Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Logo_MaskDream_VarianteB.png
Twitter Website
SYNOPSIS

For seventeen years the demon queen Lunee lay in sleep. Her mind is gone, her castle slowly falling into ruins and just one of her disciples remains: Van, her erstwhile lover and protector whose life is bound to hers and who spends his days watching over her lifeless body.

But suddenly queen Lunee awakes – not animated by her own spirit, but by the soul of a student who’s sleeping far away in her chambers of a magical academy.

At first Ian is convinced that those strange dreams are no more than that, but she slowly has to realize, that there is a sinister bond connecting her to the queen’s empty body.

Soon she finds herself stalked by forces she never even knew to exist, while she’s desperately trying to find out who – and what - she is … and what secret lies behind the mask Lunee is wearing, and she’s told never to take off.

Intro Sequence

CONCEPT

While you will follow the story of Ian as a single protagonist, there are in fact two characters to play, since her mind is constantly moving between her own body and the empty shell queen Lunee left behind. Both characters acquire their own companions and journey through their own storylines – even though they interweave the further you progress.

While this happens, the world becomes more and more sensitive to Ians behavior: You will encounter various situations where you have to choose: At first those decisions might just influence Ians personal life, but soon the fate of folks and nations will be destined by your choice and your companions will judge you for what you do. Some may grow fond of you, even fall in love … while others will leave for ever or turn into your bitterest enemies.

Lunees Hall.jpg

FEATURES

STORY

• A heavily choice based story that consists of equal parts dark, emotional, funny, and heartwarming moments
  • A ton of multiple endings regarding the characters fate as wells as the whole worlds
  • Profound but crazy characters that engage in sharp dialogue and react to your behavior
  • A detailed world to explore well thought out and full of strange and magical creatures
  • Countless objects to interact with, each of them evoking unique and funny thoughts or dialogue within your party​

Fifth Laboratory.png

BATTLE
  • Traditional & intuitive Turn Based Battle System, spiced up with a lot of tactical possibilities
  • Hundreds of unique skills, effects & flashy animations
  • Enemies that require you to come up with special tactics and a detailed bestiary to learn about their weaknesses
  • Multiple fighting styles for a lot of your party members, stepping away from the typical class system
  • Unique Death Stroke Animations for all Bosses, according to the character who delivered the final blow!

Dark Embrace.gif

EXTRAS

• Contributor Cards: Content Creators & Supporters will be available as collectible cards, hidden all over the game!
  • Crafting: Cook meals, forge and upgrade weapons & armour and prepare poisons, medicine & bombs!
  • Thievery: Hone your skills to pick locks, disarm traps, bypass sealing spells and sneak past your enemies
  • Secrets: Explore the world & sharpen your senses to find hidden treasures, avoid fiendish traps and discover whole new quests and story arcs!
  • Friendship: Gain or lose the trust of your companions, which may change their behavior, lead to new story arcs, or grant them new skills

TreeHouse.png

CHARACTERS

You will cross paths with a lot of characters, all with their own quirks and goals. While many of the faces around you may change according to your decisions, we will focus on those who will keep you company for most of the time.

Mirella Arrives.png

IAN

Ian.png

Small, aggressive, sassy and never pulling her punches. That’s how our protagonist would portray herself. Except for the “small”-part maybe.
Those who know her however, will describe her as a true and loyal friend, who never fails to lead her companions into an adventure – and back. Usually.

As is often the case, she proves to be a combination of both: Born in the Proletarian Trium, she was raised as the custom would have it not by her own parents, but by a group of trained educators – only that their training did not suffice to tame her.

Early on she developed two particular affections: Punch-Ups and Plants. While the former got her into trouble on regular basis, her love for all sorts of sprouting life eventually made her what she is right now: A mid-term student at famous Gryphon Cross University.

But precisely now, when she finally seems to get some control of her life, strange visions begin to haunt her dreams. Visions in which she is trapped in the body of …

LUNEE

Lunee.png

A Demon Countess, who lays asleep for several years. When Ian awakes as Countess Lunee she knows nothing about her – and what little she learns about her, is not quite to her taste.
She seems to be feared and hated by those living under her rule, even after she slept for long time. Her castle is filled with books, containing the darkest secrets of magic and the remains of cruel and bloody deeds.

Still, Ian soon discovers that something must have happened in the demoness past, that made her who she is. The only one who might have some answers is Lunees last remaining servant …

VAN

Van.png

Another Demon, another enigmatic individual, who spent the last seventeen years at his Mistress bed, waiting for her to awake. While life was leaking from his body, his resolution has never wavered. Soon Ian becomes aware that there is some kind of bond, that tied his fate the demon countess’ will – and now to hers.

Her choices will destine him to stay her slowly dying servant, to become the paladin he once was … or to turn into a shadow, only kept alive by her own beating heart.

While Ian tries to hide her true identity from him and also can’t reveal her strange dreams to the university’s lecturers, there is one friend she truly trusts …

RALI

Rali.png
The silent girl in the back of the room, constantly drawing and repelling every approach of her fellow students – if friendly or spiteful – by simply not paying any attention. Until Ian noticed that her paintings were cool and decided to befriend her.
Sometimes, if someone is just persistent and tedious enough and doesn’t become discouraged by any amount of disregard you just can’t help yourself and grow fond of her.
At least that is what happened between those two. By now they are inseparable.

