ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am a complete noob at js but, I will give a look around and see if I can find a way of doing that.
I don't know if you've already Googled it - I've seen threads on here and Reddit for implementing this in MV. Plugins might be compatible or easily modified, and solutions using stuff like Yanfly state tags would probably be able to be directly copied, just renaming the notetags as appropriate.

It would at least give you a starting point, and you can ask for help from there as necessary.

Weremole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Hey, I don't know if this is a silly question but, I want to set a system like Persona using the STB battle system. I would like to create a situation were if you "down" all the enemies by exploiting their weakness, you can make an "all-out attack" which is a feature where all the party members attack the enemies and give neutral damage. Is it possible?
That's already a plugin feature. You can set a common event to be called for when either the enemy or actor side gets downed.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's already a plugin feature. You can set a common event to be called for when either the enemy or actor side gets downed.
Of which plugin? Note that the OP's use of the word "downed" does not mean "dead."

Weremole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Of which plugin? Note that the OP's use of the word "downed" does not mean "dead."
Sorry for not being specific. The question whas in regards to the STB battle system plugin right? It has an "Exploit System" included in which you can apply states to enemies and actors when hitting them with elemental weaknesses or critical hits. This can also cause extra actions. One feature is calling a common event when a side is exploited. If a stun is the applied state you get the "downed" thing.

asuran20

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't know if you've already Googled it - I've seen threads on here and Reddit for implementing this in MV. Plugins might be compatible or easily modified, and solutions using stuff like Yanfly state tags would probably be able to be directly copied, just renaming the notetags as appropriate.

It would at least give you a starting point, and you can ask for help from there as necessary.
I haven't searched it yet. I will take a look at these threads, thank you!
Hey mate, I found what you are talking about. That function was definitely the last I would look at due to the name they put there. You mean this, right?
1672620821970.png

This certainly makes the job a lot easier. It was my bad for missing this, I just need to set it to give the option to use the attack and event it. Much easier than script in my opinion. Thank you for telling me about this, I would never find it.

Weremole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
I haven't searched it yet. I will take a look at these threads, thank you!

Hey mate, I found what you are talking about. That function was definitely the last I would look at due to the name they put there. You mean this, right?
View attachment 249484

This certainly makes the job a lot easier. It was my bad for missing this, I just need to set it to give the option to use the attack and event it. Much easier than script in my opinion. Thank you for telling me about this, I would never find it.
Reading the plugin documentation helps a lot. Since action sequences are already plugin commands in common events you can make the entire thing as fancy as you want.

asuran20

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Reading the plugin documentation helps a lot. Since action sequences are already plugin commands in common events you can make the entire thing as fancy as you want.
Well, I made sure to read it from top to bottom but, I don't know how I missed this. I think I was already tired from reading these help files for hours and ended up forgetting about it. I will try to use action sequence plugins and the battle core to give it a more stylish look.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I can't believe I forgot that command was there.

Konan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello,
Is it possible to move the status menu to another graphic and move it further to the right instead of taking the portrait menu graphic from the main menu? I tried this code but it overwrites the graphic and after that the graphic has been taken over from the status menu in the main menu Graphic.

Code:
// Draw Actor Image
const portraitName = actor._menuImage.replace('_status', '');
 if (actor.getMenuImage() !== '') {
    actor._menuImage = portraitName + "_status";
    }
else {
this.drawActorGraphic(actor, gx, gy, gw, gh);
}

epson777341

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Does anybody know why this happens? I'm trying to give my enemies icons indicating seperate variants.image_2023-01-24_222236349.pngMy enemy's names don't display icons. I'm using the Visustella Elementand Status Core, Can it not do icons in the formatting code?

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My enemy's names don't display icons. I'm using the Visustella Elementand Status Core, Can it not do icons in the formatting code?
Erm...can you post a screenshot of the formatting code? I don't see anything in the documentation for that plugin that would have anything to do with changing an icon or interacting with a turn order display.

I only see notetags and plugin commands about that in the Battle System STB plugin.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I spent a lot of time trying to get icons into the battlers' names and as far as I can see it cannot be done from within the VS plugins.

It can be done using Eliaquim's Global Text plugin, but that will remove centralised text in other windows. If you are not using automatically centralised text then that's not a problem.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I spent a lot of time trying to get icons into the battlers' names and as far as I can see it cannot be done from within the VS plugins.
OH! I see now was the OP was trying to point out!

