FrigidGaze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You'd actually use notetags from the Battle Core. Weirdly, the value variable isn't listed in the documentation, but I'm pretty sure it's there just like it was in Yanfly plugins.

So you'd put in your state:
Code:
<JS Pre-Damage as Target>
value=Math.min(value, 500);
</JS Pre-Damage as Target>
Ahh, thank you, that seems like it works perfectly!

And yeah, from what I can see there's a few holes in Visustella's documentation regarding JS stuff, compared to the more in-depth examples they had on Yanfly. Can make it a bit awkward fumbling around trying to figure things out, haha. I appreciate the quick solution, though!

Weremole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
I'm trying to figure out how to work with the new Move Home feature in the action sequences. That is, I have no idea how boxwidth and boxheight refers to the pixels on screen or where the non animated enemy sprites are anchored. As awkward as this is it seems it's the best option I have to place the sprites on a tile grid.

Galkamik

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi all, I'm currently using BattleSystem_ATB for my project.

Everything seems to be working fine, although I did notice something strange when I turned on the
Use Field Gauge setting.

Every time when the party fails to escape, their icons on the field gauge flies off the bar.

I've checked the Escape Fail Penalty under Mechanics Settings and it's set to -1.00

It resets the player that uses escape back at the beginning of the gauge but for the rest of the party members, their icons shift so far back that it leaves the field guage. And sometimes off the screen too.

Has anyone encountered this problem and is there a way to fix this?
Just need to have all party members shift to the beginning of the field bar when they fail to escape.

BillyJack

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm using the full 8 wave bundle plus the stella character Generator. Everything is great but the weapons are at my warriors ankles. I haven't found a way to offset the animation for the weapons. How can I fix this?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't found a way to offset the animation for the weapons. How can I fix this?
In the contents for the Battle Core, I clicked on Sideview Battler notetags and there's a <Sideview Weapon Offset: +/-x, +/-y> tag. Should do the trick if you subtract some from the y value.

BillyJack

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Works well. Thank you.

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Could someone please clarify me how the armor system of visustella works, including the "armor reduction/penetration" tags?

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
A different question: is there any way to make TP-damaging skills with VZ? in the vanilla game, it's not possible.

bgrizzmayne

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is it possible to run a conditional check in the notetag of a skill that returns the value of another actor's ATB status and then enables the skill use based on that check?

I'm trying to make a dualtech system with the ATB plugin. In order to use a skill that involves two actors, the skill needs to only be selectable if the second involving actor's ATB bar is full. So if Actor 6 (not user) ATB bar is ready....skill is usable. Basically two or three conditional checks in the notetags of a skill to determine it's use. Is actor 6 in the party? is actor 6 alive? Is actor 6's ATB full and ready to act?

Not sure how it'd all work, but the logic is essentially:
if (actor 3 is in the party)
if (actor 3 is alive)
if (actor 3 TPB charge time = 100%)
enable skill use
else (disable skill use)

On discord- i found this:
$gameParty.members()[0].tpbChargeTime()

<JS Skill Enable>
code
code
enabled = code;
</JS Skill Enable>

Not sure how i'd configure that JS together (bit of a beginner) but my bigger question is - would this be best placed in the notetag of the skill for constant checking? I imagine it couldn't be done thru a common event, since that would only run when the skill is selected, but I'm trying to make the skill selectable only under certain conditions

Last edited:

killdude

RPD Officer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. My problem is with encoding elements into Visustella codes
For example a basic damage/healing code:

<JS Post-Damage As Target>
if((this.isHpEffect()&& value > 0){
damage = Math.ceil(damage * member.elementRate(lightningId));
member.gainHp(-damage);
member.startDamagePopup();
}
</JS Post-Damage As Target>

In this code, we can type the element ratio.But how can we add the plus and flats in Visustella's Elements and States Core plugin?(The plugin's formula is:(base + plus) * rate + flat)I tried something like this but it didn't work.
damage = Math.ceil((damage + member.elementPlus(lightningId)) * member.elementRate(lightningId));
I don't have full control over damage rates because of this situation.And I'm having serious problems with the states/skills attached to the notetags.The same problem exists in Slip Damage codes. We were able to specify the element in the Extended Damage Over Time plugin in MV and this made things much easier.
I think if I can solve the above problem, I can get the job done by typing the same formula into the Slip Damage codes.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm a master in procrastination and have finally decided to educate people in this art in a seminar in Calais. Please don't come. I won't be there.
Testing some of my custom battlers (they're all trash, sorry).

a friend of mines said I need an elevator pitch for my game. he then went and gave me his for his comic... then I realized I have no idea how to explain my game the way he did his comic lol.
How much armor is too much armor I wonder....
Some people wished to be governed. Some people wished to be ruled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanaxia