The official VisuStella notetag help thread

Austrian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Trihan I figured it out. I guess to get the Battle actors to do comply with the skill conditions, I first have to create an enemy and set the same skills on the enemy and then reference the actor's class to that enemy.

Make sense.

Archon126

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello

I have a Question to the Core_Plugin

You can create custom parameters within the core_plugin.
For example I could create Strenght or Dexterity and use str and dex for formulars.

I was able to make them show up in other plugins and also to make them being used in skill formulars.

But how can you let items or skills give a bonus to custom parameters?
How can you let the custom parameters grow with level ups and/or classes?

I tried to use the <param Plus: +x> notetag, but that only seems to work with the basic parameters.

Thanks for any help :)

jkweath

Goes Fast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Trihan, if you're still around, I wanted to ask a question about a Passive state I set up with a passive condition:

<JS Passive Condition> if (user.hp / user.mhp >= 0.9) { condition = true; } else { condition = false; } </JS Passive Condition>

So this code actually works. The problem is that hovering over the equipment that has this passive state in the Item or Equip menus causes a massive lagspike (the game freezes for 2-4 seconds). Did I do something wrong with how I structured the code or is this lagspike just supposed to happen due to the calculations?

Oxem

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hi there, im trying to hide states (icons) in battle only, previously on mv there was a great notetag know as <Hide in battle>. Does this function still exist with a different notetag ?

Weremole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Hello

I have a Question to the Core_Plugin

You can create custom parameters within the core_plugin.
For example I could create Strenght or Dexterity and use str and dex for formulars.

I was able to make them show up in other plugins and also to make them being used in skill formulars.

But how can you let items or skills give a bonus to custom parameters?
How can you let the custom parameters grow with level ups and/or classes?

I tried to use the <param Plus: +x> notetag, but that only seems to work with the basic parameters.

Thanks for any help :)
I think that features intended use is to allow the user to add any kind of parameter, custom or in engine that isn't already offered to you by the plugin. I use it to show element rates for example. There is a plugin that'll allow VS-added custom parameters by themselves to behave as you want them in the JS forum though.

danfish97

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I used your plugin to give my SV enemies animated sprites! That part has worked beautifully, however my enemy sprites found themselves in the bottom middle. I used the <Sideview Anchor: x, y> note tag to move my enemies further up and to the left of the screen, opposite my party. While this moved the sprites, the enemies names, hp, shadow, remained in their original spot. I used the <Battle UI Offset: +x, +y> notetag to try and move all of this information but when I enter the tag it has zero effect on my battle. I'm attaching some images to show what I mean.

Original: Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 6.45.50 PM.png After changing anchor: Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 6.42.55 PM.png

My characters attacking the shadow and not the sprite:Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 6.43.12 PM.png

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

WilsonE7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello! I used your plugin to give my SV enemies animated sprites! That part has worked beautifully, however my enemy sprites found themselves in the bottom middle. I used the <Sideview Anchor: x, y> note tag to move my enemies further up and to the left of the screen, opposite my party. While this moved the sprites, the enemies names, hp, shadow, remained in their original spot. I used the <Battle UI Offset: +x, +y> notetag to try and move all of this information but when I enter the tag it has zero effect on my battle. I'm attaching some images to show what I mean.

Original: View attachment 179409 After changing anchor: View attachment 179410

My characters attacking the shadow and not the sprite:View attachment 179411

Any help would be much appreciated. :)
This might sound like a dumb question, but did you actually place an image in the enemies' database entries and then position them in the Troop tab? The SV animated sprites will replace the stock image you use.

danfish97

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This might sound like a dumb question, but did you actually place an image in the enemies' database entries and then position them in the Troop tab? The SV animated sprites will replace the stock image you use.
Ah that was exactly it! I'm sort of new to RPG Maker and am still exploring all the tabs in the database. Thanks a lot!!
I've now come to a different problem!
I made a bunch of custom sprite sheets for my game, but since I attached the visustella battle core plug n my battle sprites just use the main basic attack animation/pose/motion. For example I'd like my character to use the magic skill animation from my sprite sheet when using a magic skill, but currently all skills have the same sprite animation. Is there any way to set certain skills to specific animations in the sprite sheet? Any help would be hugely appreciated!

