TrentL111

Archmage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TrentL111 If you're using Visustella plugins, I don't think you need a whole other plugin just to adjust the Balloon height.

I've found this yesterday:
View attachment 168100

In the EventsMoveCore parameters, under "Visustella 8-Dir Settings" there appear to be an option to adjust balloon height.

I hop this helps.
I tried that, even set it to something ridiculous like +1000 and the balloon was still in the same spot.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello! I'm trying to wrap my head around the custom targetting with the <JS Targets> notetags.

My goal is to recreate the Thief's Revenge skill Tips and Trick found below:

Code:
// Target Core
// Calculates the total hits when scaled off AGI.

<Custom Target Eval>
// Formula to calculate the number of hits achieved.
var hits = Math.floor(user.agi / 34);
// Set a minimum of 1 hit and a maximum of 5 hits.
hits = hits.clamp(1, 5);
// Create the variable needed to keep track of damage dealt.
this._totalThiefDamage = 0;
// Create the variable needed to keep track of current hits.
this._currentThiefHits = 0;
// Create the variable needed to keep track of total hits.
this._totalThiefHits = hits;
// Create a loop that adds the target for the skill.
while (hits--) {
  // Add the target into the valid targets pool.
  targets.push(target);
}
</Custom Target Eval>

// Selection Control
// If using Selection Control, this will make the skill a melee skill.

<Select Conditions>
Front Row Only
</Select Conditions>

// Skill Core

<After Eval>
// Get the hit results of the target.
var result = target.result();
// Check if the current hit has connected.
if (result.isHit()) {
  // Increase the total damage dealt.
  this._totalThiefDamage += result.hpDamage;
}
// Increase the current hit count.
this._currentThiefHits += 1;
// Check if the current hit count has reached the total hit count.
if (this._currentThiefHits >= this._totalThiefHits) {
  // The rate of how much damage will be healed for the user.
  var rate = 0.30;
  // Calculate the heal value.
  var heal = Math.ceil(this._totalThiefDamage * rate);
  // Set Variable 1 to contain the heal amount.
  $gameVariables.setValue(1, heal);
}
</After Eval>

The issue I found is when I adapted the code I found that my skill, which has a scope of 1 enemy for whatever reasons returns empty, doesn't pull from the selected enemy. So trying to understand what I am doing wrong, not sure if this is a bug or a misunderstanding.

Code can be found below:

Code:
<JS Targets>

const targetId = Math.randomInt($gameTroop.aliveMembers().length);
 const target = $gameTroop.aliveMembers()[targetId];

let hits = Math.floor(user.agi / 34);
hits = hits.clamp(1,5);
this._totalThiefDamage = 0;
this._currentThiefHits = 0;
this._totalThiefHits = hits;
console.log(targets); //returns empty no targets.
while (hits--){
   targets.push(targets);
}
</JS Targets>

<JS Pre-End Action>
if (result.isHit()){
  this._totalThiefDamage += result.hpDamage;
}
this._currentThiefHits += 1;
if (this._currentThiefHits >= this._totalThiefHits) {
  var rate = 0.30;
  var heal = Math.ceil(this._totalThiefDamage * rate);
  if (target.isStateAffected(134)) heal = -heal;
  if (user.states().includes($dataStates[87])){
   //Adrenaline Rush
   $gameSwitches['_data'][3] = true;
  }
}
</JS Pre-End Action>

EDIT: SOLVED added a manual target to this one, will leave it here for those who want to use it!

Last edited:

TrentL111

Archmage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For STB mode, enemies use the Instant Use skills as if they're normal skills, IE they'll use them and end their turn thereafter. It works fine for the heroes, though. This isn't a problem in ATB mode, however, and the enemies are able to act immediately after using skills tagged with 100% ATB After.

Additionally, does anyone know if there is a way to play an animation during the cast bar filling for the ATB battle system? It would be really cool to have a dramatic visual queue that the enemies are preparing their spells.

Last edited:

GM-NUN

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I wanted to create a state that each stack of jelly decrease the enemies ATK by 12%
is there a way I can do that? , because the code below didn‘t work !

