Silwynas

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello Lucidia,

I have been playing your game for about 17 hours now. And I have to tell you that I absolutly love your game!!! It is one of the best RPG Maker Games I have ever played. Sadly I could not continue playing as I ran into the same issue FrustratedGamer already reported on the 31th of January 2019 (post 179).
Enjoying the game so far, some of the puzzles are nice and challenging. Combat can be unforgiving until you learn what mobs do, and what your party members can do.

I have an issue here tho that I believe is a bug with the game,
after defeating the bird after Lypha Village. I return to Saint City with Arlo and Hart, there is a cutscene where Arlo says they'll go to see the princess about arresting Hart. however, when I make my way towards the Castle, the entrances are blocked by 3 guards, when I talk to the guard in the middle I get a cut scene with 3 extra party member sprites missing, when it is just supposed to be Arlo and Hart. I then go into battle against the 3 guards. I cannot beat them, Arlo and Hart are around level 23, and they just get stomped. Surely this is a bug?
Please see the SS;

As soon as I entered Saint City a cutscene with Hart and Arlo was trigged. After that I always had to fight the guards when I tried to enter the castle. Being around level 25 it was possible to beat all 6 of the guards. I just had to use a lot of healing items. But as I saw in your post it was not intended to be like this.

Since other players were able to continue I believe I may have corrupted my save files unintentionally. While being in Aurora's house just before talking to Luna I went into the basement to travel to the underworld. I ended up in the "circus area" and had a cutscene with all 6 characters while only 3 of them were in my party at that time. Going back to the "real world" I had another cutscene with all 6 characters. I believe this is the reason the game thinks I would already have all 6 party members back together.

I just wanted to spend my soul stones in the underworld which I had collected in Hotel Eclipso. And I knew I could do that because I have already been in the circus area once before. Way back when the black market thief stole my weapons I could enter the underworld inside the ruins. This was my first time. No enemies were around and I had no timer nor did I take damage over time just by walking. I thought it was some kind of puzzle connected to ruin. But I did not know that it wasn't back then so I kept walking until I reached the circus in the underworld. The same cutscenes around the circus area and back in Aurora's house were shown. At that time Aurora and Hart have not been in my party yet. I was so confused and loaded my old save because it was clear to me that my move was unintended from your side.

I was able to fix my problem by loading an old save in which I did not enter the underworld to spend my soul stones. Now I could pass the guards infront of the castle. Maybe this will help others players if you were to close the gates to the underworld before they are supposed to be used. :)

Last edited:

Zeroe

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, can anyone help me with the abandoned warehouse searching for the assassin. I've made it to the bottom floor save area but i can't figure out where to go from there.

Zeroe

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nvm i found it.

Zeroe

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
New question, what do you do with the torches in the temple of divine first area. I can't seem to figure it out and there are no hints that i can see. I can't progress further though because the spikes in the area past the flame wall keep stopping me
Figured it out

Last edited:

Zeroe

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! Knowing my post history here, i'll post this and immediately figure out the solution, but i have to ask anyway. I have found all the levers in amano mines but i can't for the life of me figure out the combination to get to the red chest. Can someone give me a hint or tell me the solution please?

Keria

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi everyone! Amazing game.

I am trying to kill Mathias, the vampire boss that shows at Hart's village.
After about one hour of combat he just completely stopped while casting a skill and he is standing there doing nothing.

Is it impossible to beat him then? Or is this a bug?

mathias.png

Thanks and, again, the game is phenomenal, I am really enjoying it.

tr0j4n

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
what is the password? :/

New question, what do you do with the torches in the temple of divine first area. I can't seem to figure it out and there are no hints that i can see. I can't progress further though because the spikes in the area past the flame wall keep stopping me
Figured it out
a little help please. I'm stuck at the same place :(

no2ironman1100

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Other
I don't recommend, every battle has been painfull. You can't go back and grind up for a battle 90% of the time, nevermind the large sections of the game with no shop. Before you get a specific item that removes mob encounters there's also way too many mobs. Everything in this game is up to 11. The part I hate about it is the characters act like nothing much happened. There's a lot of weird meta jokes past a point and everyone is generic and boring. Every puzzle is designed to take severe trial and error more than skill. Boss battles range from "very hard if you're ready" to "Near impossible unless RNG jesus blesses you and you grinded the **** out of the last time you still could (which more often than not is an hour or two ago because the game tunnels you down into "Can't get out" spaces and mobs hit like trucks so you need to spend more money than you gain healing often) Avoid, download something else. I've gotten close to the end but I've decided there's nothing good in this.