Until this point Rali showed more interest in her nonhuman friends, namely her pet lizard and the spirits she is learning to summon. The only admission she made to the existence of other human beings was to train herself in Kung-Fu, so that she would be able to defend herself against unwanted things as hugs and handshakes.
When Ian discovered her habit of beating up intrusive people though, it only strengthened their friendship and soon they adjusted their fighting styles to each other.

Within one year they became an infamous Duo at the university, known for sarcasm, unauthorized expeditions and a dangerous sense of justice.

THE WORLD

THE THREE DIMENSIONS

When the first Portal was created, it was discovered that there are at least three planes:

The Human World, a circle of land within an endless sea.

The Feywild, an archipelago of floating rocks within a bottomless sky.

The Spirit Realms, that only the dead may enter.

Some sources refer to the Underworld, as a fourth dimension, made entirely of rocks and earth, streaked by dark tunnels, where demons and monsters are dwelling. In fact, the Underworld is a giant system of caves underneath the lands and even the sea of the human world.

Mount.png

THE HIGH KINGDOM

Centuries ago, the realms of humanity were melted down into one giant kingdom. Though a few of the former nations still exist, they are all ruled by the Isle of the Throne, where the High King resides.

Of these nations, that were allowed to keep their names, four managed to keep part of there influence and continue to play an important role in politics:

The Flying Citadel

The Scourching Califate

The Crystal Republic

and the Proletarian Trium

In this last named region the famous Gryphon Cross University has it’s seat. This is the place, where Ians story begins …

GRYPHON CROSS UNIVERSITY

The Order of the Gryphon was founded during a war between humans and humanity, its members sworn to wipe out every last demon they could find. Due to their unwavering determination and their widespread knowledge of magic, they gained influence, rapidly.

However, centuries passed, the world changed and so did the order. When the wars came to end, the Knights of the Gryphon became Peacekeepers instead of Crusaders, only to intervene, when it was necessary. Their name changed to the Order of the Gryphon Cross and though they continued to train knights and magicians, the High King found other ways to deal with the demon’s menace.

Nowadays, the Orders Headquarters have become a university, where young men and women would learn the arcane arts and academics research the secrets of magic.

While the Order is still in high esteem, the magical combat they were famous for is just one of many subjects.

Research also includes all the other uses of magic, it’s development in history, all the different kinds and the languages it occurs in and the mythical beings that are able to make use of it …

Mushroom Cultivation.pngDormitory Room.pngShales Shop.png

CREATURES

While humans are the most common kind of intelligent life in their own world, there are several other beings that are able to speak and think in a rational way.

The Demons, the humans share their world with. A solitary race whose culture is said to be cruel and evil, though not much is known about them.

The Fairies, living on the floating rocks of the Feywild. They all have an innate gift for magic, are able to fly and take a highly spiritual and esoteric approach.

The creatures from the Spirit Realms, by some taken for the souls of the dead. They appear in strange forms, when entering our world, often as hybrids men and beast. Though they can perform unique magic tricks, they depend on the mana of their summoners, since they have no magic of their own.

The Gnomes, whose origin cannot be tracked, as they exist in the human world and the feywild as well. They divide in for species, each in control of a certain element and all of them appear to have a deep connection to nature – and a tendency to play tricks.

While those are the most famous races, the different worlds are populated by an innumerable amount of living creatures, some of them intelligent, some not, some just ordinary animals and others able to perform magic humanity will never be able to understand.

Attachments

• Lunees Hall.jpg
    Lunees Hall.jpg
    429.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

bjorn56

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks good, bro! I'll try the demo or game when it comes out.

coucassi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you!!
You will have to wait a bit though^^
The first demo is expexted to be ready at the end of the year.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Great concept and intro sequence!! Color me intrigued.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
your mapping is stunning, but in the last image "Lunees Hall",
there are shadows from the platform railing, but none on pilars behind?
or the npc's, are those still added later on?

I might try the demo out, your maps are really inspiring, hopefully the
story on it as well.

keep up the amazing work :)

coucassi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just added a Twitter link for those who'd be interested in more regular updates or helping to make the game known.
I hate social media work, but I suppose it has to be done x.x

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dont have twitter, I do have FB, but I dont do nothing with in,
the only one I use is discord or this forum =)

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The mapping in this game is phenomenal, its so breath taking. Even though some of the tiles are repurposed RTP tiles you did a good job repurposing them. Also the story sounds interesting.

coucassi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The mapping in this game is phenomenal, its so breath taking. Even though some of the tiles are repurposed RTP tiles you did a good job repurposing them. Also the story sounds interesting.
That's a huge compliment, thank you :) I will make sure not to disappoint, when the demo is finally finished.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So yesterday Dad took me to Volcano Bay, and it was almost ruined by a thunderstorm... then it passed by and the lightning warning got lifted, leading to an awesome time sliding and swimming. Hopefully we get to go to the arcade tonight. The one we're planning on has a restaurant built in with AWESOME food. Not to mention how big the arcade itself is!
image_2021-06-13_150033.png

Maybe I'll actually try making a retro pack. Already have the shark fin made so why not xD
Hey everyone, for everybody following along with my RPG Maker MZ streams: There will unfortunately not be a stream tonight. There is a big exciting event that will go live next week that has been taking all my time, so look forward to that!
Took a small break by playing VR. Latest update of these glasses unfortunately caused a little of trouble but it can be fixed with a manual operation.

Until You Fall is freaking awesome.
I am SO HYPED to share this trailer with everyone when its done. I almost want to tear up i had no idea how far i came along with Fallen Feather in these last 3 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corim