<JS Post-Apply>
const text = user.name() + " is paralyzed and can't attack!";
const window = SceneManager._scene._logWindow;
    if (text) {
      window._lines.push(text + '<CENTER>');
      window.refresh();
    }
</JS Post-Apply>

Then instead of user.clearActions(), do user.currentAction().setSkill(id of your paralyzed skill);

This will replace the action with the paralyzed one, which will use 64 as its cast animation and output a message to the log similar to the one you get in Pokémon.
I was searching around trying to figure out how to get this exact feature to work when I came across this post. I tried it, but I couldn't get it to work. However, a breakthrough in another area of my game gave me an inspiration and I figured out an easy way to do this as well. I figured I'd share it here in case it could help anybody else.

To do this you'll need VisuStella's Battle Core plugin, duh, and I highly recommend, but it's not "necessary", their Visual States & Effects plugin as well. The process is simple, you only need 2 things:

State A, the "dot", which I called Paralysis, but you can call it whatever you want.
State B, the 'proc" which I called Paralyzed, but again, you can call it whatever you want.

In State A, give it no restrictions, normal motions, and no overlay. Leave the removal conditions unchecked and set the auto-removal timing to "Turn End". Set the duration to whatever you want, personally, I set mines 1~5. In the notes section, paste (I just modified Yanfly's original code):
Code:
<JS Pre-Start Turn>
var paralyzeRate = 0.25;
if (Math.random() < paralyzeRate) {
$gameMessage.add(user.name() + " is paralyzed and cannot move!");
user.addState(16); }
</JS Pre-Start Turn>
You can change the paralyze rate to whatever you want. 1.0= 100% chance to apply State B every turn, 0.25 is a 25% chance. Set the state, in my case "16" to whatever your State B is.

In State B, set the restriction to "Cannot move" and motion/overlay on normal/no. Leave the removal conditions unchecked and set the auto-removal timing to Turn End. Set the duration to 1~1 and in the notes, if you have the Visual States & Effects plugin, add <Add Animation: 122>. 122 being whatever animation you want to play when the actual paralysis procs. If you don't have that plugin, you can set the overlay to paralysis but no sound effect will play.

So as you can see, State A causes the paralysis, but State B is what stops the actor from attacking. Takes a bit to explain, but it's stupid simple to setup. If this helps anybody out, enjoy!

fooooox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi :) I've an issue with the BattleCore plugin. I want to add an Y offset for the state icons, so I put the note <Battle UI Offset Y: +y> on the player notetag, but it doesn't change anything.. Anybody knows how to fix it ? May be i've missing something really simple. Thanks for your help !

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I put the note <Battle UI Offset Y: +y> on the player notetag, but it doesn't change anything..
+y doesn't mean anything - how far do you want to move the icon? You need to put an actual number there.

fooooox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
+y doesn't mean anything - how far do you want to move the icon? You need to put an actual number there.
I used <Battle UI Offset Y: -50> to be precise, because my battlers are a bit larger than standard, but the icon was still at the same level.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I used <Battle UI Offset Y: -50> to be precise
Okay, great! After making that change, did you save the project and start a new game? If you load a save, it won't reflect changes that you made.

Skurge

Archtross Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I posted a thread earlier but no one is paying any attention to it.

But I'm really having a hard time with the battle core right now.
I want to make a skill that behaves in this sequence.
For sake of example let's say I'm after attacking a total of 5 enemies out of 8 in the existing battle field.

1. Fires projectile at selected enemy
  2. Effects target
  3. Damage popup
  4. Fires projectile at next ALIVE enemy
  5. Effects target
  6. Damage popup
  7. Fires projectile at next ALIVE enemy
  8. Effects target
  9. Damage popup
  10. Fires projectile at next ALIVE enemy
  11. Effects target
  12. Damage popup
  13. Fires projectile at next ALIVE enemy
  14. Effects target
  15. Damage popup
For reasons I cannot understand when using the appropriate commands such as;
TARGET: Next Target the test play ignores the command and continues to focus the skill on the one guy selected. Why?

Secondly I want the skills to target only living targets, despite the options only some are relative to alive targets but not for next commands.

Junane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I posted a thread earlier but no one is paying any attention to it.

But I'm really having a hard time with the battle core right now.
I want to make a skill that behaves in this sequence.
For sake of example let's say I'm after attacking a total of 5 enemies out of 8 in the existing battle field.

1. Fires projectile at selected enemy
  2. Effects target
  3. Damage popup
  4. Fires projectile at next ALIVE enemy
  5. Effects target
  6. Damage popup
  7. Fires projectile at next ALIVE enemy
  8. Effects target
  9. Damage popup
  10. Fires projectile at next ALIVE enemy
  11. Effects target
  12. Damage popup
  13. Fires projectile at next ALIVE enemy
  14. Effects target
  15. Damage popup
For reasons I cannot understand when using the appropriate commands such as;
TARGET: Next Target the test play ignores the command and continues to focus the skill on the one guy selected. Why?

Secondly I want the skills to target only living targets, despite the options only some are relative to alive targets but not for next commands.
Attached to this post is the main piece of the action sequence I have successfully used to replicate a random firing pattern. Although if one enemy is only ever being hit once per skill, I believe you're looking for the Chain Lightning code.

Attachments

• Suppressive Fire.png
    Suppressive Fire.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

fooooox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Okay, great! After making that change, did you save the project and start a new game? If you load a save, it won't reflect changes that you made.
That was it, thanks !

I have another question, I use the Sideview Battle UI, and I wonder if there is a way to apply an offset at the action command window ? I would like to put it in the lower right corner. Does anyone know if this is possible ?

Capture d’écran 2022-06-11 à 12.02.22.png

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wonder if there is a way to apply an offset at the action command window ?
That's really not a notetag question, so you should start a new thread asking it.

Unless you see settings for it in the plugin parameters, the answer could be no, because VisuStella obfuscates their code, making it unable to be modified by users.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Watch Studio Blue play Numina by starlit in our latest RPG Maker Games Critique stream starting NOW!

Wish me luck. One of the leading experts on certain false shuffle is going to check if my skill is good enough to be called "not total trash".
Not an RPG Maker Update but I'm happy to say that I finally passed my drivers written test. Which makes me a happy guy.
FWRu-cYXkAAAUbl
Have you ever been in such a luck streak you felt fear something was wrong?
I'm going to be adding in combat animations, revamping the UI and putting in a new cutscene this week, so this is your last chance to play the MC:RIS demo in its original form! Say you were there since the beginning! https://qos.itch.io/infinite-sadness

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kekel123