Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@stevenblanc As I was one of the coders helping to develop the library, I have access to all the plugins so I can provide support with any of them. :) I haven't played with the Party System yet but I'll look into this and the other new queries when I have some time.

@DigitalWF This thread is more for support with achieving effects using notetags or plugin parameters; if you're experiencing errors or unexpected behaviour, you should submit a bug report using the form.

noside28

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
@noside28 Do you mean the social media buttons? They're under Menu Layout Settings -> Scene_Title -> Title Picture Buttons.
Thanks a lot. I manually look for the code and delete it because I can't find the option to edit it. Lol

RaverRouge

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@PauloHPBender Yes, I tried your method and it made me a fool with a working game mechanic. After your answer, I double-checked the wiki for the Skills and States plugin and realized that I either overlooked the solution or just didn't understand it when I read it the first time. Thank you very much for the help!

Rairyu112

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm currently in a pickle and could use help.

I have a race that I've created. I want to give it a passive state that if it has a certain element type, it gains resistance to that element. I figure a conditional passive might be the best way to go. Except, I'm not entirely sure how to proceed.

Any tips or suggestions would be extremely beneficial.

stevenblanc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Trihan Well that's good to know! Excellent. As we are looking into it; another function I'm looking at that I'm not seeing in any of the core or second wave plugins is the ability to hide a sealed equip slot.

For example: I have a cast of human actors with the usual slots: weapon, head, body, feet, accessory slots. However, I have one or two animal companions who only have accessory slots. Took a look at the help files and a command to hide it.

PauloHPBender

Delirious Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
I didn't undertand that part. What do you mean by it? If the actor takes damage from a certain element, it gains resistance against it? If the actor learns some elemental spells, it gains resistance, in some sort of "elemental expertise"?

Rairyu112

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I didn't undertand that part. What do you mean by it? If the actor takes damage from a certain element, it gains resistance against it? If the actor learns some elemental spells, it gains resistance, in some sort of "elemental expertise"?

I assume you meant me,

I'll go into greater detail

I have a Dragon-based Race set up. I also have the Elements set up. I'm trying to create a passive state that when the Race is of a certain Element, it has resistance of it, without creating 10 different dragon racial types. (Mostly because in my game, dragons can end up earning three different elements.)

I figured the easiest way to do it, was to create two sets of States. One State that gives the creature its "Element" to define it. But the second state is the passive state that has a passive condition that as long as: If a character/enemy has a state from the first state, then the state from the second passive state is on.

Unless there is an easier way to achieve this.

PauloHPBender

Delirious Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Trihan Well that's good to know! Excellent. As we are looking into it; another function I'm looking at that I'm not seeing in any of the core or second wave plugins is the ability to hide a sealed equip slot.

For example: I have a cast of human actors with the usual slots: weapon, head, body, feet, accessory slots. However, I have one or two animal companions who only have accessory slots. Took a look at the help files and a command to hide it.
Found what you're looking for in Items and Equips Core, right here. You can also use the "Seal Equip" trait, but it's gonna show the equip slots, making them unaccessible.
1599856930227.png

PauloHPBender

Delirious Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
I assume you meant me,

I'll go into greater detail

I have a Dragon-based Race set up. I also have the Elements set up. I'm trying to create a passive state that when the Race is of a certain Element, it has resistance of it, without creating 10 different dragon racial types. (Mostly because in my game, dragons can end up earning three different elements.)

I figured the easiest way to do it, was to create two sets of States. One State that gives the creature its "Element" to define it. But the second state is the passive state that has a passive condition that as long as: If a character/enemy has a state from the first state, then the state from the second passive state is on.

Unless there is an easier way to achieve this.
I have an idea, but please be assured that's a rushed idea:

For this example, let's assume only 3 elements:
- Fire
- Ice
- Lightning

you're gonna make 6 passive states:

3 will be stored in your Dragon race:
- [10]Fire Dragon Resistance
- [11] Ice Dragon Resistance
- [12] Lightning Dragon Resistance

These states don't do anything; they are invisible and useless on their own.

3 will be stored in your Elements trait sets:
- [20] Fire Dragon Bonus (stored in your Fire Element trait set)
- [21] Ice Dragon Bonus (stored in your Ice Element trait set)
- [22] Lightning Dragon Bonus (stored in your Lightning Element trait set)

These will be passive states that grant their actual resistances. The trick lies in their notetags:

Fire Dragon Bonus requires Fire Dragon Resistance state (ID 10):
<JS Passive Condition>
user.isStateAffected(10);
</JS Passive Condition>

Ice Dragon Bonus requires Ice Dragon Resistance state (ID 11):
<JS Passive Condition>
user.isStateAffected(11);
</JS Passive Condition>

Lightning Dragon Bonus requires Lightning Dragon Resistance state (ID 12):
<JS Passive Condition>
user.isStateAffected(12);
</JS Passive Condition>

There are probably a lot of better ways to achieve this, but this is what I could think of while driving.

PauloHPBender

Delirious Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey there, @Trihan ! I thought that I was able to pull off the "Fire Eater" code in my state... Would you kindly help me with this one, pal?

Rairyu112

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@PauloHPBender

Alright, so I played around with it for a bit.

It seems to apply it to every character no matter the race. The moment I place those elements on a character, they have the resistance. Not just the Dragon-base Race.

labunga

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi guys, I have a super simple question about Main & Sub Element Sets.
I want Main Element Set: Light - to be strong and weak against Darkness for example.
What I mean is, I want the character to hit harder against Dark enemies, and at same time, take more damage against Dark enemies.
But the element set only has 1 number, and I'm not exactly even sure what that number means - attack or defense?

Is there a way we can set it like above?

Thank you!

Rairyu112

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi guys, I have a super simple question about Main & Sub Element Sets.
I want Main Element Set: Light - to be strong and weak against Darkness for example.
What I mean is, I want the character to hit harder against Dark enemies, and at same time, take more damage against Dark enemies.
But the element set only has 1 number, and I'm not exactly even sure what that number means - attack or defense?

Is there a way we can set it like above?

Thank you!

That just increases overall damage, if I'm not mistaken. An easier way to do it that might sound a little round about is:

I'll explain a simple step by step with the example above:

1) Create a Light Vulnerability State
2) In the Traits, select Elemental Rate (Light) and the number is 110% (10% more damage)
3) Add the state number to the passive list for Dark
4) Follow Steps 1-3 for Light except the Elemental Rate would be (Dark), and Passive List for Light

What this does for you is equip the Passive State to Dark to increase damage done to it Light. And vice Versa.

Mister_Flats

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Question about custom skill cost types. I've been playing around with it all morning trying to implement a skill cost / resource based on a variable. Back in MV I would use code in state notetags to have the state act as a resource using a stacking function, but I have a feeling it can be done using the built-in plugin features.

I haven't had much luck getting the cost type to pull the current value. I've been referencing the 'potion' cost type to try and find how it is pulling its information.

Potion uses the following:
// Declare Variables

const user = this;

const item = $dataItems[7];

// Return value

return $gameParty.numItems(item);

I tried using Variable 2 as an example. I'm getting undefined errors so I know this isn't the correct way to call it, but I'm wondering if I'm at least on the right track with the concept.

// Declare Variables

const user = this;

const item = $gameVariables[2];

// Return value

return $gameVariables[2];

Edit: After further testing, I've found that I could essentially use the potion model on a hidden item to have it calculate costs, so if we cannot use variables for skill costs then this is an alternative.

Last edited:

Obipandawan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
having an issue with SV battlers for enemies i keep getting this same error everytime they goto attack./

Rexxon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I thought I would offer a suggestion.

For the Element/Status Core, on the Elements Page of the status window, is it possible to increase the number of columns on the Elemental Resistance and Bonus Damage sections to have more than one column?

I ask because I have a lot of elements in my game, and I can only show 11 of them on the window at any time. I don't see an option to scroll the Elements /Bonus Damage sections of the window.

So, please, an option to either scroll the windows to allow for more than 11 elements displayed, or more columns to allow more info to be shown? Please?

Thank you for your time.

PauloHPBender

Delirious Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I thought I would offer a suggestion.

For the Element/Status Core, on the Elements Page of the status window, is it possible to increase the number of columns on the Elemental Resistance and Bonus Damage sections to have more than one column?

I ask because I have a lot of elements in my game, and I can only show 11 of them on the window at any time. I don't see an option to scroll the Elements /Bonus Damage sections of the window.

So, please, an option to either scroll the windows to allow for more than 11 elements displayed, or more columns to allow more info to be shown? Please?

Thank you for your time.
It's possible to adjuts how many columns and rows each scene will have, and Visustella made a incredible job giving access to us to change it. Look at "JS Code" on the Plugin Parameters, there's a LOT that can be customizable through logic.

Rexxon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's possible to adjuts how many columns and rows each scene will have, and Visustella made a incredible job giving access to us to change it. Look at "JS Code" on the Plugin Parameters, there's a LOT that can be customizable through logic.
Thank you for the information.

I will admit, Javascript looks incredibly complicated for me.

For now, I guess I will just have to tinker around with it and see what happens. I just wanted to offer a suggestion for possible improvements.

Thank you for your time.

jlusco

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Eng
Primarily Uses
What is the note tag to have an SV enemy show a weapon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Why is there so much month left at the end of money? D=
Hello humans! How goes your day in this journey of living? I hope it is good, for I am human like you, and I am feeling great! Worship the altar.
Sand is basically small rocks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Parzival