thanks!! :3

WilsonE7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ah that was exactly it! I'm sort of new to RPG Maker and am still exploring all the tabs in the database. Thanks a lot!!
I've now come to a different problem!
I made a bunch of custom sprite sheets for my game, but since I attached the visustella battle core plug n my battle sprites just use the main basic attack animation/pose/motion. For example I'd like my character to use the magic skill animation from my sprite sheet when using a magic skill, but currently all skills have the same sprite animation. Is there any way to set certain skills to specific animations in the sprite sheet? Any help would be hugely appreciated!

thanks!! :3
This can also be found in the Database. First, go to System 1 and note what's in the "[SV] Magic Skills" box. ("SV" stands for Side View.) Whatever skill types are in there will use the Sideview "Chant" and "Cast" motions in your spritesheet instead of a normal attack motion. Now, go to your magic skills and look where it says "Skill Type." Open the drop-down menu there and select the option that's in the "[SV] Magic Skills" box.

Bonus tip: You can rename your magic skill types or add new ones in the Types tab, and make them use the cast motion by clicking an empty space in the "[SV] Magic Skills" box.

Archon126

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think that features intended use is to allow the user to add any kind of parameter, custom or in engine that isn't already offered to you by the plugin. I use it to show element rates for example. There is a plugin that'll allow VS-added custom parameters by themselves to behave as you want them in the JS forum though.
Ok that is strange. Wondering why there are so many different VisuStella Plugins already released, but nothing as basic as a custom parameter plugin.

I found the ICF-Soft Params Core plugin, but it does not work together with the VisuStella plugins for MZ, or at least there is no way to make the new pamaeters show up in the plugins.

Weremole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses

SirCumferance

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dont want my bows to be "Counterable" and want a state added before the attack and removed after the attack, the state reducing Counter Rate by 1000%
I have tried it in the skills, equips, with the various <JS> codes, and am able to add it to the attacker, lol, but not the target.

Any help?
Example of one of the tags i have tried

<JS Pre-Apply>
target.addState(75);
</JS Pre-Apply>

Last edited:

digitalneos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a handful of mv js codes that I am struggling with but I feel if I can get the iteration damage tip and trick from yanfly I could figure the rest out. Im just completely lost. Anyways, this is the skill code from mv
<Damage Formula>
// Default the number of times it's been casted to 0
var total = user._totalSpellsCasted || 0;
// The multiplier used based on the number of times it's been used.
var bonusMultiplier = total * 0.50;
// The damage formula with reference to the multiplier bonus
value = user.mat * (1 + bonusMultiplier);
</Damage Formula>

// The passive state linked to this skill
<Passive State: 319>

When I use this the damage is stuck and capped at 33, not sure how tbh.

And the state code was
<Custom Battle Effect>
// At the start of battle reset the number of casts
user._totalSpellsCasted = 0;
</Custom Battle Effect>

<Custom Action Start Effect>
// Default the amount of spells casted to 0
user._totalSpellsCasted = user._totalSpellsCasted || 0;
// Get the user's current action
var action = user.currentAction();
// Check if it is a skill and magical
if (action.isSkill() && action.isMagical()) {
// Increase the total number of spells casted by 1
user._totalSpellsCasted += 1;
}
</Custom Action Start Effect>

I dont know where I went wrong i tried the different <js> codes from the tutorials but I couldn't get anything to change.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry all, I didn't get a notification for the new posts here so I didn't realise there were new questions. I'll get to these ASAP.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Trihan, if you're still around, I wanted to ask a question about a Passive state I set up with a passive condition:

<JS Passive Condition> if (user.hp / user.mhp >= 0.9) { condition = true; } else { condition = false; } </JS Passive Condition>

So this code actually works. The problem is that hovering over the equipment that has this passive state in the Item or Equip menus causes a massive lagspike (the game freezes for 2-4 seconds). Did I do something wrong with how I structured the code or is this lagspike just supposed to happen due to the calculations?
Yeah, passive states based on actor parameters tend to overload the call stack because they're being constantly evaluated.

Hi there, im trying to hide states (icons) in battle only, previously on mv there was a great notetag know as <Hide in battle>. Does this function still exist with a different notetag ?

<Hide in Battle> and <Hide outside Battle> made the transition, so you can still use it in the VS plugins. :)

I dont want my bows to be "Counterable" and want a state added before the attack and removed after the attack, the state reducing Counter Rate by 1000%
I have tried it in the skills, equips, with the various <JS> codes, and am able to add it to the attacker, lol, but not the target.

