The Mana Legacy

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Difeld, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Difeld

Difeld Villager Member

The Mana Legacy

Introducion

The Mana Legacy is about a boy whose sister was kidnapped into another world, and that made him rushing into the unknown in order to save her, where he finds out he possess great power of one in generation. Generic, right? Wrong. This part, which is also the prologue, is only the key to an epic story of Kyle, and his new friends from the other world. A great journey where they will figure who they are, why are they fighting, and what is their destiny.

Meanwhile, group of ambitious 'senators' pulling the strings of all the world in order to accomplish their ultimate desire.

My target is to do well-developed characters, which every one of them have convincing human traits, full past, and as the game progresses - intersting future. Combined with (hopefully) intersting battles (thank you Yanfly for the Battle A.I plugin - the baby of this game :p), and everything that needed to make a rpg game.

The Mana Legacy is your old-fashion fantasy rpg game, but with some spices, interesting light features, and fun story with little touch of humor.

For now the demo contains the prologue and chapter 1.

Features

- Optional quests from side-bosses elimination guild, providing challenging well-planned A.I battles and awsome rewards, as well unique guild coins to buy exclusive items.

- Unique skill system - Every character have his own type of 'Mana Orb', and each mana orb of his kind gives another list of skills and magics (usually with similiar style more or less, we don't want the tough heavy warrior to gain high-offensive magics, do we?) combined with character's unique skill system - that way I target to dynamic combinations of party's skills which should change depanding the situation.

The skill pool planned to be very varied, as I'm using many elements of yanfly's plugins - (Limited uses, cooldowns, party limit gauge...)

Well written main characters - as I mentioned above - personality, past and future - I am not the kind of "I am hero so I'm trying to save everyone even if it's mean sacrificing myself - with smile!" *I'll have to note that in the demo the characters seems to be the generic anime archtypes. Well, I can't argue with that, but I have my plans written on them (backstory and that) in my mind, so you are not going to see that 'feature' in that release.

- Smart A.I - One of the thing which makes people to kick rpg is the generic boring battles. "You hit it, it hits you, and then again - wow, you won!" - Not on my watch. I tried to do a 'uniqueness' to every battle - spiders poison everyone in the party and then attacks. zombies reanimate their friends, cerberus deadly backstab blinded characters accompined by blinding ghosts, etc.

- Controllable Day/Night System - Yeah, that again (controllable means it's like a mode you can switch in the inns).

- [Planned] Crafting System - Almost every enemy gives a 'drop', it's mainly for the right-now-unexist crafting system.

And more which I don't know if to note as 'features' :p

Flaws

(It's good I'm not using designed titles, imagine bright sparkled designed title of "Flaws")

- I have some balancing issues. I want you to go over it and check if I should make the enemies more strong/weak/fast... those 'stats' parameters aren't so clear...

- There is a craft shop (you know, giving lame items for a cool one) which works like a regular shop with the 'more currencies' yanfly plugin. This is lame, and I'm going to replace it when I will find a good craft shop plugin (not belong to the 'crafting system' above, this is 'craft shop').

- There is an annoying flaw when you get new character to the party - you need to equip him manually. That because what the characters can wear is according the mana orbs, so the editor don't let me equip them initially.

- The prologue could be much better. I didn't give my all when I did the prologue (It has more scenes than amazing dungeons or battles), but chapter 1 is way better, so please don't judge the whole game because of the prologue.

- Another thing about the prologue - I did the prologue before I bought the DLC, so I didn't have the sci-fi sprites there. I thought to replace all the sprites in the prologue, but then I saw the faceset of 'sci-fi people 01' is missing, so I left it how it was for now.

- One last thing - I am not native english, so there might be some grammar mistakes. Don't worry, it should be understandable like this page. To fix that issue I need somebody who agree to fix it. I have a friend to do it, but he is super-busy so it'll take awhile.

If you find any more - that the place tell me about :)

Screenshots

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The Demo

The cherry on the cake: 

Contain also a savefile if you want to skip the prologue.

Credits

Ok, this is the problematic part.

For the plugins - they are all of the mighty Yanfly Engine Plugins! Really, I wouldn't do anything if not her plugins.

For the generator parts - I collected them from the WHOLE internet, so there are many I don't remeber where I took them from.

Because it's an early version, I will skip that for now, but I promise to search and list credits for the all the creators when I'll launch an advanced version, so please forgive me for now!

So here we go! Please let me now anything you think I should improve - from everything to the stats of the first sword!

Thanks alot!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2016
  2. willowgrove908

willowgrove908 Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Sounds pretty cool, I'm going to try it out later.

3. Abdulla Al-Farsi

Abdulla Al-Farsi Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    Arabic
    It looks good. I will give it a try...

4. Abdulla Al-Farsi

First Language:
    Arabic
    I cant win in the first battle!!!

5. Difeld

Difeld Villager Member

First of all, allow me to thank you for testing my project, I'll be very glad to hear your honest opinion when you'll finish ch.1.

As for the first battle, I already said the main idea of my game is mind challenging battles - even the first one.

The idea in that battle is to use taunt with Grindo while guarding with Kyle. Try to do it and see wonders!  ;)

6. Abdulla Al-Farsi

First Language:
    Arabic
    I finished the prologue and this is my feedback.

Story: It's good and interesting, but it doesn't make me want to continue. You need more drama. I will give it 7/10.

Battle: I loved it. You did good job here and I will give it 8/10.

Graphics: You need to learn more about mapping. You should add more details. I will give it 7/10.

Music: They are good and I will give them 8/10.

Atmosphere: Acceptable. I will give it 6/10.

Overall, it's a nice game and you did a good job. Also, there are some mistakes you need to fix them. First, the word "Mike" is in the last battle with the chickens on the roof. You should to remove it. Second, you should to switch the event of Mike in the park to empty event after the last battle with the chickens.

The whole game is 7.2/10.

Excellent

7. Difeld

Difeld Villager Member

Thank you very much for your feedback, I really appreciate it :) .

About the story, I understand. How do you think I can do it better (how can I make my scenes more 'dramatic')?

About the mapping and the atmosphere: you right, I didn't invest so much in the prologue, I have to fix it one day...

but if you will continue you'll see that ch 1 is really something else in terms of mapping.

The "Mike" mistakes, thank you, I will fix it ;)

8. Abdulla Al-Farsi

First Language:
    Arabic

I couldn't play ch1, because you didn't add "Fadein" in the event after the player transfer to the another world.

9. Difeld

Difeld Villager Member

That was... WIERD. anyway, I fixed it, and I updated the demo and even added a savefile to skip the prologue.

I still wonder where the fadein disappeared in first place O:

Anyway, now you can move to ch1, I think it way better than the prologue ;) .

10. Abdulla Al-Farsi

First Language:
    Arabic
    I'm going to play it this weekend. Don't worry. I'm little bit busy these days.

11. Abdulla Al-Farsi

First Language:
    Arabic
    Ok... I played your game until I reached to Atlas and the player wore the Atlas Armor. Unfortunately, I couldn't defeat the boss even with the armor. Chapter 1 is too long!!!

My feedback:

- You have many spelling and grammar mistakes (so do I).

- You need to increase the average step. Fighting the enemies every two steps is something annoying and boring.

- I think you used some example maps. They are good and very simple, but they are not attractive at all. Also, you used garden maps rather than woods. You need to learn how to design brilliant maps.

- Finally, In the orphanage at night, the event of Henry was not removed when the player talks to the mother.

Anyway, the game was very interesting. I loved the story and the battles. Send me the whole game when u finish it. :)