Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Remind me of the effect you're trying to create?

Willibab

The Lord of Whackery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Bless skill removes negative states. It can only be used on a target with one or more of those negative states.

If you have [x] skill (improved bless) then youG ain 4% mp if successful (so basically, when used).

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Bless skill removes negative states. It can only be used on a target with one or more of those negative states.

If you have [x] skill (improved bless) then youG ain 4% mp if successful (so basically, when used).
Ah, there's your problem. It isn't possible with just VisuStella notetags to prevent the choosing of a given target. You can modify the targets a skill *affects*, but you can't stop them being selected in the first place.

There is a caethyril plugin that offers this functionality, but it's beyond the scope of a VS tag thread.

Willibab

The Lord of Whackery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ah, there's your problem. It isn't possible with just VisuStella notetags to prevent the choosing of a given target. You can modify the targets a skill *affects*, but you can't stop them being selected in the first place.

There is a caethyril plugin that offers this functionality, but it's beyond the scope of a VS tag thread.

Aww man, I feel dumb now. I have used that plugin before for a similar purpose :p

It's working great now, tnx @ATT_Turan and @Trihan.

Man the if (user.isLearnedSkill(x)) alone opens so many possibilities, I didn't think it was that simple to make talent/add-ons to skills like stuff.

Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Huh. That's...not intuitive. So the JS Targets notetag should only be used on skills that have a multi-target scope, and it will cause only some of them to be affected? And the included All Allies But User notetag will still show the selection as being...whatever you defined the skill's scope to be, and if you select yourself it will just fail? :frown:

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Huh. That's...not intuitive. So the JS Targets notetag should only be used on skills that have a multi-target scope, and it will cause only some of them to be affected? And the included All Allies But User notetag will still show the selection as being...whatever you defined the skill's scope to be, and if you select yourself it will just fail? :frown:
Yes, <JS Targets> can modify the skill scope before it executes and control which battlers it *will* target, but the initial manual targeting will still be in accordance with the database setting for the skill.

Though I think All Allies But User just sets the scope without asking the user for a target.

Willibab

The Lord of Whackery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey! Me again :p

Trying to make a state that applies 100% critical chance when the user has 80 or above TP.

Tried these two codes on a state with +100% crit.

<JS Passive Condition>
if (user.tp >= 0.8) {
condition = true; }
</JS Passive Condition>

<Passive Condition: TP Above 79>

When I grant it as a <Passive State: x> to the actor or class it is applied at all times regardless of TP.

When I have a skill apply it 100%. (As a passive) it just doesn't work at all.

Any ideas?

Junane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey! Me again :p

Trying to make a state that applies 100% critical chance when the user has 80 or above TP.

Tried these two codes on a state with +100% crit.

<JS Passive Condition>
if (user.tp >= 0.8) {
condition = true; }
</JS Passive Condition>

<Passive Condition: TP Above 79>

When I grant it as a <Passive State: x> to the actor or class it is applied at all times regardless of TP.

When I have a skill apply it 100%. (As a passive) it just doesn't work at all.

Any ideas?

I believe the TP check is done with this line.
<JS Passive Condition>
condition = user.tp >= user.maxTp() * 0.8
</JS Passive Condition>

As for the critical business, there isn't any solution via a state to force a critical; you'll need action sequences or the following code in every relevant skill:
<JS Critical Rate>
if (user.states().contains($dataStates[x])){
rate = 1;
}
</JS Critical Rate>

Last edited:

Willibab

The Lord of Whackery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have implemented bard gameplay to be that he gets a different song(skill) based on the type of weapon he uses by using the Weapon Mastery code from https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...-effect-in-mz-with-visustella-plugins.143816/

I am wondering if its possible to tweak the code so that the state is on only whenever the user doesn't have any weapon equipped?

<JS Passive Condition>
const weapons = user.weapons();
const swords = 2;
condition = false;
for (let i = 0; i < weapons.length; ++i) {
const weapon = weapons;
if (weapon && weapon.wtypeId === swords) {
condition = true;
break;
}
}
</JS Passive Condition>

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have implemented bard gameplay to be that he gets a different song(skill) based on the type of weapon he uses by using the Weapon Mastery code from https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...-effect-in-mz-with-visustella-plugins.143816/

I am wondering if its possible to tweak the code so that the state is on only whenever the user doesn't have any weapon equipped?