<JS On Add State>

target._jelly = target._jelly || 0;

target._jelly +=1;

target.setStateDisplay(39, target._jelly );

</JS On Add State>

<JS Parameters>

ATK = user.paramBase(2) * 0.12 * target._jelly;

</JS Parameters>

Reinarc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So I am using a lot of Yanfly plugins (core, battle, and party system for the purpose of this post). I used the Battle Core to offset my battlers a bit to fit my battlebacks (I adjusted the Y OffSet in Battle Core).

But, when I use the Party plugin to swap members in combat, it's not swapping in the new party member to the new offset position. So I'm ending up with weird positioning like this. I'm thinking it may be an easy code change, so I thought I'd ask.

forumpost.jpg

swillansky

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have a handful of custom passive states I've been working on. I figured I'd post all of them. I haven't scripted all of them yet, but I have a strong grasp on a few of them.

Needs help

• Anger Issues - Raises attack by 1-2% (needs balancing) each time attacked
    • Thinking I can accomplish this through LifeStatesSkills Core, but effectively I'd like this increase to trigger each time any damage is taken, if HP lost > 0. If hit three times, that is 1.02*1.02*1.02, etc.
  • Craftiness - Halves MP cost when afflicted with a negative state
    • No issue with the trigger conditions, but wondering if there's a simple command to affect MP costs.
  • Curious Energy - Chance to inflict negative status effect when attacked
    • Probably the same trigger as Anger Issues, simple from there with just a random Int providing the chance.
Decent Grasp on It, But Am I In The Right Direction?

• Flashes of Stardom - 1% chance of raising all stats at the end of each turn
    • Planning on accomplishing with Random Int providing chance, then putting a 2-3 turn cool down state, then reverting back to random chance state again.
  • Magic Thief - Absorbs MP when using basic attack
    • Probably just going to replace basic attack with an identical attack that absorbs MP when afflicted with this condition
Feeling Confident

• Hale & Healthy - Reduces damage received when health is full
    • Simple condition, if current HP = max HP, I'll probably just apply Def Up and MDef Up states.
If I could get either help or confirmation on any of these, I would greatly, greatly appreciate it! I'm using the VisuStella plugins, CTB battle system and that's all.

Galahad

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@mmiller9280

I literally solved this problem by accident last night. I had the same issue until I updated my offsets (after party swap was already on) and the battlers updated to the new positions. Maybe the order in which you set offsets and turn on/turn off party swapping matters?

I'm no coder (its all gobbledygook to me) so this may or not solve your issue. Simple test... try changing the offsets again to something else and then see if the problem persists.

cchmaster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello friends, I have a problem here.

Weapon Animation doesn't work during action sequence?

When I use normal attack, it works perfectly, showing my custom weapon. However, during an action sequence, the weapon shown becomes the original one.

I've run a new project and Visustella's sample project to test this. Both result the same thing. Weapon Animation seems not working in action sequence.

I think I saw a gif with custom weapon shown in action sequence on Weapon Animation's official page, but it seems to be removed.

Did I miss something or this function is just not implemented yet?

cchmaster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ive read through all 8 pages, and was unable to find any of this, so please:
1) Action sequence to simply change first person enemy battlers image for attacks, getting hit (if they are differ drastically). I.e. if the enemy use skill X, change enemy image to Z for this attack, then change it back to default
2) Action sequence to signal that on the next turn enemy gonna use some STRONG skil, maybe message on screen, or change to enemy image is also good
3) enflame, i.e. add element X damage to all attacks as a state, also this damage is reduced by appropriate elemental resistance.
4) While using skill to damage enemy, user himself gets some state effect, would love to make "damage enemy + increase your own agility"
Thank you in advance, much appreciated!

I saw no one answering yet, and I couldn't give you solution, either, but I might have some direction for you.

1. I've read about that your actor can transform into a different shape/actor to do an attack, and transfrom back after the attack is finished. Not sure how it's done, but you might want to check that, since it's like what you described above.

2. As I've learned, it can't be done with AS, unless with javascript code. However, I think you can do it in a different way. Simply make the skill take two turns to excute. First turn shows the signal, and second turn do the damage. Like dragoon jump from final fantasy. You don't need AS.

