<JS Post-Apply>
const text = user.name() + " is paralyzed and can't attack!";
const window = SceneManager._scene._logWindow;
    if (text) {
      window._lines.push(text + '<CENTER>');
      window.refresh();
    }
</JS Post-Apply>

Then instead of user.clearActions(), do user.currentAction().setSkill(id of your paralyzed skill);

This will replace the action with the paralyzed one, which will use 64 as its cast animation and output a message to the log similar to the one you get in Pokémon.
I was searching around trying to figure out how to get this exact feature to work when I came across this post. I tried it, but I couldn't get it to work. However, a breakthrough in another area of my game gave me an inspiration and I figured out an easy way to do this as well. I figured I'd share it here in case it could help anybody else.

To do this you'll need VisuStella's Battle Core plugin, duh, and I highly recommend, but it's not "necessary", their Visual States & Effects plugin as well. The process is simple, you only need 2 things:

State A, the "dot", which I called Paralysis, but you can call it whatever you want.
State B, the 'proc" which I called Paralyzed, but again, you can call it whatever you want.

In State A, give it no restrictions, normal motions, and no overlay. Leave the removal conditions unchecked and set the auto-removal timing to "Turn End". Set the duration to whatever you want, personally, I set mines 1~5. In the notes section, paste (I just modified Yanfly's original code):
Code:
<JS Pre-Start Turn>
var paralyzeRate = 0.25;
if (Math.random() < paralyzeRate) {
$gameMessage.add(user.name() + " is paralyzed and cannot move!");
user.addState(16); }
</JS Pre-Start Turn>
You can change the paralyze rate to whatever you want. 1.0= 100% chance to apply State B every turn, 0.25 is a 25% chance. Set the state, in my case "16" to whatever your State B is.

In State B, set the restriction to "Cannot move" and motion/overlay on normal/no. Leave the removal conditions unchecked and set the auto-removal timing to Turn End. Set the duration to 1~1 and in the notes, if you have the Visual States & Effects plugin, add <Add Animation: 122>. 122 being whatever animation you want to play when the actual paralysis procs. If you don't have that plugin, you can set the overlay to paralysis but no sound effect will play.

So as you can see, State A causes the paralysis, but State B is what stops the actor from attacking. Takes a bit to explain, but it's stupid simple to setup. If this helps anybody out, enjoy!

fooooox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi :) I've an issue with the BattleCore plugin. I want to add an Y offset for the state icons, so I put the note <Battle UI Offset Y: +y> on the player notetag, but it doesn't change anything.. Anybody knows how to fix it ? May be i've missing something really simple. Thanks for your help !

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I put the note <Battle UI Offset Y: +y> on the player notetag, but it doesn't change anything..
+y doesn't mean anything - how far do you want to move the icon? You need to put an actual number there.

fooooox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
+y doesn't mean anything - how far do you want to move the icon? You need to put an actual number there.
I used <Battle UI Offset Y: -50> to be precise, because my battlers are a bit larger than standard, but the icon was still at the same level.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I used <Battle UI Offset Y: -50> to be precise
Okay, great! After making that change, did you save the project and start a new game? If you load a save, it won't reflect changes that you made.

Skurge

Archtross Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I posted a thread earlier but no one is paying any attention to it.

But I'm really having a hard time with the battle core right now.
I want to make a skill that behaves in this sequence.
For sake of example let's say I'm after attacking a total of 5 enemies out of 8 in the existing battle field.

1. Fires projectile at selected enemy
  2. Effects target
  3. Damage popup
  4. Fires projectile at next ALIVE enemy
  5. Effects target
  6. Damage popup
  7. Fires projectile at next ALIVE enemy
  8. Effects target
  9. Damage popup
  10. Fires projectile at next ALIVE enemy
  11. Effects target
  12. Damage popup
  13. Fires projectile at next ALIVE enemy
  14. Effects target
  15. Damage popup
For reasons I cannot understand when using the appropriate commands such as;
TARGET: Next Target the test play ignores the command and continues to focus the skill on the one guy selected. Why?