Lomion

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone!

Lucidia, I really loved your game; I think its a little gem for so many reasons.
Mapping is spot on, the world really feel like a world. Every place is unique and memorable, and also comes with an unforgettable music theme.
Characters are likeable and dialogues are really well written and often very fun and quirky.
I liked the story, even if it feels a bit rushed towards the end, when it could really have expanded into something more fleshed out.
Overall I liked the combat, even if sometimes I found it to be a little gimmicky, especially on bosses. High mana costs are a questionable choice.
Difficulty (and grinding) has not been a problem for me, but I can see why it could scare many players away. At times the difficulty feels more aggravating because of the gimmicky nature of some part of the game, where you are forced into situations with no way out.
Puzzles are really fantastic and very well thought out, but sometimes you went really overboard; especially towards the end of the game, where the vast majority of them requires an inordinate amount of random guessing and trial and error.
Talking about secrets, I very much liked chests positioning and content, and finding optional weapons was fun. The only gripe I have is "missable" items: I managed to get all weapons but later I realized it was only thanks to my OCD. I could have easily missed at least one secret weapon without reloading a couple of times on every dialogue choice that smelled "strange".
I think I managed to complete all the "secret" content in the game and I must say the "reward" was a bit underwhelming and the content itself felt a bit rushed.

That said, thank you very much for your game, I had a lot of fun.
Looking forward to play the sequel.

While playing I created some resources to help me with the game. I thought I'd clean them up a bit and post them here to help those in need. They are by no means complete or exhaustive, I am only posting them "as they are".

I invite you to try to solve the game on your own and not to use these resources. If you decide to use them, beware of spoilers.

Complete Charlie's Chest loot list. The chests are fixed and they will repeat after some time.

Bread - Gold +2000 - Grapes
Apple - Smelling Salts - Small Key
Smelling Salts - Gold +100 - Gold +2000
Swift Cloak - Apple - Gold +10
Gold +50 - Casual Clothes - Idol Shield
Diamond - Remedy Mix - Bread
Mana Bottle - Mystic Mirror - Herbs
Herbs - Small Key - Apple
Gold +20 - Diamond - Bread
Gold +2000 - EMPTY - Gold +250
Apple - Holy Spirits - Phoenix Feather
Herbs - Gold +500 - Gold +5000
Grapes - Wedding Dress - Remedy Mix
Health Bottle - Gold +1 - Goddess Circlet
Money Pouch - Bread - Gold +80
Smelling Salts - Small Key - Grapes
Gold +150 - Grapes - Small Key
Goliath Suit - Herbs - Remedy Mix
Diamond - Gold +200 - Bread
Herbs - Health Bottle - Diamond
red-red-room.jpg
blue-green-room.jpg
This is the final lever combination when I escaped Saint City Sewers. Got it by trial and error, no idea on how it works.

saint-city-sewers.jpg
This is the lever setup to reach the two most harder to reach containers. I didn't record other combinations, but they are pretty straightforward.

amani-mines.jpg
These are what I believe to be the "final weapons" for every character.

Please note that after obtaining Googles at the Black Market I always had them equipped on one character, so most of the times I have no idea if they are required to see a chest or not.

ORIN (Bow of Gods)

Golden chest in Oralice Falls, on the map where Lorelei and William scene ensue.

AURORA (Reaper's Secret)

Buy with 50 Soul Stone in Underworld Undertown, from a creep in the southwest corner.

FAERO (Rune Dagger)

Golden chest in the Forgotten Ruins.

ARLO (Calamity Sabre)

Zephyr Pass, in the house with the Odd Shaped Keyhole. You can find the key in a chest in Amani Mines.

KRYSTA (Divinity)

In Krysta's room in Saint City Castle. Probably need to collect all Royal Diaries to see the chest (needs confirmation).

VERITY (Enchantress)

Dahlia, the professional wand restorer in Orr magic shop, can craft the weapon. You will need three pieces.

- The Broken Wand is found the first time in Saint City Cathedral Crypt. After a while (can't remember when) Verity loses the wand: you can find it again in Mount Pyriux interior, near the exit to the top of the mountain. You will see a sparkle on the ground.
- Mystic Jewel: beat the old mage in Forgotten Ruins with Verity alone.
- Mystic Spell: give cat threat to the black cat in Viktor's house in Rosewood. He will guide you to a chest with the spell up the stairs.

HART (Vendetta)

On the last floor of the Tower of the Lyphrae in Mount Pyriux.
Unfortunately I don't know or can't remember all the necessary conditions to obtain the weapons. I report only what I know/remember.

