The Lonely Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
asd8.png

I will be updating this thread until I finish the game. As the title says, it’s a one map challenge, so I’m making the game with the following rules: One map, 10 variables, 10 switches and 10 events (including common).

Synopsis

In the city of Adventus there is a big arena where people from all over the world go to fight mortal battles. Some people fight for money and fame, some people fight to test their abilities, and some people fight for helping others.

Choose between two challengers, Aaron, the mountain warrior, or Nadine, the tundra princess. The goal of both main characters is to reach the top division of the Valiant Arena and beat the Ultimate Champion. Each one of them has personal reasons to do so.

- Form a powerful clan by recruiting up to 10 characters, each one with unique skills and fighting style.
- Upgrade all your equipments to make the arena battles easier.
- Enchant six types of relics for gaining amazing bonuses in battle.
- Embark in dangerous expeditions with your clan to find rare items and even more clan members.
- Manage your items and money with wisdom, for there are a limited number of battles your clan can participate in.

The city of Adventus

All game happens in this map, and there is 10 events with very specific roles:

Event 1: Sander, the town´s guard
He can send you to expeditions and arrange meetings with mercenaries who may join your clan.

Event 2: William, the armory owner
He can sell you basic weapons, helms, armors and boots.

Event 3: Bernard, the gifted blacksmith
He can upgrade your basic equipment for free. You only need to bring the right materials.

Event 4: Tatyana, the foreign seller
She can sell you magic seeds and can also sell you items with a special discount. This special offer is based on the clan’s current arena division. Seeds are items who raises permanently attributes such as strength and intellect.

Event 5: Belica, the skill master
She can teach new skills to your clan members for free. You only need to bring an inspiration seed (for learning basic skills) or an inspiration fruit (for learning ultimate skills). She can also show the attributes of all monsters you can fight in your current arena division.

Event 6: Blanca, the miraculous
She can save your game by using a magic scroll, revive a clan member by using a sacred cross, and cure all clan members from all negative status by a donation of 100 Zenary (the game currency).

Event 7: Thomas, the alchemist
He can sell you basic items such as potions and antidotes. He can also dismantle your equipment, allowing the player to get forging material in exchange to basic equipment, and trade upgrade elixirs for a bauxite ore.

Event 8: Esther, the antique shop owner
She can sell you all the basic relics and can also enchant those relics. An enchanted relic can give really nice bonuses to the clan members.

Event 9: Owen, the arena master
He is the responsible to arrange all your arena fights. Talk to him to fight monsters or to challenge the current division’s arena champion. You can fight against monsters 9 to 16 times in each division. After that, the crowd will demand you to challenge the champion, but you can choose to challenge the champion before that.

Event 10: The tavern
In the tavern you can meet mercenaries willing to join your clan, talk with a lot of NPCs, ask the tavern owner to mix your cure items making stronger ones, and meet the Batzo, the minstrel who can bless all your clan members for one day, giving them nice bonuses with his song. Here, the player will also be able to spend the night.

Some game mechanics
A lot of things in this game are optional. The main objective of the player is to reach the top division of the Valiant Arena by beating every division champion. There are 8 divisions: Wood, Stone, Cooper, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond. The player begins in the Wood Division, and in order to get promoted to the Stone Division, he must beat the Wood Division champion. The final objective is to beat the Diamond Division champion (also called Ultimate Champion). All the city features exists only to help the player to do so, but none of them are really necessary, especially in the easy difficulty level.

Speaking of that, there are three difficulty levels: Easy, Normal and INSANE. There are few differences between them, but the INSANE level is really brutal (and it´s meant to be). In easy mode the player starts with more money and more items. All the clan members starts with +3 in all attributes, +5 max mana and +20 max life. The arena battles rewards are also higher, and the division champions are nerfed. In the INSANE mode, the player starts with less money and less items. All the clan members starts with -3 in all attributes, -5 max mana and -20 max life. The arena battles rewards are also lower, and the division champions are buffed. Please note that this game uses low number in the battle formulas, so a single point in an attribute can does a lot of difference.

The Valiant Arena has two battle modes: Monster battles and champion battles. The player can only battle 3 times a day, and a max number of battles against monsters in each division (9 monster battles in Wood Division, 10 monster battles in Stone Division and so on, until 16 monster battles in Master Division). Once the player fights three times in a day, he must sleep at the Inn, to start a new day.

From the Stone Division forward, the player will be able to do expeditions, spending three days outside the city looking for treasures and secret items. There are four expedition destinations, with a lot of content in each one of them. As this is a one map game, the expeditions is only text oriented, with the player making decisions from time to time.

Being knocked down is a big deal in this game. There is only one item capable of revive a fallen clan member in battle, but there is no way to buy it and it is hard to find. When the player finishes a battle with one or more dead clan members, he will have to revive them with Blanca, the miraculous one, using a sacred cross. A dead ally must be revived at the same day he died, otherwise the death will be permanent and the clan member will be lost forever.

I think these are the main game mechanics, but there is a lot more to be discovered in game.

Main characters
There are 13 playable characters in this game, but the player’s clan can only have 10 members. Plus, if you choose one main character, the other will not participate in the game.

Aaron.png
Aaron, the mountain warrior

He is from the Azuka Mountain tribe, one of the many tribes who learned to live in the mountains centuries ago. Skilled with a sword, he came to Adventus in order to challenge the Valiant Arena and is determined to start out a clan and reach the top division, but his reasons for doing this are unknown. He seems to be hiding something about his past, and is a strong willed man.

Nadine.png
Nadine, the tundra princess

She is the princess of the Lorabia Kingdom. After her father died unexpectedly, some lords from the north have doubts if a young girl like her has what it takes to rule a kingdom as big as Lorabia. Some of these lords are willing to start a civil war over the throne, and Nadine wants to prevent it, so she proposed a deal: If she proves herself as a strong magic user and a worthy leader by defeating the Master Division champion, no lord will question her capabilities.

Screenshots

asd1.png asd3.png asd4.png asd5.png asd6.png

Download link

Conclusion

My idea with this game is doing what I call a “vertical game”: A game with a short length but a lot of content. With two main characters plus eleven other characters to recruit, and three difficulty levels, I want to make a game with a little replay value. I also wanted to use as few plugins as possible, and most of them are only for battle visuals. All the crafting mechanics, learning skills mechanics, arena mechanics, expedition mechanics and passing day mechanics was made only with the 10 variables and 10 switches available. But most of all, my idea with this game is doing a game that is fun to play.

Thanks for reading this thread. :)

Last edited:

SolonWise

The Lonely Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update in 07/05/2019
- I have changed the game name from "The Valiant Arena" to "The Mighty Clan";
- All games music are now chosen. @YouFulca , you are a true genius; :D
- All forging, enchantment and learning skills systems are now working properly;
- I am now using some MOG and Yanfly plugins to make the batlte screen looks better, but the damage formula and the battle itself is still simple as I intend to do from the begining;
- I have tested the game like 20 times from the begining, and I did the best I could to balance all the characters and enemies. I'm somewhat proud of the arena champions battles, as they are very challenging;
- I did A LOT of original battle animations for the characters and monsters skills;
- I did a simple weather system. Now, from time to time it will rain in the town;
- The first three arena divisions are working properly. I intend to release a demo when I finish the first four arena levels.

SolonWise

The Lonely Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update in 07/24/2019
- Added the first demo for download!;
- The first four arena divisions are now working in all difficulty levels;
- All expeditions destinations are fully functional;
- All learning skills, upgrading equipment and enchanting relics systems are working properly, hopefully, without bugs;
- I tested the game at least 10 times from start to end, always using different characters and different strategies in battles to balance the game the better I could;
- I recolored a lot of monsters to make the game look more unique;
- I added a lot of NPC dialogues. Now, every NPC talk about something different depending on your arena division.

If you download my game, I hope you enjoy it! :D

SolonWise

The Lonely Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update in 07/26/2019
Hello guys. A good friend of mine pointed out some grammatical errors I made in the game, so I fixed it and uploaded a better version of the demo. Maybe there are still some grammatical errors within the project and I will do my best to correct them as well in the future.

There is nothing wrong with the gameplay itself, so I hope you have fun playing.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

unnamed_image.jpg
SOMEONE'S SINGLE! HE DOES LIKE LONG WALKS IN THE IN THE SHADOWS AND THE SMELL OF DECAY. SADLY, HE HAS NO NUMBER TO NOTE OF BECAUSE HE HAS NO USE FOR A PHONE, BECUASE SUMMONING WORKS MUCH BETTER AND DOES NOT COME WITH AN ITEMISED BILL. REMEMBER TO TREAT HIM GOOD ON THE FIRST DATE!
I just found out that MZ regional price on Steam in my place is much cheaper than MV.
Our water started to work again, now i don't have to fill up our toilet with water again.
Finally able to return to work after months of lockdown. My poor feet are hurting :( I need to get used to working again haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flortus