As for 3 and 4, other experienced maker on the forum should be able to help you. I'm too new so far.

Reinarc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@mmiller9280

I literally solved this problem by accident last night. I had the same issue until I updated my offsets (after party swap was already on) and the battlers updated to the new positions. Maybe the order in which you set offsets and turn on/turn off party swapping matters?

I'm no coder (its all gobbledygook to me) so this may or not solve your issue. Simple test... try changing the offsets again to something else and then see if the problem persists.

It might have been a plugin update, I also noticed it is now working. Hooray!

swillansky

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi sorry for the (close to) double posting, but had an issue that was much easier for me in MV that I've been grappling with in MZ with the current plugins.

The goal? Make a series of skills that are "equipable" with the cost of SP. When the skill is equipped (as a type of armor called a Badge), the actor loses SP, when it is unequipped, the SP is returned to the actor. All badges are universal and compatible with all actors, SP is not shared between actors.

So it requires elements of the Skill Learn Core for the SP generation and SP note tags, but also a bit of Item Equip Core. Can these two be combined as such? Is there a basic workaround here that I'm not seeing? Or is this not possible in the current framework?

Riku_Masamune

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Making unique equipment:

In Yep Equip core it was something like this:

Code:
<Equip Requirement>
class: X or user: x
</Equip Requirement>

<Equip Slot>
Acessory 1
Acessory 2
</Equip Slot>

But for the VisusSellaMZ version I can't seem to find the proper notetag. Was there ever one? I bought the whole bundle in hoping one of them would help with this particular problem. I've even tried to look around for the answer too. Thanks in advanced.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Does anyone know off-hand what the function for adding barriers to a player outside of notetags?

Trying to recreate the Spirit Shell effect from Tips and Tricks :

"The Spirit Shell ability from the World of WarCraft allows a Priest to convert his/her heals into barriers while the Spirit Shell state is active!"

Code:
<JS Pre-Damage as User>
if (this.isHpEffect() && this.isSkill() && value < 0) {
  var turns = 3;
  var rate = 1.00;
  var barrier = Math.floor(value * rate * -1);
  target.gainBarrier(barrier, turns); //This throws an error. But looking for an Absorb Barrier
  value += barrier;
}
</JS Pre-Damage as User>

<JS Post-Damage as User>
if (result.hpDamage === 0) {
  result.hpAffected = false;
}
</JS Post-Damage as User>

Another question I had personally is the use of forceActions, I know the code layout has changed such that force actions work differently, In MV, i could use a Jump Skill to land before my actual "next" turn starts, but now in MZ, it makes it so I Land on my next turn.

Would love some suggestions on how to solve this, or so I get a better understanding! I also am working on making the Doublecast Tips and Tricks as well.

"Final Fantasy 5’s Red Mage class is famously known for its ability to double cast magic. However, from Tips & Tricks Lunatic Mode alone, we cannot change the mechanic where you can select two spells to cast. Instead, what we can do is make it possible that the spell you’ve selected will cast twice! Here’s how you can do it in RPG Maker MV!"

Code:
<Custom Action Start Effect>
// If a chained action is stored...
if ($gameTemp._chainAction === undefined) {
  // ...then set the action to the user's current action.
  $gameTemp._chainAction = user.currentAction();
} else {
  // ...then clear the stored action.
  $gameTemp._chainAction = undefined;
}
</Custom Action Start Effect>

<Custom Action End Effect>
if ($gameTemp._chainAction) {
  // Set the 'action' variable to the chained action.
  var action = $gameTemp._chainAction;
  // Check if the action exists, is a skill, and is a magical attack.
  if (action && action.isSkill() && action.isMagical()) {
    // Get the skill used for that action.
    var skill = action.item();
    // Check if the user can pay the skill cost.
    if (user.canPaySkillCost(skill)) {
      // Check if the battle system is DTB.
      if (BattleManager.isDTB()) {
        // If it is, add the action to queue.
        user.setAction(0, action);
      // If the battle system isn't DTB...
      } else {
        // ...make it a forced forced.
        BattleManager.queueForceAction(user, skill.id, -2);
      }
    }
  }
}
</Custom Action End Effect>

<Custom Remove Effect>
// Clear the chained action effect.
</Custom Remove Effect>

Making unique equipment:

In Yep Equip core it was something like this:

Code:
<Equip Requirement>
class: X or user: x
</Equip Requirement>

<Equip Slot>
Acessory 1
Acessory 2
</Equip Slot>

But for the VisusSellaMZ version I can't seem to find the proper notetag. Was there ever one? I bought the whole bundle in hoping one of them would help with this particular problem. I've even tried to look around for the answer too. Thanks in advanced.

