The official VisuStella notetag help thread

shukrin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
you may have just missed the semi-colon.
Copy and paste this:

<JS On Add State> target.setTp(0); </JS On Add State>

Hope this helps!
I had just found the problem actually, I'm still testing, sorry for not updating my inquiry yet.

The problem is one of the plugin I'm using that allow stacking states cause it to not working. I disabled it now and it works. Now I need to find a new way to fix my character skill that require states stacking *sigh.

shukrin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ok guess i'll ask for another help here. I'm trying to get notetag for stacking states, I see bunch of similar code here that did it with poison and burn and i dont want anything as fancy as that. I just want my parameter buffs or debuff for certain states to stack.

Like for example my character can increase his AGI +10 a turn until it reaches 100. I know there's global setting for that but I want all state buff and debuff have unique properties, ie. some can stack, some dont, some last for 3 turn, some stays forever etc etc

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Have a read over the instructions.
State Notetags
There are some reapply tags available.

shukrin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Have a read over the instructions.
State Notetags
There are some reapply tags available.
I thought that only apply for turn count not the effect

- Choose what kind of rules this state follows if the state is being applied
to a target that already has the state. This affects turns specifically.

That what it says

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You're right!
Maybe I you setup the skills to become passive states, you can stack them with the stackable notetag?

shukrin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You're right!
Maybe I you setup the skills to become passive states, you can stack them with the stackable notetag?
nope tried it doesnt work. As far as i know (dont quote me on this) passive states are separate from buff and normal states. They stay forever once learned and cant be removed in battles like buffs and states do. Besides there's no way to set max number of stacks and such

shukrin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You're right!
nope tried it doesnt work. Passive states are separate from buff and normal skills do. They stay forever once learned and cant be removed in battles like buffs and states do. Besides there's no way to set max number of stack

There's a thread that may help. I've not looked too much into stacking states, myself.
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...tate-stacking-and-custom-state-damage.127737/

Yes i previously used the plugin recommended there in thread, but i discovered bunch of problem with it.

1. It clashes with VisuStella plugin making notetag doesnt works but i managed to find a workaround by sorting correctly. However, below is more problematic for me

2. It cause the state counter to stuck at 0

3. This one make me decide to not use it at all. It causes the state to not expire at all for the whole battle. Meaning your battlers could easily buff the stats to max stack, and you're done. Yeah it may works for Pokemon, but I'm more of thinking where the buff could expire after a while after not topping it up. So that there's more balance in the battles.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So do you still need help with this?

Sorry everyone, my schedule's been crazy lately and keeping on top of this thread got difficult. XD

shukrin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So do you still need help with this?

Sorry everyone, my schedule's been crazy lately and keeping on top of this thread got difficult. XD
Well actually I just found a new plugin by TheoAllen that allow stacking states. I'm still testing but so far no issues.

By the way, is it possible to do that without any plugin, for stacking the same stats bonus from states. Just in case, if there's a problem with this plugin too.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well actually I just found a new plugin by TheoAllen that allow stacking states. I'm still testing but so far no issues.

By the way, is it possible to do that without any plugin, for stacking the same stats bonus from states. Just in case, if there's a problem with this plugin too.
You can do a stacking effect just with the VisuStella cores using JS On Add State tags and a property on the battler, but it depends on what you need really.

dm604

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi:

I'm using the VisaStella ItemsEquipCore.

Can anyone tell me how I can categorize items to the "Material" tab?

I've tried the following and still can't get it to work:

<Category: Materials>

<Categories>
Materials
</Categories>

<Category: 4>

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Formosa Quest 9_18_2021 1_58_41 AM.png
Formosa Quest - RPG Maker MZ 9_18_2021 1_59_01 AM.png

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi:

I'm using the VisaStella ItemsEquipCore.

Can anyone tell me how I can categorize items to the "Material" tab?

I've tried the following and still can't get it to work:

<Category: Materials>

<Categories>
Materials
</Categories>

<Category: 4>

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

View attachment 201555
View attachment 201556
Is the category labelled material or materials?