Secondly I want the skills to target only living targets, despite the options only some are relative to alive targets but not for next commands.

Junane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I posted a thread earlier but no one is paying any attention to it.

But I'm really having a hard time with the battle core right now.
I want to make a skill that behaves in this sequence.
For sake of example let's say I'm after attacking a total of 5 enemies out of 8 in the existing battle field.

1. Fires projectile at selected enemy
  2. Effects target
  3. Damage popup
  4. Fires projectile at next ALIVE enemy
  5. Effects target
  6. Damage popup
  7. Fires projectile at next ALIVE enemy
  8. Effects target
  9. Damage popup
  10. Fires projectile at next ALIVE enemy
  11. Effects target
  12. Damage popup
  13. Fires projectile at next ALIVE enemy
  14. Effects target
  15. Damage popup
For reasons I cannot understand when using the appropriate commands such as;
TARGET: Next Target the test play ignores the command and continues to focus the skill on the one guy selected. Why?

Secondly I want the skills to target only living targets, despite the options only some are relative to alive targets but not for next commands.
Attached to this post is the main piece of the action sequence I have successfully used to replicate a random firing pattern. Although if one enemy is only ever being hit once per skill, I believe you're looking for the Chain Lightning code.

Attachments

• Suppressive Fire.png
    Suppressive Fire.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

fooooox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Okay, great! After making that change, did you save the project and start a new game? If you load a save, it won't reflect changes that you made.
That was it, thanks !

I have another question, I use the Sideview Battle UI, and I wonder if there is a way to apply an offset at the action command window ? I would like to put it in the lower right corner. Does anyone know if this is possible ?

Capture d’écran 2022-06-11 à 12.02.22.png

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wonder if there is a way to apply an offset at the action command window ?
That's really not a notetag question, so you should start a new thread asking it.

Unless you see settings for it in the plugin parameters, the answer could be no, because VisuStella obfuscates their code, making it unable to be modified by users.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I am having difficulty with the note tags for the Quest plugin.
As far as I can see note tags which the tracker can pick up only apply to actions which are either using a skill or using an item.

However, I want to be able to track how many secret rooms the player finds. This action does not, in itself, have anything where I can put a note tag and therefore I do not see how the tracker can tell the player "You have found x out of y secret rooms.

Could someone explain to me how I should go about this.

Thank you.

Dope

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I am having difficulty with the note tags for the Quest plugin.
As far as I can see note tags which the tracker can pick up only apply to actions which are either using a skill or using an item.

However, I want to be able to track how many secret rooms the player finds. This action does not, in itself, have anything where I can put a note tag and therefore I do not see how the tracker can tell the player "You have found x out of y secret rooms.

Could someone explain to me how I should go about this.

Thank you.
Use variables. Whenever the player discoveries a secret room, add 1 to "x" variable. Have the tracker tack "x" variable.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Dope Could you expand that a bit? I checked the VS website and looked at the Variables section before posting here. I could see how to do things like find out how many quests are available or how many objectives are visible, but couldn't find anything which addressed my particular needs.

Thank you

Dope

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Dope Could you expand that a bit? I checked the VS website and looked at the Variables section before posting here. I could see how to do things like find out how many quests are available or how many objectives are visible, but couldn't find anything which addressed my particular needs.

Thank you
Let's say you set Secret Rooms to Variable 1. Every time the player discovers one, add 1 to "Variable 1". In the quest tracker, have a line something akin to: You have discovered \V[1] Secret Rooms. Use conditional statements to determine how the quest acts based on "Variable 1".

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could you expand that a bit? I checked the VS website and looked at the Variables section before posting here. I could see how to do things like find out how many quests are available or how many objectives are visible, but couldn't find anything which addressed my particular needs.
Just to expound on Dope's reply - the plugin doesn't do this for you. It just provides you a way to manage the quests and display them and such.

So you'd have an autorun in the secret rooms that increments a variable by 1; then it does a conditional branch that says "If this variable is 5" or however many rooms you want, "do the plugin command to mark the quest objective complete."

