The official VisuStella notetag help thread

KotCR

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Trihan said:
@_KotCR I don't think there are specific notetags for it, but you can manipulate an actor's equipment using scripts anyway. The _equips property contains an array of Game_Item instances corresponding to the equipment they have on, and can be freely replaced with others (using $dataWeapons[id] or $dataArmors[id])
Sorry, bit late in my reply, been doing other things, but I meant the actual equipment slots, not the gear itself.
For example, if an actor gains a state, they have 3 accessory slots instead of 2 accessory slots.

Blayze

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don’t know how to add the game credits to the title screen.

I went into the core engine plugin parameters, and added “credits“ as a title screen option, but I don’t know how to set up the JS stuff there to actually get the credits to show up.

Also should I make the credits via text file or common event?
(I’m pretty sure either one could work)

HoofedEar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Is there a way to remove the Magic Defense and Magic attack from the game window using MainMenuCore?:
1600393249347.png

CrocPirate

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So I'm trying to make an item which changes price based on Variable 16. But the code is not working.
Code:
<JS Buy Price>
if ($gameVariables.value(16) === 10){
  var HealPrice = 10;
}
price = 50 + HealPrice;
</JS Buy Price>

stevenblanc

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm looking at events with images larger than 48x48; does anyone know if there are any notetags for positioning? i.e a 2x2 tiles sprite being left aligned or right aligned instead of centered horizontally? Just looking at reducing filesizes, otherwise i can make the same 2x2 tile charset into a 3 x 2 tile charset and achieve the same results.

EDIT: Nevermind I can use the sprite offset notetags in event core. Cheers!

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have a question regarding the ATB Battle System plugin: https://visustellamz.itch.io/battle-system-atb

Where do I set a note-tag for critical attacks? How do I set the parameters so that each critical hit (whether attack or skill) is going to be a guarantee interrupt on the target? Thanks so much! :D

SoCalAshez

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm also using the ATB battle system (which is freaking awesome of course, a little wonky with the battle log positioning but that can be adjusted easily) and I found that on game play (not playtest) the characters get a gray bar above the ATB bar on their face status area and I can't understand why. Like it increases and decreases on its own but doesn't seem to do anything meaningful. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thank You!

Saireau

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would like to restore an actor's MP by 5 when an ally is hit. I would also like to restore an actor's MP by 5 when he crits or evades. Both abilities are character abilities, so if it can be done without states, that would be great. :)

Thank you!

Cyberhawk

Bravelion Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm also using the ATB battle system (which is freaking awesome of course, a little wonky with the battle log positioning but that can be adjusted easily) and I found that on game play (not playtest) the characters get a gray bar above the ATB bar on their face status area and I can't understand why. Like it increases and decreases on its own but doesn't seem to do anything meaningful. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thank You!
That's the aggro meter. THe more you have the more likely you'll be attacked. That's if you have the plugin though.

SoCalAshez

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That's the aggro meter. THe more you have the more likely you'll be attacked. That's if you have the plugin though.
That makes sooo much sense! thank you! I'll have to make a tutorial image or something then to explain in game!

Dio_Brando

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
is there a way to associate a trait for armor or weapons and increase stats if the actor using it matches the trait?

Cyberhawk

Bravelion Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Tryin to figure out the right code for a party member to take other allies aggro and add it to his own.

Ys42

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ive read through all 8 pages, and was unable to find any of this, so please:
1) Action sequence to simply change first person enemy battlers image for attacks, getting hit (if they are differ drastically). I.e. if the enemy use skill X, change enemy image to Z for this attack, then change it back to default
2) Action sequence to signal that on the next turn enemy gonna use some STRONG skil, maybe message on screen, or change to enemy image is also good
3) enflame, i.e. add element X damage to all attacks as a state, also this damage is reduced by appropriate elemental resistance.
4) While using skill to damage enemy, user himself gets some state effect, would love to make "damage enemy + increase your own agility"
Thank you in advance, much appreciated!

Austrian

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey all, I just had a quick question about the aggro meter.
Does anyone know if there's a cap? Or does aggro continuously add up assuming there's nothing being applied to reduce aggro?

cabanas_ds

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I cant get the script for Events Move Core to work using ‘’Move To: 1,1’’ ect.

Currently looking for alternatives to visustella cause it doesnt seem to work as good. I am a noob tho.

oriongates

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm working with the event core and I'm using the <label: text> notetag to make an icon appear over an event. I'm using <label: /I[n]> rather than the <icon: x> tag, because of the option for <label range: x> to make it so the label only appears when the player is next to the event, serving as an indicator that the event is intractable.

However, a range of 1 covers a full square surrounding the event, not just the adjacent (NSEW) squares, which is a little awkward. Anyone know of a way to get it to just affect the 4 immediately adjacent tiles?

DanielTsc

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello. Regarding optimization, I've noticed that when using the BattleCore plugin, the game's FPS drops drastically, from 60 FPS to around 40 FPS when in battle.

I am just testing the plugins, so I just created a new project, added the Core Engine and BattleCore Plugins, and just by doing that, it happens.

Just by disabling the Battle Core plugin, the battle FPS rises again to 60 FPS.

Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:

Austrian

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Anyone getting the Battle Core A.I.? I am having a little issue. I placed this info into one of my skill notetags:

<Any AI Conditions>
20% Chance
</Any AI Conditions>

And the enemy seems to trigger the skill 100% of the time rather than a random 20% chance of it triggering. Not sure what I am missing.

Also I did remove the ANY and ALL functions in the plugin parameters as I prefer to setup AI skills manually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Officially not a mod anymore. Thanks for the many years!
Thinking if i should post on the classifieds section...
Made another plugin showcase video! :kaojoy:
(Plugins and details inside the description of the YouTube video.) :LZScheeze:
Ami
Castle is my Biggest Fear :kaodes:. I just Managed make Part by Part (like the Entrance only),not the Entire Castle like in the RM Sample...
This video really speaks to me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duskpyx