Firstly, you would have to create a Category labelled "Materials".
Within VisuMZ_1_ItemsEquipCore, navigate to Item Categories. Then, Category List.
Double click the blank area under the existing categories.
Double click Type, which defaults to "Regular Items"
Click the shoulder button and scroll down until you see Category: x and select that.
Replace x with the word "Materials".
Choose any icon and visibility setting which suits you.

Your new Category is now available!

Last edited:

dm604

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is the category labelled material or materials?

Hi:

Since I'm new to RMMZ, I actually have no idea.

However, here are the screenshots of the plugin.

Thank you.

Formosa Quest - RPG Maker MZ 9_18_2021 9_19_11 AM.png
Formosa Quest - RPG Maker MZ 9_18_2021 9_19_20 AM.png

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Does anyone still have questions that haven't been answered yet? It's been hard to keep up with everyone else helping (not saying that's a bad thing by any means, but it's a struggle to figure out which questions have been sorted and which ones haven't)

dm604

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think I misunderstood what you were asking.
With your current settings, on the item screen in event editor.. change occasion to never.

This has solved the problem. I didn't get much sleep last night because of this.
Now I can continue to work on the project.

Thank you very much!!! :)

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This has solved the problem. I didn't get much sleep last night because of this.
Now I can continue to work on the project.

Thank you very much!!! :)
Glad you are back on track!

Kumo6752

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone still have questions that haven't been answered yet? It's been hard to keep up with everyone else helping (not saying that's a bad thing by any means, but it's a struggle to figure out which questions have been sorted and which ones haven't)
Me uvu
Hello! I have some questions

1- I'm tryng to make an skill that deals more damage if the target have absorbtion barrier.
It is *possible* if you use the state barrier in the code, but ill be adding more barrier states than just one.
SO i thougth: it is possible to make something like this?

Code:
if (target.CATEGORYstate){
code
}

based on the categories from the skill and states plugin.

2- how do force action works in MZ?
im tryng to make something similar to JUMP in RPG Maker MV.
this is the code for the state that triggers in the start of the turn
Code:
<Custom Turn Start Effect>
  var skill = 68;
  var target = -2;
  BattleManager.queueForceAction(user, skill, target);
</Custom Turn Start Effect>

3- i have a passive state that works only when one of the party members is present and alive.
i was able to make the alive part, but this is the part that works in MV and in MZ just break the actor.
Code:
<Custom Passive Condition>
  if ($gameParty.battleMembers().contains($gameActors.actor(1))) {
          condition = true;
  } else {
    condition = false;
  }
</Custom Passive Condition>

4- In the action sequence, the "MECH: Multipliers", for the damage/healing rate, it can make decimals appears. in an state or skill notetag, i know i can parse it to int, but i really dont know how to do that in here?

Really, thanks a lot for your time and work.

dm604

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is likely a notetag related question based on the VisuStella sample project.
Could anyone please kindly tell me what these are and how to change them?

Formosa Quest 9_18_2021 7_27_27 PM_LI.jpg

The VisuStella wiki page on Main Menu Core doesn't seem to have these icons.

I would like to change them to something appropriate for each profession, e.g. a sword for warriors, a wand for magicians, and etc.

Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

thought I'd upgrade to mz from mv cause of the nice quality of life features but ****ing hell why couldn't they allow old plugins to work in it and secondly how come in over a year since it's release has there been no mz version of something so crucial as a non grid based movement plugin. I guess I'll stick with mv. (why wasnt mz just an update to mv anyway literally nothing substantial changed..)
Something might be coming...
Hallo.png
A new day for creating :)
2021 has been the runner-up for the worst year of my life. 2015 may take that title, but '21 is pushing it. Excuses really don't justify how much of a jerk I've been this year to a lot of people.

I'm sorry. I don't intend to be a jerk forever, but I'd rather back up my intent with actions, not words.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustAnotherMaker