RMVXA The Lucidia Chronicles (30+ hour RPG)

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by Lucidia, Jun 23, 2016.

?

Who are your top 2 party members?

1. Orin

2. Aurora

3. Faero

4. Krysta

5. Arlo

6. Verity

7. Hart

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TheXRookie

TheXRookie Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello, I've started to play the game and after 4 hours, I arrive to the mansion but get stuck with the battle (all the boss battles are just to difficult so far but I've managed to beat them) is there a way to get the code of the chest in the bedroom please?

2. Lucidia

Lucidia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey! Check the headstones (graveyard) just outside the house.

3. Lucidia

Lucidia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I have started a full game playthrough on YouTube for anyone interested! Check out Part 1 here:

atoms and springrequiem like this.
  4. Mykeje

Mykeje Villager Member

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sounds good. This also gives me hope, because I thought classical fantasy RPGs, like the one I'm making, were disappeared.

Lucidia likes this.
  5. meezs

meezs Warper Member

First Language:
    eng
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I have seen others trying to figure out the Glacier Cave deal I have killed the boss nothing now seems to open anymore gates. Hopefully someone will respond like the game but now getting tired to this cave

6. jefermelesyeux

jefermelesyeux Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi! Loving the game so far. I'm currently having trouble in the cathedral crypt... I cannot for the life of me beat the assassin/first main boss. Grinding with the fixed enemy encounters doesn't yield experience, only gold. Verity's magic requires a lottt of MP and I don't have many items to be able to replenish it. That's clearly my own fault...haha. But I keep getting totally wiped out. Can someone offer any advice?

7. hero_buddy

hero_buddy artist and pro cat petter Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    i really wanted to like this game, i really did! it has lots of scripts from my mog, my favorite maker, and the mapping is really nice, too. the cat quest was really frustrating though, as there was no indication of what to do, and then when i finally passed it, i got annihilated by the first boss. a first boss shouldn't be that hard. i don't think i'm going to play anymore, sorry. :ysrs:

8. Lilly

Lilly Joy Bringer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Can I ask a question about this game?

9. FergardStratoavis

FergardStratoavis Villager Member

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I downloaded this title in hopes of finding something fun. I didn't really go very far yet, since Flower the Boulder Thrower proves to be a sizable obstacle. With only two Smelling Salts on hand, the fight's a bit of a roulette wheel and the boss is a bit of a pain for the very first one. I'm guessing I could buy some more at the merchant's, but that sounds like a grind.

I'll try braving that boss later on. So far I don't really have much to say, other than that Rosewoode is real purdy.

10. FergardStratoavis

FergardStratoavis Villager Member

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Apologies about the double post, but that seems like something worth addressing.

Having just arrived in Saint City, I activated a cutscene for what seems to be late game, with the complete party, discussing Rings of Sacrifice, entrances to the Underworld and Exus's Castle - which presumably are not things I should be privy to two hours into the game.

[​IMG]

It happened somewhere around these parts in Saint City Shopping.

As for progress itself, the second boss was felled - but I had to grind up for AGI manipulators to stand the chance. The fact that the boss fires off a 200+ dmg of a farewell nuke to the entire party is IMO a bit much, especially since it already hits like a truck even if you Jinx it. I fear AGI manipulators themselves are going to be the go-to of any strategy, which someone here had described as an ATB Trap. Game's still real purdy though, so I'm plodding along.

11. RouletteBunnie

RouletteBunnie Gamer Girl Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Character Orin looks like a Male Yuffie from FF7 :D

I'd have to say though, this game looks really cool and I'll have to check it out sometime !!!
    Great Work!

12. Whacker

Whacker Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Found some potentially game breaking bugs.

-A tile outside the armor shop in Saint City will trigger a cutscene meant for much later in the game

-Their is a tile near the entrance to Amana Mines that warp glitched me to just right outside the snow town behind the kraken/squid boss long before I was meant to be there. Never did try to recreate.

- When you've almost completed the ice caves and cross the three bridges with orin and go up the stairs to the next room it is possible the gate needed to progress will still be closed and you can't exit the room to reopen it, because the layout is such that you can't get back to the stairs, worse still the save in this room can be a trap if this happens.

- The temple of the divine is game ending bug city for me. In the giant chess room with the button you need to press at the very bottom left just past the dragon near to said button, sometimes stepping on a square will cause an immobile imp(it's one of the only few squares near to the button on the required path) to spawn that sends you back on line of site making it impossible to reach the button. Sometimes the imp doesn't spawn and a rat does, depending on which square this is on it's impossible to reach the button, and sometimes both will spawn. I have to save and reload and hope none of these happen. I presume hitting the button will extend a bridge(unsure) in the previous room so you can hit a red and blue switch alas sometimes the bridge doesn't appear or it disappears(maybe).

And finally a rant/ some thoughts. I hate the temple of the divine, because of the backtracking. Every time you fail a puzzle your sent back to the start of the crystal room and have to return to the puzzle room and repeat and repeat. It wouldn't be so bad if the puzzles didn't have cheap tricks. Oh look a giant room filled with spikes let me trial and error my way through, because aside from using the pillars as vague guideposts I didn't see anything that might serve as a reliable hint, just guesswork(forgive me if there is and I just missed something). Oh look a giant chess room and it seems fair I just have to be aware of all the pieces and move appropriately...oh never mind invisible things whose only purpose is the make you have to backtrack again. I'm scared of what I'll find in the third room. Speaking of the crystal room, when you want to activate certain crystals, hit switches, and move bridges it is back to the torch room 3/4 rooms back and forth over and over. And the bugs for more added backtracking. I hate the temple of the divine.
    Overall I like the game a lot I just feel like some of the puzzles need to be a little more clear and some less frustrating.