I was focused on the top row, where the enemy turn order doesn't have any icons, I thought they were trying to do that. I didn't notice the enemy names beneath the battlers at all.

Yes, you're absolutely right, the plugin mentioned by the OP doesn't have anything to do with adding text codes to new places, you'd need Eli's plugin or something similar.

epson777341

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I see. Thanks Kes. I guess I'll just use.... Emoticons, Those seem to work. It's weird that it's not able to display icons, almost everything else does.

Oggy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is there a way to add a wait to a js notetag? Like if i wanted an effect to apply to the user but after they move back to their home space.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is there a way to add a wait to a js notetag? Like if i wanted an effect to apply to the user but after they move back to their home space.
Not in the notetag itself, no. You can put a wait into an action sequence.

Oggy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hmmm I've tried the action sequence and it doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm trying to do a % of damage dealt healed back to the player. But i want the heal portion to take place after they move back to home.

The basic sequence works the actor moves to target strikes and moves back. Then the next spot starts fine, the animation plays on the character but the heal does damage to the player.

Saireau

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe you could play an animation in the notetag that has a duration, but no graphics?

Lufos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey guys,

I'm trying to implement a skill, that is only enabled, when a shield is equiped. What i got so far is a script, that checks, if the offhand slot is empty.

<JS Skill Enable>
if (user._equips[1]._itemId == 0)
{value = false;}
else {value = true;}
enabled = value;
</JS Skill Enable>

It works, but I would like to be a bit more specific. Is there a way to check for item types and/or categories? Any help would be appreciated. :)

Regards
Lufos

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It works, but I would like to be a bit more specific. Is there a way to check for item types and/or categories?
You already are retrieving the item in that slot (a little problematically, but we'll look at that below), so you can simply look at those fields instead of just the ID.

I'm not sure what "categories" means, as that is not a field in RPG Maker. But the Armor Type is .atypeId, and that will correspond to the Armor Types numbers on the Types tab of your database.

I offer some notes about your code. They range from things that could cause crashes to just better or more efficient style:

- You should avoid calling the _equips array directly. When a getter function is provided to you, it's best practice to use that. That way, any plugins that modify how equipment works should still report the correct information to you. It also changes what kind of data object you're getting.

- If statements and loops automatically apply to the next single code statement. So there's no need to type braces unless you're doing more than one thing and you need to create a code block. It doesn't hurt anything, but it looks a little silly :wink:

- What is the "value" thing you're referring to? It appears to be a variable that you're creating without declaring it. JavaScript will let you do that, but it's not good practice. Also, you're creating one variable just to give its value to "enabled" - why wouldn't you just type "enabled" in those places instead?

- Working off of that, for a bit of efficiency - if you are ever finding yourself setting a boolean value using if/else, you can always just skip it and set it directly to the result of the conditional.

- Your conditional can cause erroneous results or crash your game. You're specifically looking at the item in the Shield slot to have an item ID of 0. This will never be true. Your item IDs start at 1. If the user has nothing equipped as a Shield and you try to look at the _itemId property, your game could crash with an error. The better way to do this is to simply ask "is there anything in that slot?" If there's some reason you need to look at specific properties of the theoretical item, you do so after making sure it exists. In MZ, you can do that with the optional chaining operator.

So a better version of your notetag would be:
Code:
<JS Skill Enable>
enabled=user.equips()[1]!=null;
</JS Skill Enable>

If you have multiple equipment types that could go in the shield slot, you can use the optional chaining operator - that says "does this property exist, and then does it have the value I'm looking at?"

Code:
enabled=user.equips()[1]?.atypeId==3;

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Calibrating the timing of dialogue is deffo my new least favorite thing.
I died aged 27 to cancer. Then I was reborn in a South-American state. I retained all memories and skill and had a goal from my previous life I needed to finish, but now I was just a 1-year-old girl capable of only smiling at others.

Dreams like this one make me glad I'm able to wake up from them at will.
Found a critical bug the other day with the time system that would have caused none of the NPCs to spawn. Since I use dev mode to test time-based stuff, I didn't catch this for way too long!
Last missing piece, a plugin to let weapons and armor be used as multiple equip types
What if the Actor Battlers disappeared when your selecting enemies...
ndyhHXV.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Evolsuperx