RMMV The Majesti (Fantasy JRPG)

saintivan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Before there were cites, towns, or even people, magical animals known as Majesti ruled the Earth.

title screen2.png

200,000 years ago, an incident caused certain groups of animals to become magical. They instantly became intelligent, and developed the ability to communicate fluently with other species. The Majesti were immortal, but only if they retained their magic. If depleted, they would become ordinary animals once more.

The magic did not come without cost. Many perished after the appearance of the object. Those that remained lost members of their herds, packs, coalitions, and prides. Those that had been separated yearned to be reunited. All Majesti found missing loved ones except for Gnuoot. After exhausting all hope of finding his herd, he set out to unite all of the Majesti. They would become his new herd.

bandicam 2021-01-15 22-26-51-078.jpg

In time all Majesti were drawn to an island they would know as Seastone. They suspected the island hid vast power. They discovered many caverns, but were unable to uncover any of their secrets. At Seastone, the Majesti golden age began. Leaders of the carnivores, herbivores, and scavengers worked together to forge a strong alliance.

bandicam 2020-04-26 21-54-54-069.jpg

Play as different animals from the three Majesti factions: hebivores, carnivores, and scavengers. Discover the origin of the Majesti, and uncover the secret of their power.

bandicam 2021-01-16 12-44-49-787.jpg

Game features:

The Majesti is being developed as a JRPG for casual gamers. No gaming experience is necessary. Hard-core gamers may also be interested, but it should be noted many traditional RPG game elements have been stripped from this game. There are no items to buy or equip (though there are items and potions for use in battles), and no attibutes or skill selection (characters do gain new skills automatically by leveling up). There are scripted battles necessary to advance throughout the game. They will not be challenging for experienced gamers, but should still be enjoyable.

bandicam 2021-01-13 21-11-37-447.jpg

The Majesti is for ages 10 and up. There is cuteness and there are laughs, but complex problems from real life such as conflict, loss, growing up, and facing tough decisions are prominent in the story arcs. Not all of our furry friends will make it.

And so, the Majesti golden age will unfortunately end.

bandicam 2021-01-18 22-06-47-092.jpg

Travel 200,000 years to discover their fate.

fishes majesti.png

Switz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really great art and looks like a fun game! Can't wait to check it out!

Meowsticks

Just a person
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This looks like a really cute game. I like the idea of animals becoming personified, and the concept of turning back into ordinary animals if they lose the magic sounds really cool and you can play off that a lot. Making this an RPG for casual gamers is a nice idea as well, especially since it's all about animals and people love animals! It sounds like it will be very simple gameplay wise but that is never truly a bad thing on it's own, and simple games can still be a ton of fun, so I wish you luck with that! And I'm glad it won't be a purely happy, upbeat adventure and you mentioned that real world conflicts will arise. If you ever put out a demo I would enjoy trying it out!

saintivan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
This looks like a really cute game. I like the idea of animals becoming personified, and the concept of turning back into ordinary animals if they lose the magic sounds really cool and you can play off that a lot. Making this an RPG for casual gamers is a nice idea as well, especially since it's all about animals and people love animals! It sounds like it will be very simple gameplay wise but that is never truly a bad thing on it's own, and simple games can still be a ton of fun, so I wish you luck with that! And I'm glad it won't be a purely happy, upbeat adventure and you mentioned that real world conflicts will arise. If you ever put out a demo I would enjoy trying it out!
Thank you. If you'd like to playtest, I can send you a Steam key when a beta is ready.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love tigers if it's in there :D
the screenshots are nice, keep up the nice work :)

saintivan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I love tigers if it's in there :D
the screenshots are nice, keep up the nice work :)
It's the Serengeti, so only animals native to that region. Lions and cheetahs though :LZScat:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love those to, but tigers more, also on teh 2 picture from below is an
animal below the grass :) if it's not a bush, but I like to playtest it of
bug test it if need.

saintivan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I love those to, but tigers more, also on teh 2 picture from below is an
animal below the grass :) if it's not a bush, but I like to playtest it of
bug test it if need.
If you would like to playtest, I can send you a Steam key when it's in beta.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
sure, I squash whenever I have time, also creating my plugin and
maps for my game.

anithing with cats in it is something I want to play, (specially if it's tiger and cats)
other cats kind, jaguar, cheeta, lion (in this order) :)

keep up the nice work. feel free to DM me (all my work I do = free).
it's a hobby ^^ and games and maps can bring me inspiration for my own
design (not that I can do better), but there are much better ones than me :)

you learn more from mistakes, than of the things you do right ^^

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News for 10th April, 2021. :LZScheeze: (Improving on the thumbnails, by using assets from the day's news.)
Just discovering the forum.
Since Final Fantasy VII has been trending today, decided to make a series of my favorite bars in the OG game! Check it out:

At 2021, we are now farther from the 1980's than they were from the 1950's. Consider that the next time you long for a 1980's song, when you thought your grandpa's taste for 1950's music was "outdated".
no, not my duct tape, anything but my duct tape!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armyrule94