The Most Important Question: Vanilla Coke (The official be a little bit silly thread)

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Touchfuzzy, Sep 9, 2012.

?

What is Vanilla Coke?

1. Heaven's Elixer

170 vote(s)
    57.0%
  2. Hellsludge

128 vote(s)
    43.0%
  1. Sauteed_Onion

Sauteed_Onion Mmm Tasty Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @OP, You are disgusting!
    The real question is cinnamon sugar oatmeal? Or biscuits and gravy cereal..

VertigoAffliction likes this.
  2. Linhtendo

Linhtendo □_ヾ(・_・ ) Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Never tasted it actually... But a friend of mine loves it xD

3. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    The gravy cereal or the vanilla coke?

Sauteed_Onion likes this.
  4. Sauteed_Onion

Sauteed_Onion Mmm Tasty Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Gravy Cola.

Marquise* likes this.
  5. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    *facepalms* XD Worst part is that I saw I think worst so it would almost NOT surprise me! Think of trout wine. -_-;

Sauteed_Onion likes this.
  6. VertigoAffliction

VertigoAffliction I can still play these older games like a champ. Veteran

First Language:
    ESL (English)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Sauteed_Onion :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:
    'Biscuits and Gravy Cereal'! I am so going to spread that around.

As for the OP, the 'gorilla' (lol), Vanilla Coke, and Coca-Cola in general is absolutely gross. A friend of mine calls it 'Croaka-Cola', and I don't blame her (though she's a silly one herself).

Actually, I'm not too fond of soda in general, though Pepsi, root beer or Schweppe's ginger ale is fine every now and then.
    If I want caffeine, I've coffee and plenty of chocolate. Usually.
    (Finances are slowly getting better as I start to have to see my doctors less and less often so I have more money for food...)

@Marquise* Trout wine? I think Southeastern Asia has you beat there (unless I read the Korean incorrectly).

Speaking of wine, I'd rather have a glass of red wine over soda any day.

Gabrelik, Marquise* and Sauteed_Onion like this.
  7. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    @VertigoAffliction recently I got to that same grocery and that Kelp wine, Trout wine and Salmon wine has disappeared. I was wondering if peoples realized... Sadly enough... There was a full fresh seafood section and... o_O Well the section didn't vanish but in my angle, the fish did! *insert twilight zone music*

8. Ryisunique

Ryisunique Detective, AUEI Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    When I can get my hands on it, it's good. Usually the Zero variant one, though.

I really like mixing a craft root beer or the Black Cherry Cream soda in with my diet Pepsi. All fountain types.

Marquise* and VertigoAffliction like this.
  9. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I still remember when I went to a picnic and the person in charge of drinks brought some really off brand flavor of Dr. Pepper. I think it was diet vanilla strawberry something something Dr. Pepper. It was disgusting. In fact it was so bad I drove off to the nearby gas station to buy a Coke just because I needed something real to drink.

Also I managed to get a picture of one of my friends right as she took a drink of it...that picture still reminds us of that picnic to this day over 10 years later.

10. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Kelp and trout wine...I bet that'd be pretty good for making seafood stock. Don't know about much else.
    @bgillisp Your story is hilarious. I think the only soda I've found that repulsive is Mountain Dew and all its copycats. They're all too thick and sweet for me. I mean...it's ALL sweet and thick but those are next level.

Personally, I try to stick to green tea, black coffee, and seltzer for daily life. Though, I'm trying to cut down on all non-water beverages because I fancy the idea of having teeth. If I'm out I'll get a Coke Zero. That's the poison I pick, anyway. I know it's rubbish, too. Regular soda is so syrupy that I just physically can't stand it.

11. VertigoAffliction

First Language:
    ESL (English)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Ms Littlefish I can't stand most soda myself, but diet soda tastes like fountain soda without the fizz to me. Yuck. lol

Ms Littlefish likes this.
  12. Ms Littlefish

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @VertigoAffliction Some are definitely fizzier than others, but most are also pretty gross. For me, diet Dr. Pepper and Coke Zero are the only two I really enjoy. Seltzer is my favorite because it's fizz I love, not the sweet so much. The most fizzy lemon-lime seltzer is a local South Florida brand and I don't live there anymore! Kroger's store brand is the second most fizzy, IMO. When I'm down to visit Florida I go to Publix and really treat myself to the super tickly stuff. :D

13. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I looked it up as I was curious. I think it was Diet Cherry Chocolate Dr. Pepper.

14. Ms Littlefish

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That is WAY too much stuff going on in a single soda. Bleck!

15. Zebestian

Zebestian Noisemaker Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm with @Ms Littlefish here. A good, classic Dr Pepper is all I need to be beverage-happy (we don't get the diet ones here, sadly). A shame I don't have them a lot because they're stupidly expensive here. I don't want too many things in my sodas. Vanilla Coke is fine. One added flavour is enough for me. No need for stupidly crazy aroma adventures that make your taste buds go dizzy. :kaoback:

16. VertigoAffliction

First Language:
    ESL (English)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I've had that Chocolate Cherry Dr.Pepper. I immediately went for a glass of wine afterwards.
    (One of those times where I was profusely vulgar offline because there are no 'clean' words to describe how disgusting it was.)

I'm not even that fond of just plain Dr.Pepper (It's okay but there's better); I'd rather drink just about any soda over most beer though (I don't mind a few select beers but the majority of them are just gross to me); I would kick back a Rock or two with the AVGN if I ever had the chance.

Most hard liquors, are meh to me, though I can appreciate vodka and rum, to a degree. In the right (or wrong) state of mind, I can do a bit of scotch, but that's as hardcore as I get. But it is rare if I drink any alcoholic beverage without a meal, and for good reason.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  17. Zebestian

Zebestian Noisemaker Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'd be a shoddy German if I didn't like beer, although there's certain kinds that I find too bitter. I do enjoy a good wine and the occasional mead, too. When it comes to hard stuff I'm about the same as you. And always have a meal to go with it!

I also like to "spice up" my coffee or tea occasionally. But that's more a winter thing. Gotta be careful with heated alcohol though! :D

18. Ms Littlefish

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I like red wine but red wine doesn't like me. I still like white when they're not too sweet! Beers, I'll do ales mostly, especially red ones. I don't mind some hops but there's definitely a point where it gets too bitter. Gin and whiskey are my liquors of choice. I actually rather dislike vodka. That said, I don't drink an awful lot because of my vestibular migraines. I also seem sensitive to it in other ways, physiologically. I'll have as little as one drink and often feel like my heart is leaping out of my chest. Strange, because it's a CNS depressant!

19. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    @bgillisp Wooooooooo.... At first I thought it was a regional thingy (drinks and chips taste very different from one side to the other of the border), but I read Diet first and I thought uh-oh troubles as it usually translates bad with flavor. But Chocolate & Cherry added to a 32 blend of ingredients? Uuh? It is already hard to keep such complicated blend together but replace the sugar with plastic and dump it two flavors you hope to perfume the taste prominently with and... o_O eeeesh!

20. VertigoAffliction

First Language:
    ESL (English)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Zebestian I've had mulled mead; had plenty of that when I was visiting a friend of mine in Wales. It's okay, not something I'd drink everyday or even more than once in a while (kinda heavy to me). No kidding about heated alcohol though. Certain types can incinerate just by being heated to a mere 140 degrees F! (Now tell me you wanna use that in your fuel tank.)

@Ms Littlefish That sounds like arrhythmia if I've ever heard of it. But I've never really heard of alcohol being a direct cause.
    I get migraines too, but I usually find that a glass of wine and/or a warm shower helps. More often than not, dealing with aerial pollutants triggers them (I avoid places where tobacco smoke can be thick for this reason-I'm also allergic).
    I enjoy most wines, but I grew up with red wine.

Oh, this 'Coke and Rum' thing? Gross.