Please note that after obtaining Googles at the Black Market I always had them equipped on one character, so most of the times I have no idea if they are required to see a chest or not.

The Faceless
Chest in Hart's village, right at the start of the map.
Can't access during Hart and Arlo first visit.

The Heartless
Chest in Glacier Caves, north of the Lamia boss.

The Hopeless
Give Questionable Weeds to the guy standing in the west alley in Saint City first map. You will need to say "no" the first couple of times and then he will offer you the weapon.
Can't remember where I got the Questionable Weeds.

The Lifeless
Chest reward in Amani Mines after solving the mine cart puzzle.

The Powerless
Can't remember where I got it, sorry.

The Visionless
Hide and seek in Mount Pyriux, second round.

- First child is in Charlie's Chests room, you need to pay a ticket to enter.
- Second one is in Tower of the Lyphrae on ground floor.
- Third one is inside the Cult House Cellars.
- Fourth one is in Mount Pyriux Interior. Go north after climbing down and keep going north on fire boulders. The child is after the lava lake, not far from the Fire Crystal.

Also, the only way I found to get back to starting point in time is entering the Underworld before going for the last child, to stop the clock ticking. I don't know if this is intended or a bug.

The Voiceless
In Hotel Eclipso piano room.

After gathering all the Cursed Weapons go to Saint City weapon vendor.
He will pay 10.000 g for each one of them. Turning all of them will net you the Golden Key, necessary to open the Gate in Infernis Desert.
- Wind Crystal is in Espiri Woods, you need to climb down a vine near the waterfall, not far from the save point.
- Fire Crystal is in Mount Pyriux interior, northwest corner, beyond the lake of lava.
- Water Crystal is in Oralice Falls, pretty visible, near the entrance to Glacier Caves.
- Earth Crystal is in Amani Mines shaft, near the northwest ladder.

All the bosses will break (literally, you will loose them) your Mystic Mirrors at the start of the combat, so don't try to use them at all.
- In Temple of the Divine you will forcely lose your Holy Symbol. You can get it back in a golden chest in Orr Chapel after you get back from the Underworld.
- When you buy the Oralice Falls residence, inside it you will find a full Crystal set in a golden chest.
- Towards the end of the game you can craft unlimited Elixir Of The Lyphrae at Hart's village. Use the Empty Bottle on the sacred water fountain northwest of the village, then boil the Sacred Water on the flame in Chief's Quarters secret room.
- If you go to Saint City Cathedral cemetery towards the end of the game and inspect one of the tombstones, a scene will ensue and Arlo will learn a skill called Knight's Honour.
- If you follow the story of the cursed family in Electruxe, when delivering a letter to the girl in Astoria Jungle cabin you will gain the Divine Power skill for Orin.
- I noticed that characters wearing a Wedding Dress gain more experience from combat, but I am not sure if this is intended or a bug.
- In Ghostsoul Wastelands, north of Celscia, you can encounter Fallen Angels enemies. They are hard to beat but they drop Ultima Shards very rarely. Unfortunately you will need to kill them VERY quickly because the zone freeze timer ticks down even in combat.
- The Gem Shop in Electruxe is the cheapest for stat gems. You can buy Diamonds 2.500 g each.
- You can buy magic scrolls in Celscia, on the left right at town entrance. Or in Electruxe in the big building, right elevator, second floor, apartment on the right.
- You can also buy Power Shards in Celscia for 10.000 g each, at the outside shop on the northeast of the map.
Later in the game the Electruxe Item Shop will have a "special" sale: all items will cost less then the amount you can get for selling them in the Junk Shop just next door.

The most profitable item is Holy Spirits: you can buy one for 700 g and sell it instantly next door for 1.250 g each. For 99 Holy Spirits total profit is 54.450 g per trip.

Enjoy the game!

Lucidia

Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone!

Lucidia, I really loved your game; I think its a little gem for so many reasons.
Mapping is spot on, the world really feel like a world. Every place is unique and memorable, and also comes with an unforgettable music theme.
Characters are likeable and dialogues are really well written and often very fun and quirky.
I liked the story, even if it feels a bit rushed towards the end, when it could really have expanded into something more fleshed out.
Overall I liked the combat, even if sometimes I found it to be a little gimmicky, especially on bosses. High mana costs are a questionable choice.
Difficulty (and grinding) has not been a problem for me, but I can see why it could scare many players away. At times the difficulty feels more aggravating because of the gimmicky nature of some part of the game, where you are forced into situations with no way out.
Puzzles are really fantastic and very well thought out, but sometimes you went really overboard; especially towards the end of the game, where the vast majority of them requires an inordinate amount of random guessing and trial and error.
Talking about secrets, I very much liked chests positioning and content, and finding optional weapons was fun. The only gripe I have is "missable" items: I managed to get all weapons but later I realized it was only thanks to my OCD. I could have easily missed at least one secret weapon without reloading a couple of times on every dialogue choice that smelled "strange".
I think I managed to complete all the "secret" content in the game and I must say the "reward" was a bit underwhelming and the content itself felt a bit rushed.

That said, thank you very much for your game, I had a lot of fun.
Looking forward to play the sequel.

While playing I created some resources to help me with the game. I thought I'd clean them up a bit and post them here to help those in need. They are by no means complete or exhaustive, I am only posting them "as they are".

I invite you to try to solve the game on your own and not to use these resources. If you decide to use them, beware of spoilers.

Complete Charlie's Chest loot list. The chests are fixed and they will repeat after some time.

Bread - Gold +2000 - Grapes
Apple - Smelling Salts - Small Key
Smelling Salts - Gold +100 - Gold +2000
Swift Cloak - Apple - Gold +10
Gold +50 - Casual Clothes - Idol Shield
Diamond - Remedy Mix - Bread
Mana Bottle - Mystic Mirror - Herbs
Herbs - Small Key - Apple
Gold +20 - Diamond - Bread
Gold +2000 - EMPTY - Gold +250
Apple - Holy Spirits - Phoenix Feather
Herbs - Gold +500 - Gold +5000
Grapes - Wedding Dress - Remedy Mix
Health Bottle - Gold +1 - Goddess Circlet
Money Pouch - Bread - Gold +80
Smelling Salts - Small Key - Grapes
Gold +150 - Grapes - Small Key
Goliath Suit - Herbs - Remedy Mix
Diamond - Gold +200 - Bread
Herbs - Health Bottle - Diamond
This is the final lever combination when I escaped Saint City Sewers. Got it by trial and error, no idea on how it works.

View attachment 204881
This is the lever setup to reach the two most harder to reach containers. I didn't record other combinations, but they are pretty straightforward.

View attachment 204880
These are what I believe to be the "final weapons" for every character.

ORIN (Bow of Gods)

Golden chest in Oralice Falls, on the map where Lorelei and William scene ensue.

AURORA (Reaper's Secret)

Buy with 50 Soul Stone in Underworld Undertown, from a creep in the southwest corner.

FAERO (Rune Dagger)

Golden chest in the Forgotten Ruins.

ARLO (Calamity Sabre)

Zephyr Pass, in the house with the Odd Shaped Keyhole. You can find the key in a chest in Amani Mines.

KRYSTA (Divinity)

In Krysta's room in Saint City Castle. Probably need to collect all Royal Diaries to see the chest (needs confirmation).

VERITY (Enchantress)

Dahlia, the professional wand restorer in Orr magic shop, can craft the weapon. You will need three pieces.

- The Broken Wand is found the first time in Saint City Cathedral Crypt. After a while (can't remember when) Verity loses the wand: you can find it again in Mount Pyriux interior, near the exit to the top of the mountain. You will see a sparkle on the ground.
- Mystic Jewel: beat the old mage in Forgotten Ruins with Verity alone.
- Mystic Spell: give cat threat to the black cat in Viktor's house in Rosewood. He will guide you to a chest with the spell up the stairs.

HART (Vendetta)

On the last floor of the Tower of the Lyphrae in Mount Pyriux.
Unfortunately I don't know or can't remember all the necessary conditions to obtain the weapons. I report only what I know/remember.

The Faceless
Chest in Hart's village, right at the start of the map.
Can't access during Hart and Arlo first visit.

The Heartless
Chest in Glacier Caves, north of the Lamia boss.

The Hopeless
Give Questionable Weeds to the guy standing in the west alley in Saint City first map. You will need to say "no" the first couple of times and then he will offer you the weapon.
Can't remember where I got the Questionable Weeds.

The Lifeless
Chest reward in Amani Mines after solving the mine cart puzzle.

The Powerless
Can't remember where I got it, sorry.

The Visionless
Hide and seek in Mount Pyriux, second round.

- First child is in Charlie's Chests room, you need to pay a ticket to enter.
- Second one is in Tower of the Lyphrae on ground floor.
- Third one is inside the Cult House Cellars.
- Fourth one is in Mount Pyriux Interior. Go north after climbing down and keep going north on fire boulders. The child is after the lava lake, not far from the Fire Crystal.

