Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Layer1.png
WHAT IS OATH OF THE UNDYING:

Oath is my dream of putting Diablo, Final Fantasy, Game of Thrones, Dark Souls and Celtic Mythology into one giant melting pot, melting it down (thats what melting pots are for afterwards) and pulling out something new, mangled dark yet fun.

In reality though its a dark 2.5d isometric rpg with a battle system that sits somewhere between and ABS and an ATB.

THE WORLD OF UNDYING:
Set during yet another war for the throne, the world of Undying is a fantastical yet brutal Celtic/medieval world full to the brim with hostile monsters, dangerous dungeons and all kinds of shady characters.

Undying has been summoned forth to fight on the side of the current ruler known simply as the Serpent. The challenger to her throne is from none other than her siblings, her sister and fierce warrior The Boar, her eldest brother and schemer The Rat. But The Serpents quest for power demands all her siblings be eliminated including her youngest siblings, the long missing and unseen Dove and Deer.

Last edited:

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks pretty cool. Kinda Dark Souls and Planescape: Torment concept-wise, yes? The only thing I don't like are the giant rats, I can't stand them in a game. Or maybe only in a game where everybody is a giant rat. :biggrin:

padr81

Guy whose game is taking too long.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Looks pretty cool. Kinda Dark Souls and Planescape: Torment concept-wise, yes? The only thing I don't like are the giant rats, I can't stand them in a game. Or maybe only in a game where everybody is a giant rat. :biggrin:
The giant rats are only really placeholders for now, until I get all variations of enemy built. There will be a few normal sized rats. I'm going for a Dark Souls like setting with more a Diablo 2 style mechanic than Planescape if I'm honest.

Kissa

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice sprites and backgrounds.

Is he "the undying" to fit into the story the gameplay mechanic that we, the player, never actually die and always comes back? (I like when gameplay mechanics are explained into the lore).

padr81

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Nice sprites and backgrounds.

Is he "the undying" to fit into the story the gameplay mechanic that we, the player, never actually die and always comes back? (I like when gameplay mechanics are explained into the lore).
Nailed it. I was wondering if anyone would notice. To him when he dies the world resets to shortly before and hes forced to repeat, like that crappy Tom cruise movie, only hopefully better.

padr81

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A

Last edited:

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is starting to look really nice! Nice work! :yhappy:

padr81

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A

Last edited:

padr81

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Deleted.

Last edited:

padr81

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Early WIP walking behind walls and through rooms. Quick idea of how it will work, not yet perfected but the general idea is there.

padr81

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Deleted

Last edited:

padr81

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Deleted

Last edited:

charlottezxz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks very promising and the art style gives nostalgia vibes. Diablo sort of feeling! Keep up the good work my dude! Only thing I can suggest is later down the line, I imagine you will anyway, replace the default SFX and bubbles with assets more thematic with your style.

padr81

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
This looks very promising and the art style gives nostalgia vibes. Diablo sort of feeling! Keep up the good work my dude! Only thing I can suggest is later down the line, I imagine you will anyway, replace the default SFX and bubbles with assets more thematic with your style.
thanks dude, yup I will 100% be replacing message boxes and sfx. Once the core programming is done I'll have more time to work on those.

EuphemiaArtoria

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really like the music in the 6 month trailer, I think that really gets over a kind of actiony grungy mood that feels just right. The dashing around and fast paced combat in the trailer looks very fun. There are several things in this project that I've never seen done before in RPG Maker!

If you don't mind me asking, how are the maps made? I've never seen an isometric map in RPG Maker, are you using regular tiles or some sort of parallax mapping? Some of the environments, particularly the outdoor ones, don't look tiled or tessellated, is that achieved through widgets or what? It's all very impressive.

I checked out your last project, Remnants of Ardrus a little, and I must say, I think the graphical style of this game is a much better match to your writing.

padr81

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
@EuphemiaArtoria
parallax mapping and doodads combined for the maps, the assets are by pv games. You can find him hiding out in the graphics section of the resources forum. I have tutorials on how exactly I do the maps on youtube if you're interested.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Curious how you got the enemies to move diagonally at (seemingly) random.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Did I add too many?? Is there such a thing?

Rabbit's Shop I've been reworking. Still some dated graphics but 99% satisfied I think.:kaophew:
Traps, detecting traps, and disarming traps including treasure traps have now been implemented into my Might and Magic-inspired project. If you don't want to get hurt, you better have a character who focuses on the perception skill, and you better have a character who focuses on the disarm skill!

Done tinkering a project idea for MZ, time to make a little document and wait for the release... :kaoswt:
Tileset Center... anybody wonder what that is in Visustella's latest video?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawnfox06