Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Tanya, a young woman attending the Academy of Life Arts, is relentlessly bullied by another pupil. One day, she is encouraged to explore the archipelago where she lives. A mysterious earthquake previously destroyed the main bridge between her island and the rest, but the scheduled repair time is fast approaching. Seeing an opportunity to find new ways to resolve her conflict, she embarks upon a journey across the islands, not quite sure what she is looking for, but thankful for the change of scenery. Along the way, she will meet a variety of characters, sneak through forest paths, pilot a variety of vehicles, solve puzzles and help the inhabitants of the islands she calls home in myriad ways.

As a pacifist, Tanya must seek ways past her bully that do not involve violence. Stealth & Speed are integral to accomplishing this task. Since Kelly is quite good at anticipating your next move, she has set up to ambush you along the way. As such, you must seek your way past her. But Kelly knows a lot of other bullies throughout the archipelago, and she has recruited some help, too. Use stealth to sneak past the bullies and continue your journey to wisdom and enlightenment.

Tanya: A young woman attending the Academy of Life Arts. While she only has a couple of years left until graduation, she has grown tired of dealing with Kelly, another pupil at the ALA. A pacifist to the core, she has always abhorred violence and never understood its place or function among a civilized people.

Kelly: A mean spirited student at the Academy of Life Arts. Though much younger in years than Tanya, she makes up for it with a fierce and tenacious bullying campaign directed mainly at Tanya, but she will unleash on anyone who she feels is in need of it.

Screenshots:

boop

Credits

Graphics:

Enterbrain

Philtered Khaos

Snowfire

Darth Saber

Alex Strickland

Associated Press

Music:

Enterbrain

Human Tragedy

Murray Atkinson

Alexander Nakarada

Sound Effects:

Mike Koenig

Bajko

Inspector J

Philtered Khaos

Script:

Jet10985

Venima

MakerSystems

Karin's Soulkeeper

Lone Wolf

-Testers-

AbyssalDarkness

Alexander Amnell

amaSenpai

Padr81

Special Thanks:

SnowFire

the denizens of:

RPGMakerCentral.com/

RPGMakerWeb.com

RPGMaker.net

Copyright 2015 Sleep Chamber Productions

Developer's Note: This game is a labor of love. I started it in 2014 when I first started using RPG Maker. I figured I could have it done in a week, and I would learn the engine as I went. 5 years later, I am still trying to make this game better and better. It has grown quite large, though it is still a very short game. I hope you enjoy this game and I look forward to updating it with more and better content.

Last edited:

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is the first project I started. I figured I would have it done in 1 week, a month at most and I would be done, and be master RM'er. Hahaha, that was last year. In September. The title is a play on words and kind of a joke. I am pretty much done with this project, but I am implementing a little bit more gameplay elements so the maps aren't so empty and then I am off to bug hunting. Testers would be greatly appreciated, as the game is now 90 mins long. I can offer at least as much of my time to test your own projects. No demo is publicly available at this time since it would comprise the entirety of the game. PM me if you want to help! Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

amaSenpai

LP: amaSenpai
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I appreciate the title!

Are there no enemies aside from bullies? I also wonder why these children are allowed to act like this without pun-ishment (sorry). I would be interested in playing and giving some feedback.

I would like to make a video LP as well, but if you prefer me not to I will just give you my thoughts and suggestions.

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Awesome! Thank you for your interest!
No, there are no enemies. And you don't even fight them. You just sneak by with stealth skills!

Currently the world feels really empty, since there aren't really a lot of NPCs that aren't tied to the story. And there isn't much for stealth events (Only 3), and the story falls a little flat at the end. It needs a little bit more detail to make sense, I think.

I am currently trying to get a few projects released (game pages, and the like) but I plan on continuing development of The Passafist in a week at most. It really just needs a little polish on the word boxes, and a little bit more content. However, I will pm you a download link if you'd like, and a LP is absolutely fine. but everytime I playthrough it, it feels like a lonely world :p

I just ask one thing, when you give me feedback, please don't sugarcoat. Don't worry about "my feelings" being hurt. I went through public school, I don't have those anymore! :p Seriously, though, I want raw, unfiltered feedback so I can make improvements upon my games. Thanks! Have a good day!

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So, I failed to have a backup copy, and I experienced troubles with my comp. I saved my progress, it was taking its time on my poopy laptop and I closed the screen...