<JS Passive Condition>
const weapons = user.weapons();
const swords = 2;
condition = false;
for (let i = 0; i < weapons.length; ++i) {
const weapon = weapons;
if (weapon && weapon.wtypeId === swords) {
condition = true;
break;
}
}
</JS Passive Condition>
condition = user.weapons().length === 0

Roseheart

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Hi! I'm new to the forum and I've been poking around a bit with different plugins but I've been having issues with one thing in particular. I'm using the Skills and States core from VisuStella and trying to make both a bleed and a poison state that have damage based on the user's stats instead of being a flat percent so I don't have to worry about it breaking bosses.

On the wiki page, I noticed it says, "Slip Damage popups only show one popup for HP, MP, and TP each and it is the grand total of all the states and effects combined regardless of the number of states and effects on a battler." However, I'm noticing this isn't the case for me and I'm not sure why. It's not adding the damage together if both the poison and the bleed are applied together.

For example, while I was testing the skills and associated states, I set the states so that Poison deals 60 damage a turn and Bleed deals 110 damage a turn. When only one is applied, it works as expected. But when both are applied, it's still only dealing the 110 damage from the Bleed state, regardless of which state was applied first and instead of adding it together to do 170 damage. Any ideas as to why this might be happening? Also I apologize if this has already been asked before, I skimmed over this thread but I admit I may have missed it if it was already asked.

Here's the note tags for the states:
Poison:
<Negative State> <JS HP Slip Damage> damage = Math.floor(user.mat*0.5)+10; </JS HP Slip Damage>

Bleed:
<Negative State> <JS HP Slip Damage> damage = Math.floor(user.mat*1)+10; </JS HP Slip Damage>

Skurge

Archtross Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't understand why freeze motion isn't working for me.

I follow the instructions where I can command the actor to freeze on a motion type [swing] and then freeze on frame index 4 and nothing happens.

I simply wish the actor to swing his weapon and rest on the 4th index for a few seconds but I cannot get the result.

Can anyone help me with this?

Willibab

The Lord of Whackery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have made this to make the character do additional attacks based on their Agility stat using the Unleash plugin.

<JS Replace Attack>
if (user.agi > 19) {
id = 26;
if (user.agi > 39)
id = 27;
if (user.agi > 59)
id = 28;
if (user.agi > 79)
id = 29;
if (user.agi > 99)
id = 30;
} else {
id = 1;
}
</JS Replace Attack>

It works great but I am now unable to have additional <Replace Attack> stuff as they do not stack.

Is there a way to do it in a different way with Visustella JS codes? Like in a passive state? I think its possible in the damage formula, but that is already a bit crowded xD

I essentially want the Attack skill (1) to attack an additional time for every xx agility the character has.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think its possible in the damage formula, but that is already a bit crowded xD
Not that I can think of. I don't believe calling a force action function from in there will work correctly (although I may be wrong).
I essentially want the Attack skill (1) to attack an additional time for every xx agility the character has.
I should think programming an action sequence for your attack skill with conditional checks for agility to do extra hits would be the easiest way to go about this.

Darinoplas

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello everybody,

I just have a quick question for all experts, I recently started using the VisuStella Plugin called ''Weapon Animation'' I've been trying to look for a proper guide on how to use it but I could not find any.

I successfully installed all the plugins as well as organized them in the proper order so that no error message could prompt, I've created a project to see if there was any errors:
1653144463226.png

The description of the plugin says that I have to use ''notetags'' such as
<Weapon Image: filename> but it does not specify how many or the actual order and how to make it work, if anyone knows how to, I would appreciate it if you teach me a little bit about it.

Thank you and sorry this is my second language and I'm kind of new in this field:)
Have a great day everyone =)

Zakarijah

I love making maps!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have skills that Level up, and I'd like the Steal skill to have it's 'chance' increase each level but this is all it says:

<JS Steal Item Rate>
code
code
rate = code;
</JS Steal Item Rate>

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I recently started using the VisuStella Plugin called ''Weapon Animation'' I've been trying to look for a proper guide on how to use it but I could not find any.
Welcome! The instructions are here (presumably also on the itch page for the plugin):
The description of the plugin says that I have to use ''notetags'' such as
<Weapon Image: filename> but it does not specify how many or the actual order and how to make it work
If you click the link in the Contents that says "Weapon Image-Related Notetags" it explains it right there. You have two options, <Weapon Image: x> and <Weapon Image: filename> depending on whether you want the image to be one of the default from MZ or a custom one you've created. Both options have examples of how you use it written in the instructions.

A weapon can only have one animation, so the "how many or the actual order" parts of your question aren't relevant.

I have skills that Level up, and I'd like the Steal skill to have it's 'chance' increase each level but this is all it says:

<JS Steal Item Rate>
code
code
rate = code;
</JS Steal Item Rate>
I'm a bit confused because you don't actually ask a question, so I'm not sure what you need :stickytongue:

I'm guessing you're asking what you would enter for your code, but we have no way to help you with that without knowing what system you're using to level up your skills (how is the skill's level tracked?) nor what you want to do with that level - what do you want your steal formula to be? That's what you put for the code.

Zakarijah

I love making maps!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Welcome! The instructions are here (presumably also on the itch page for the plugin):

If you click the link in the Contents that says "Weapon Image-Related Notetags" it explains it right there. You have two options, <Weapon Image: x> and <Weapon Image: filename> depending on whether you want the image to be one of the default from MZ or a custom one you've created. Both options have examples of how you use it written in the instructions.

A weapon can only have one animation, so the "how many or the actual order" parts of your question aren't relevant.

I'm a bit confused because you don't actually ask a question, so I'm not sure what you need :stickytongue:

I'm guessing you're asking what you would enter for your code, but we have no way to help you with that without knowing what system you're using to level up your skills (how is the skill's level tracked?) nor what you want to do with that level - what do you want your steal formula to be? That's what you put for the code.
The level is just a “nicety’. The skill is actually replaced by another skill when you ‘learn’ it’s upgrade and it gets replaced. Lol

I just need the code that would alter the flat steal success rate for the skill itself, not based on a level or anything.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The level is just a “nicety’. The skill is actually replaced by another skill when you ‘learn’ it’s upgrade and it gets replaced. Lol

I just need the code that would alter the flat steal success rate for the skill itself, not based on a level or anything.
Then...what code would be involved? The instructions say:
Code:
<JS Steal Rate>
 code
 code
 rate = code;
</JS Steal Rate>

- The 'rate' variable starts at a value equal to the current success rate.
- The 'rate' variable will be returned as the declared success rate.

So 'rate' is whatever you said it is in the plugin parameter. Your steal chance. What you're saying, if you don't want to factor in any kind of level variable, is just math.

If you want this skill to have a 10% higher chance to steal, then
Code:
rate=rate+.1;

If you want the low level skill to have a 5% worse chance to steal, then
Code:
rate=rate-.05;

Last edited:

Zakarijah

I love making maps!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Then...what code would be involved? The instructions say:
Code:
<JS Steal Rate>
 code
 code
 rate = code;
</JS Steal Rate>

- The 'rate' variable starts at a value equal to the current success rate.
- The 'rate' variable will be returned as the declared success rate.

So 'rate' is whatever you said it is in the plugin parameter. Your steal chance. What you're saying, if you don't want to factor in any kind of level variable, is just math.

If you want this skill to have a 10% higher chance to steal, then
Code:
rate=rate+.1;

If you want the low level skill to have a 5% worse chance to steal, then
Code:
rate=rate-.05;
Okay! The instructions are kind of… obtuse when compared to their Yanfly counterparts for a lot of things, so I though maybe there was MORE that had to go into it js-wise. Ha.

So would the skill notetag just look like this then?

<JS Steal Rate>
rate=rate+.1;
</JS Steal Rate>

But then I would just adjust the .1 how I see fit depending on the skill, correct?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Game Making Every Day #19 :kaosalute:

Screenshot Saturday time ft. Boss Fight!
Well this is annoying... After unplugging my phone from my computer (or any USB, it gets stuck in an infinite loop of system notifications indicating 'USB connected/USB disconnected'. It won't allow the screen to stay off as long as the notifications keep pooping up, so the battery charge is suffering. :\

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cashmonet69