padr81

Guy whose game is taking too long.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Curious how you got the enemies to move diagonally at (seemingly) random.
their movement is just set to random with qmovement and qspirte.

awkaiyoki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That's really well done, looks like you've gone from the ground up on this one. I really see this being a great game, great job.

padr81

Guy whose game is taking too long.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Latest Update, Select Demo Release:
Pulled from Itch.io: https://padr81.itch.io/oath-of-the-undying/devlog/125948/finally-a-demo

So guys, I finally got a basic alpha demo up and running but its far from ideal.

Its basically a 30 minute tech demo.

Key's are available on request to a select few, so drop me a message if interested.

So What is in the Demo:

30-40 minutes of game play. 1st draft writing with many, many typos. Some control information is not up to date, but upon giving you the key to the game I will explain the little differences. For the benefit of those using controllers I had to enlarge the hitbox on soul shot temporarily. This decreases difficulty but doesn't quite look great as of yet.

Early alpha means early alpha, expect the game to break a hell of a lot. It is what its says on the tin.

Is this demo for me?

Do you like to break games? Find bugs? Do you mind playing 30 minutes into a game and then some stupid bug locking it up and ruining your fun? If your answers are Yes, Yes, No. Then this is for you.

If your answers are different then you answer is "This game is for you, but this current alpha is not yet at a state you'll enjoy".

No new video so here's the new temporary title screen.Capture.png

Guld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Gave this game a full run through today.

Already mentioned my suggestions, and @padr81 is already looking into implementing improvements.
The input response, and hitboxes were surprisingly good.
I had no idea you could get something like this out of MV.
Keep up the great work, Padr! Looking forward to seeing more from the project in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Making it a rule that I don't do any world building for my new game before the actual gameplay is concrete and working. I have 16 years of lore to work with anyway.
Cheesy power metal makes everything better. No matter what you do, you'll feel heroic doing it.
Starting to really like the first of my madness areas. I think the eyes looking at them really helps to sell the place. :LZSexcite:
Made idle animation for character. It first had only three frames but looked too different from walking animation and I had to draw five more.
MV and VX Ace both have good qualities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miinthe