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Dope I get the add 1 to a variable - it is what I have done in my games in VX Ace. My problem lies in hunting down exactly where I do things with this particular plugin (which, frankly, I don't think is user friendly).

@ATT_Turan Thank you for the further point - this makes it sound like I have to have a separate objective for each secret room e.g. 25 objectives listed in the quest journal if that's what the total number is. That is going to be cumbersome and an awful lot for the player to scroll through, and was what I was hoping to avoid. From what you say it seems that I will need to list all 25, then have 25 objectives completed.

EDIT
I don't think I have expressed myself very clearly/coherently.
In the video for this plugin on the VS web site, it shows the quest tracker for the 'collect 20 bear mass'. As the player gets them the quest tracker changes to show e.g. 'you have 2 out of 20 bear mass. or 'you have 14 out of 20 bear mass'. This, in effect, is what I'm trying to do. The video goes so fast, and is so small that I cannot work out what is done to achieve that.

Last edited:

FrigidGaze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Heya!

So--I was wondering if it's possible to make a state, using Visustella's States and Skills Core, that caps any damage received over a certain amount.

For example, if you had the state set to cap any damage over 500, and the damage was calculated at 600 beforehand, it would be constrained back down to 500 before being applied to the character as damage, but if they received under 500 damage, it would work as normal.

I've given the JS notetags a look, and from what I can see it should theoretically be possible using something like <JS Pre-Damage> but I wouldn't have the faintest clue of where to go from there.

Dope

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Dope
I don't think I have expressed myself very clearly/coherently.
In the video for this plugin on the VS web site, it shows the quest tracker for the 'collect 20 bear mass'. As the player gets them the quest tracker changes to show e.g. 'you have 2 out of 20 bear mass. or 'you have 14 out of 20 bear mass'. This, in effect, is what I'm trying to do. The video goes so fast, and is so small that I cannot work out what is done to achieve that.
In the plugin, in the quest settings, when you're in the menu that you edit all the information about the quest, put whatever information you want to display in the "Objective List". Make sure whatever "ID" you put that information in is the one that the quest is displaying.

The plugin does have a learning curve but once you get the hang of it you'll really appreciate it more.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-30 122034.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-30 122034.png
    264.2 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Kes

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think Dope answered that in a previous reply: Make the objective say "You have discovered \V[1] out of 20 Secret Rooms." with whatever ID the variable you're using is.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Dope and @ATT_Turan I finally got it.
Thanks to both of you. I think my frustration at this made me even denser about plugins than I normally am - which is saying something. I don't think my mind works in the same way as the team at VS does. This solution just seems so illogical to me. Maybe it's a left brain/right brain thing.

Anyway, once again thank you.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So--I was wondering if it's possible to make a state, using Visustella's States and Skills Core, that caps any damage received over a certain amount.

For example, if you had the state set to cap any damage over 500
You'd actually use notetags from the Battle Core. Weirdly, the value variable isn't listed in the documentation, but I'm pretty sure it's there just like it was in Yanfly plugins.

So you'd put in your state:
Code:
<JS Pre-Damage as Target>
value=Math.min(value, 500);
</JS Pre-Damage as Target>

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Signing divorce papers today. Still makes no sense to me that this is a step I need to take to get my hubby the help he needs and deserves :( Life is strange people and sometimes it throws you a curve ball you have no chance in hell of catching
Just laid down a sick nasty new post in the MagiCats! Infinite Sadness thread! Lemme give ya a big ol' hug for it.

bg6.jpg
MacAdams wrote on Frogboy's profile.
Hey is there an MZ set of D&D style plugins yet?
Wheel of Attacks.png

MORE GAMBLING THEMED ATTACKS!

I AM UNABLE TO STOP!
Is it ok to repost stuff that i've posted to threads in the status feed?
If so, here's art of Shiloh, the main protagonist of the game i'm making:20220807_181702.jpg
They are meant to be ambiguous in gender, like Frisk from Undertale or Gogo from FFVI. I haven't decided what their age will be yet. Any ideas?
Please comment what you think about the art and design!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Venteon