The Overwatch Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Canini, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Scythuz

Scythuz Explorer Bot *beep beep* Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Honestly, I want a completely new game mode for the event. Lucio Ball was cool for about 5 minutes until I realised I could just play Rocket League instead and have way more fun with it. If they *really* want to stick with a ball themed mode they should at least make it Doomfist ball ;)

2. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If we don't get a baseball pitcher zenyatta skin I'm going to be disappointed.

Canini and Scythuz like this.
  3. Scythuz

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I want to believe!

Edit: @Touchfuzzy

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Touchfuzzy likes this.
  4. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    IT'S HAPPENING

Canini and Scythuz like this.
  5. zacheatscrackers

zacheatscrackers Machinehead Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It totally happened. Life is good.

6. Canini

Canini Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Baseball Zenyatta has ridiculously tiny feet compared to his other skins.
    [​IMG]

7. Akihiko

Akihiko Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I mentioned it in another thread, but I was gifted Overwatch a day or two ago, so I'm really new. I've been enjoying it a lot so far. :kaojoy:

I didn't know what character to play as, so for fun, I decided to do a "Which Overwatch character are you?" quiz. I planned on taking a character quiz everyday, and playing as that character for the rest of the day until I found a character I liked.

I've been playing as McCree and it turns out I really enjoy playing as him, so I think I'm just going to stick with him instead of trying out the others for now.

Canini likes this.
  8. Canini

Canini Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Mcree is really fun, I am thinking of getting his golden gun next. I think his kit is pretty fair (sure flashbang is not fun but it is possible to play around it) and requires some actual thought and skill. He does not rely on his ult but it is useful for zoning and getting picks on the healers.

Has anybody tried the new Busan map on the PTR? Does anybody know when it will drop?

9. zacheatscrackers

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Been playing Pharah with the Asp skin for a while now, and my god is it pretty

[​IMG]
    That armor and hairdo go together like bread and butter, it's amazing. I've been getting really good as her on the gameplay end, too; she's hella destructive in the right hands, especially in competitive. Got countless PoTGs with her due to well-timed ults, so satisfying <3

Canini likes this.
  10. Canini

Canini Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    I love egyptian aestetics and I fully agree that is the best skin for Phara by far. I kinda regret maining Junkrat instead of Phara because Phara will help you carry into at least Platinum while a good Junkrat starts getting counterplayed in middle-high gold. At least that is my experience.

zacheatscrackers likes this.
  11. Scythuz

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Has anybody had the chance to play as Ashe on the PTR yet? If you have, what do you think of her?

12. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No but I wanna play that Calamity Jane, she looks like a character that will create ripples on staple team recipes.

13. ABandit

ABandit Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Ashe is terrifying in the right hands--not mine :kaoswt2:
    I expect many B.O.B. shenanigans as well.

14. zacheatscrackers

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Haven't played her yet. All I know is, Jennifer Hale is amazin <3 <3

15. Canini

Canini Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Ashe is a really great character and I think she is well-balanced (Maybe nerf B.O.Bs health down to 1000 or so) for the game. I am sorely tempted to get her golden gun, if only for the fact that on the PTR it apparently turns B.O.B solid gold. The problem is, I am not actually good at playing her.

[​IMG]

16. Scythuz

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I think Ashe has been really good for the game so far, as have the roadhog and reaper buffs. I wonder how the long awaited Brigitte and Doomfist nerfs will affect the game?

17. Canini

Canini Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    I personally find Ashe way too "slippery" to play. Her shoots when zoomed in seem to have some delay to them, her dynamite do not behave like it should (it feels way too weightless) and I find aiming where B.O.B ends up being really difficult. But I think she fits a good niche in the game for those that can play her.

Also her potgs are bugged since shooting the dynamite counts as an elim (somehow). Meaning that in mayhem mode:

Dreadshadow and Scythuz like this.
  18. Scythuz

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Canini From what I know, she has lag when initially aiming down sights and blizzard are working on fixing that. There's also a no hit-reg bug specifiically on her, on top of the normal bug that usually comes from network problems. For a Brit like me who plays on NA with 115 ping minimum all the way up to 250 ping for Filipino servers, this is quite the problem as I already have to deal with shots registering on my end but not on the server end.

I think Bob needs a visual indicator on initial cast like you would get for Sym's ult, Mei's wall etc. The vast majority of the time I see Bob go "the wrong way" really it's just because A. he's bigger than most people expect so he gets stuck on walls and B. there's a bit of a delay between when you use him and when he goes towards where you pointed, so if you're move even a little bit he will go where you originally pointed a little bit after you first pressed q/ult, not where you currently are. You could even have the indicator stay behind for a bit until Bob is actually set up, so you can keep track of him.

I didn't like the dynamite at first either but then I realised it needs to be thrown pretty unrealistically far (if that's what you mean by weightless) for it to work properly. It's actually really good once you get the hang of it but I wish you could "charge" it up so you can throw it at the normal distance/power at max and less when you just tap it. The potg bug is pretty dumb, it reminds me of the old Rialto gondoliers one :p

Canini likes this.
  19. Canini

Canini Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Winter Wonderland hits today! No new gamemodes unfortunately but at least some neat-looking skin. The new one for Lucio is a must-have!
    [​IMG]