I don't think it was really implement yet. :o im waiting for the Job system one too! :D

Hi sorry for the (close to) double posting, but had an issue that was much easier for me in MV that I've been grappling with in MZ with the current plugins.

The goal? Make a series of skills that are "equipable" with the cost of SP. When the skill is equipped (as a type of armor called a Badge), the actor loses SP, when it is unequipped, the SP is returned to the actor. All badges are universal and compatible with all actors, SP is not shared between actors.

So it requires elements of the Skill Learn Core for the SP generation and SP note tags, but also a bit of Item Equip Core. Can these two be combined as such? Is there a basic workaround here that I'm not seeing? Or is this not possible in the current framework?

Sounds like you are waiting for the Equip Skills plugin to be ported. Big same. :( I don't think there is a way to do that quite yet. Ill try to do some research

Last edited:

Riku_Masamune

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't think it was really implement yet. :o im waiting for the Job system one too! :D

Thanks for the reply, hope the team adds it in eventually (no pressure on them, I know how hard it being a small team and trying to make everyone else happy at the same time)
:rtea:

EverNoir

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi, I'm trying to figure out all correct variable names for the different parameters (str,agi,luck, mdef, etc.) so I can make some DOT and HOT skills or as its called here, SLIP skills.

i know some of the parameters but I don't know the rest. If someone could help out with a list or a link to a resource with this information I would appreciate it. Thank you!

Here is an example of what I'm doing and what I want the parameters for

<JS HP Slip Damage>

damage = Math.floor(user.atk * 2) + 100 - (target.def * 2);

</JS HP Slip Damage>

Edit: Using RMMZ btw!

Riku_Masamune

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So, while importing my skills... I noticed I need for my Red Mage character, Dual Cast (Double Cast) but was wondering if this MV stylized script call would still work in MZ, but I guess through common events now? As that is the battle plugin and for action sequences...

This is the code in MV

Code:
} else {
}

} else {
      }
    }
  }
}

<Custom Remove Effect>
</Custom Remove Effect>

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So, while importing my skills... I noticed I need for my Red Mage character, Dual Cast (Double Cast) but was wondering if this MV stylized script call would still work in MZ, but I guess through common events now? As that is the battle plugin and for action sequences...

This is the code in MV

Code:
} else {
}

} else {
      }
    }
  }
}

<Custom Remove Effect>
</Custom Remove Effect>

Hi there! I recently had this question too and I actually got it to work, it does involve having a common event tied to all magic skills you want double cast to affect. (Thanks for that! I tried the same concept with the Jump skill but it's not as easy!)

Code:
<JS Pre-Start Action>
const weapons = user.weapons();
const wtypeId = weapons[0] ? weapons[0].wtypeId : 0;
const attackMotion = $dataSystem.attackMotions[wtypeId].type;
if (attackMotion !== 2){
  $gameSwitches['_data'][2] = true;
}else {
  $gameSwitches['_data'][2] = false;
}
//Actor Info for Passive Activations in Action Sequences
$gameVariables['_data'][3] = user.name();
$gameVariables['_data'][4] = user._actorId;
</JS Pre-Start Action>

Code:
<JS Pre-Start Action>
} else {
}
</JS Pre-Start Action>

<JS Pre-End Action>
  const chainAction = $gameTemp._chainAction;
  if (chainAction && chainAction.isSkill() && chainAction.isMagical()) {
        user.setAction(0, chainAction);
      } else {
      //Used in the Action Sequence, Giving a Battle Log Notification
        $gameSwitches['_data'][3] = true;
        user.forceAction(skill.id,-2);
        BattleManager.forceAction(user);
      }

}
}
</JS Pre-End Action>

I just made a generic magic spell and have it attached to all offensive spells so there's that! :D
1608081426783.png
1608081327886.png

1608081135380.png
1608081170090.png

Hope this helps! :D

Attachments

• 1608081086363.png
    1608081086363.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 8

Riku_Masamune

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you, I will test this out when I have time.