Also, the only way I found to get back to starting point in time is entering the Underworld before going for the last child, to stop the clock ticking. I don't know if this is intended or a bug.

The Voiceless
In Hotel Eclipso piano room.

After gathering all the Cursed Weapons go to Saint City weapon vendor.
He will pay 10.000 g for each one of them. Turning all of them will net you the Golden Key, necessary to open the Gate in Infernis Desert.
- Wind Crystal is in Espiri Woods, you need to climb down a vine near the waterfall, not far from the save point.
- Fire Crystal is in Mount Pyriux interior, northwest corner, beyond the lake of lava.
- Water Crystal is in Oralice Falls, pretty visible, near the entrance to Glacier Caves.
- Earth Crystal is in Amani Mines shaft, near the northwest ladder.

All the bosses will break (literally, you will loose them) your Mystic Mirrors at the start of the combat, so don't try to use them at all.
- In Temple of the Divine you will forcely lose your Holy Symbol. You can get it back in a golden chest in Orr Chapel after you get back from the Underworld.
- When you buy the Oralice Falls residence, inside it you will find a full Crystal set in a golden chest.
- Towards the end of the game you can craft unlimited Elixir Of The Lyphrae at Hart's village. Use the Empty Bottle on the sacred water fountain northwest of the village, then boil the Sacred Water on the flame in Chief's Quarters secret room.
- If you go to Saint City Cathedral cemetery towards the end of the game and inspect one of the tombstones, a scene will ensue and Arlo will learn a skill called Knight's Honour.
- If you follow the story of the cursed family in Electruxe, when delivering a letter to the girl in Astoria Jungle cabin you will gain the Divine Power skill for Orin.
- I noticed that characters wearing a Wedding Dress gain more experience from combat, but I am not sure if this is intended or a bug.
- In Ghostsoul Wastelands, north of Celscia, you can encounter Fallen Angels enemies. They are hard to beat but they drop Ultima Shards very rarely. Unfortunately you will need to kill them VERY quickly because the zone freeze timer ticks down even in combat.
- The Gem Shop in Electruxe is the cheapest for stat gems. You can buy Diamonds 2.500 g each.
- You can buy magic scrolls in Celscia, on the left right at town entrance. Or in Electruxe in the big building, right elevator, second floor, apartment on the right.
- You can also buy Power Shards in Celscia for 10.000 g each, at the outside shop on the northeast of the map.
Later in the game the Electruxe Item Shop will have a "special" sale: all items will cost less then the amount you can get for selling them in the Junk Shop just next door.

The most profitable item is Holy Spirits: you can buy one for 700 g and sell it instantly next door for 1.250 g each. For 99 Holy Spirits total profit is 54.450 g per trip.
Enjoy the game!
Wow what a great post. Thank you so much for playing my game. I’m so glad you enjoyed it and it’s super cool to see you were able to find so many secrets and Sidequests within the game. I probably went overboard with them, and certainly with some of the puzzles haha.

I’ve learnt a lot in the years since releasing this title and though I’ve scrapped plans for a sequel, I am working on a new game that’s similar, this time focusing on user experience over difficulty. Hope you’ll get a chance to play when the day comes! Take care

Lomion

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ouch, it's a shame there won't be a sequel to TLC! Anyway, looking forward to try your new title when the time comes.

springrequiem

a terrified translator
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Good luck on your new game. I still think about this one fondly from time to time!

Lucidia

Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good luck on your new game. I still think about this one fondly from time to time!
I’m so glad! I will always remember you were the first one to finish it - never thought so many people would see it through!

yiazmat128

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Brazilian
Primarily Uses
N/A
First boss and gave up. How the heck you just get 1 hit kill like nothing in the very first 20 minutes? Others already complained about this. There's no balancing, and from what i've seen you need to grind a lot. Sorry, but i don't recommend this game to anyone.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think it's ready - Chapter Selection:
unknown.png
On another more gaming topic, I paid 20 bucks for a visual novel to emotionally destroy me. I may write an entry about that.
1638611395177.png
Reading about metaverses recently. I can totally imagine myself in the future, logging in with VR glasses to a virtual beach villa sitting in a virtual chair, with a virtual laptop facing the sea...coding 16-bit RM.
Mod name: "[Game name] Gameplay Overhaul"
What they actually mean: "Here is a mod that makes the game harder."
I decided to reinstall one of my most favourite game of all times, Gothic 2. Time to get back to Khorinis!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christopher626