Any help?
Example of one of the tags i have tried
Have you tried <JS Pre-Apply As Target>?

I have a handful of mv js codes that I am struggling with but I feel if I can get the iteration damage tip and trick from yanfly I could figure the rest out. Im just completely lost. Anyways, this is the skill code from mv
<Damage Formula>
// Default the number of times it's been casted to 0
var total = user._totalSpellsCasted || 0;
// The multiplier used based on the number of times it's been used.
var bonusMultiplier = total * 0.50;
// The damage formula with reference to the multiplier bonus
value = user.mat * (1 + bonusMultiplier);
</Damage Formula>

// The passive state linked to this skill
<Passive State: 319>

When I use this the damage is stuck and capped at 33, not sure how tbh.

And the state code was
<Custom Battle Effect>
// At the start of battle reset the number of casts
user._totalSpellsCasted = 0;
</Custom Battle Effect>

<Custom Action Start Effect>
// Default the amount of spells casted to 0
user._totalSpellsCasted = user._totalSpellsCasted || 0;
// Get the user's current action
var action = user.currentAction();
// Check if it is a skill and magical
if (action.isSkill() && action.isMagical()) {
// Increase the total number of spells casted by 1
user._totalSpellsCasted += 1;
}
</Custom Action Start Effect>

I dont know where I went wrong i tried the different <js> codes from the tutorials but I couldn't get anything to change.
Are you trying to make this work in MV using the code from the T&T or are you trying to convert what this does to how you'd do it in VisuStella in MZ?

Last edited:

digitalneos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you trying to make this work in MV using the code from the T&T or are you trying to convert what this does to how you'd do it in VisuStella in MZ?
Trying to get it to work in mz. Yes I'm purchase everything from visustella, I've tried swapping the starting and ending codes for different <js> codes but I believe there are 3 so there's no way of telling if I get one right

Last edited:

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, so

I don't believe <Damage Formula> has a VS equivalent, but you can put that in the formula box directly since there isn't really a character limit any more:

JavaScript:
var total = a._totalSpellsCast || 0; var bonusMultiplier = total * 0.5; a.mat * (1 + bonusMultiplier);

Then in your state notebox, put

JavaScript:
<JS Pre-Start Battle>
  user._totalSpellsCast = 0;
</JS Pre-Start Battle>

<JS Post-Start Action>
  user._totalSpellsCast = user._totalSpellsCast || 0;
  var userAction = user.currentAction();
  if (userAction.isSkill() && userAction.isMagical()) {
    user._totalSpellsCast++;
  }
</JS Post-Start Action>

digitalneos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, so

I don't believe <Damage Formula> has a VS equivalent, but you can put that in the formula box directly since there isn't really a character limit any more:

JavaScript:
var total = a._totalSpellsCast || 0; var bonusMultiplier = total * 0.5; a.mat * (1 + bonusMultiplier);

Then in your state notebox, put

JavaScript:
<JS Pre-Start Battle>
  user._totalSpellsCast = 0;
</JS Pre-Start Battle>

<JS Post-Start Action>
  user._totalSpellsCast = user._totalSpellsCast || 0;
  var userAction = user.currentAction();
  if (userAction.isSkill() && userAction.isMagical()) {
    user._totalSpellsCast++;
  }
</JS Post-Start Action>
Worked flawlessly. I guess that makes sense since when i was trying to use notetages for the damage formula it was only doing the base MAT as damage. Your amazing thanks man you have no idea how happy i am getting this special skill into my game.
Worked flawlessly. I guess that makes sense since when i was trying to use notetages for the damage formula it was only doing the base MAT as damage. Your amazing thanks man you have no idea how happy i am getting this special skill into my game.

Last edited:

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Happy to help! Let me know if you need anything else.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

JRPG TextBox HTML - Part 2:
So I'm resuming work on the Shadowstar Trilogy. I've decided that it will take place between the end of G4 and the start of G5, and two of the Lost Rulers will be Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer (who is the moon princess in my AU).
Been working on some sprites, My favorite out of all of them is this guy, his name is Moss:
anyone else 'round here gonna be doing the retro game jam that's starting in a few days on itch.io?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryachika78