The Man Of Many Questions

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by OZiO, Jul 21, 2016.

1. OZiO

OZiO Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I have a 4 Legthy questions that are significant for my game to work, but what I'm looking for really is to know "is this possible within the engine?" Sorry if you guys get stuff like this a lot. 

1) I'm making a modern city rpg game with drivable vehicles and such, and wanted to ask how possible is it to have a mechanic where while driving a vehicle the camera zooms in and out due to how fast you're driving? Something reminiscent of GTA 1 and 2 (I'lll put a video link below to give you guys a better example of what I'm going for.) I'm sure this won't be easy to implement without some good old fashion javascript, but I'm just curious how possible this all is. 

2) Is adding "weight to the vehicles when driving" a possible thing? It doesn't seem like something normal to this engine.

3) I'm using the gametime script and that's been great for me so far, but I'm wondering if it's possible to go a step further with the day night cycle to make something similar to the Persona series. It's hard to describe, but with each day the character can only do so much between their social interactions, grinding xp, or just dicking around before they have to move on to the next day. Also if too many days pass and the character isn't ready for a boss fight on a certain day they'd be screwed pretty much. Again just asking how possible this would be with js

4) Lastly, if I wanted to learn more on creating my own plugins and javascript in general where would you guys recommend for a good start? 

Edit: Found out this was done in VX ACE after doing some browsing around. So now I ask is possible to convert vx ace's ruby scripts to javascript plugins for MV?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2016
  2. OZiO

OZiO Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Shameless self bump, I guess there's not much on this kind of stuff. 

3. Authumbla

Authumbla Listen To My Soundcloud Fam? Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Unfortunately, it's perfectly possible to convert a script in Ruby to a Javascript plugin...by reprogramming it from scratch. Everything you're saying sounds possible, it's just a matter of getting down to brass tacks and coding it.

Good luck - it sounds like it's going to be a lot of work, but worth it in the end.

4. OZiO

OZiO Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey man, I highly appreciate the reply. I'd rather it be the hard than no way at all. Looks like I'm gonna have to follow after my profile picture.