WilsonE7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I was wondering if there's a way to create Dual Techs using notetags from the Skills/States Core. What that would mean is:
1. Certain actors would need to be in the party
2. The skill would draw on both actors' resources (MP, TP, etc.)
3. Whichever actor initiates the skill, the other(s) involved would lose their next action.
4. Use stats of multiple actors (probably not possible, but throwing it in here nonetheless)
Anyone have any ideas how this could be done? I could potentially think of having a skill that's enabled if certain actors are in the party (using <JS Skill Enable>) and then having it apply states to certain actors that cause them to miss their next turn and lose the required amount of MP/TP.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you, I will test this out when I have time.

Yo! Actually after further testing the common event is only needed if you want to have that message pop up to let the player know the double cast worked.

I was wondering if there's a way to create Dual Techs using notetags from the Skills/States Core. What that would mean is:
1. Certain actors would need to be in the party
2. The skill would draw on both actors' resources (MP, TP, etc.)
3. Whichever actor initiates the skill, the other(s) involved would lose their next action.
4. Use stats of multiple actors (probably not possible, but throwing it in here nonetheless)
Anyone have any ideas how this could be done? I could potentially think of having a skill that's enabled if certain actors are in the party (using <JS Skill Enable>) and then having it apply states to certain actors that cause them to miss their next turn and lose the required amount of MP/TP.

Yeah there is a way to do this! You are on the right track! I did something similar with a Necromancer class (only targeting Zombies)

Your first step is to put the Dual Tech Skills is to make the <JS Enable>

Code:
<JS Skill Enable>
let inBattle = false;
const allies = user.friendsUnit().aliveMembers();
for (var i = 0; i < allies.length; ++i) {
    var ally = allies[i];
    if (ally.actorId() === MEMBERID && user.actorId() === USERID){
       inBattle = true;
    }
}
enabled = inBattle;
</JS Skill Enable>

Code:
For TP:
<JS TP Cost>
cost = COST;
    var ally = allies[i];
       inBattle = true;
       ally.gainTP(-cost);
    }
}
</JS TP Cost>

For MP:
<JS MP Cost>
cost = COST;
    var ally = allies[i];
       ally.gainMP(-cost);
    }
}
</JS MP Cost>

Code:
<JS Pre-Start Action>
var stateId = 13; //Cannot Move state, change to fit your game.
    var ally = allies[i];
       ally.addState(stateId);
       var index = allies.indexOf(ally);
       $gameVariables.setValue(1,index); //Used in Action Sequence to grab the specific actor to use the attack.
    }
}
</JS Pre-Start Action>

So this one is a bit more complicated but we can see what we can do here:

1608358092908.png
1608358121048.png
1608358146743.png
1608358174876.png
1608358194126.png
1608358215479.png
1608358238254.png
1608358311391.png
1608358328788.png
1608359118651.png

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"Everything tastes like chicken until it's chicken, then it doesn't taste like chicken."
Context: chicken samosas do not taste like chicken. I thought it was veggie samosas.
Just another ordinary evening.
This pig girl is a merchant and playable character.
Currently there's no name for her yet. a suggestion is welcomed.
Merchant.jpg
Merchant-1.jpg
Want for a Nail: I'm trying to figure out what controllers work with MZ, one support thread, a plugin request thread, a dead controller, and a $48 eBay purchase, and a PS1/PS2 USB adapter later. Still stuck with keyboard controls...
RPG Maker Games Critique with Studio Blue: Dying Flame stream starts now! Will we be able to escape the mansion with only the small flame of a lighter to guide our way? Find out live!

Moving day is on May 12! A month from today! I'm finally getting my own apartment!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ironsonic79