When I unlocked my comp and tried to rerun RMVXA, it said "Unexpected file format". I don't know what that means or how to fix it, so my game is, as of now, broken and

unfixable so I will unfortunately be abandoning the project and leaving the demo in it's current state.
While it was 99.99999999999999% percent RTP with my few custom tiles (which aren't super RTP friendly lol)and a face from the generator, I was proud of what it was becoming, a silly game about a bullied girl on a quest to overcome her bully through non-violence. Oh well, such is life when you don't make backups! (HEY! Go backup your files if you haven't. Seriously.)

Fortunately, I had two other pretty major projects I was working on, so I still have a project to work on and not lose interest because of the Great Data Sink.

Keep your eyes out for my next projects!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Heh. Turns out I got my copy of this game's project files to work again. I lost a little bit of what I had made, but I have added so much more new content, that the loss is negligible at best.

I have been putting my nose to the grindstone for some time now, and I have made a great many improvements!
I have added a lot of backstory, filled in some gaps in the story and I've even implemented some easter eggs!

I have also added some gameplay content, and I am trying to work the bugs out of my chase sequence near the end. It was just a big gap of empty forest map, but now there are things to do!
If I ever put down my other 3 projects and focus on just this one, I could have it completed in a matter of days.

Feldschlacht IV

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Quick bit of advice; when you're posting screenshots (not just here, but anywhere), try to crop it so the window box icons on the top/top left aren't present; it helps big time on presentation! 

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
*face palm* :headshake: that is a very good point!

Thanks for the heads up!

*double face palm* I'll have to fix that screenshot of the house with the roof sticking out WAY past the walls, too...

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Feldschlacht IV Thanks for the advice! I got those ugly bits of screenshot cropped up and it does look nicer!

Quick Update: I have been hard at work adding backstory for NPCs, I've added some gameplay mechanics, and I spent nearly 24 hours making an animated cutscene using GIMP, the editor and "show picture" function. It lasts about 5 seconds... :guffaw: Gotta love animation. (My cousin and I used to do stop animation with a video camera and hand made clay models. Hours were spent for seconds.)

Working on adding one last segment for stealth and maybe a few more easter eggs, then I might just go for a full release! 1st one started , 6th one finished! Woot!

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Whew! I have made a LOT of additions to this game. I have added a tons of new content, including custom animations and music. Lots of journal pages to find, which tells the tale of an important character. You have to adventure and search, and travel the world to find all 15 pages, but if you find enough, you will even get to play through some of the characters backstory!

Last edited:

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well, it is mostly in a state I am proud of. I am just trying to find some help with working out and final bugs and what not, but it's nearly there. Almost 2 and a half years after my "1 week game challenge" which turned into 130-week challenge. Just ironing out the last bits, and then I will wash my hands of this project and carry on to something better and bigger.

Last edited:

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well, another week later and I find myself ironing out details still. I have even added a little bit more content, because I wanted to beef it up a little bit. Padding, if you will, but not the bad, useless kind of padding. Maybe soon I will say I am finally done and turn it loose.

But I doubt it. I will probably keep tinkering and tinkering, never satisfied with my RTP bloated abomination. Its a good game if you look past the RTP. However, I find myself trying to remember why I thought using as much RTP as I could on my first game would be a good idea. My only consolation is that there is a fair amount of custom assets created by me for this game. Enjoy!

Also: Looking for Testers/Guinea Pigs. It's about 90 minutes from start to finish.

Last edited:

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm so bad at this "Release a game in a timely manner" shtick, but dang it I'm going to keep on keeping on.

This is yet another update, 18 months later. I have added a lot of content, added new NPC's, fixed passability issues and some of the other more loathesome bugs. A few re-writings of NPC dialogue and the addition of new maps has all yielded a larger-than-first -anticipated game. Now, if anyone is willing to guinea pig themselves for the cause, I would be deeply indebted to your selfless strength of character. Let me know and I will set you up with this beast.

Note: Testers must be willing to be critically vicious, lacking most common forms of empathy and comfortable with totally eviscerating my brain baby which I am not really too invested in as far as my identity goes. You can call it s*** if you truly feel that way...I'll just take it around until I find a sycophant to "tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies..." /FleetwoodMac

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't see any of the images in your OP. Are they missing, or is it just my browser?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am once again escalating in the kitchen. I might or might not be 4 types of cookies into baking and not finished...
Today is a great day!
A bust of my character, Lizzabelle, that I put together in GIMP. I combined the RMMZ generated face with my actual illustration of her. This is just me experimenting with busts. I don't really want to use busts in dialogue, but perhaps in the character menu.

2Ixbzbd.png
How many people actually like action commands? (Which is pressing a button at the right time during an attack to deal more damage.)
It is a curse and a blessing getting better at javascript after each plugin... Now I am considering changing two previous plugins completely, and they're not small plugins either -.-' Not to mention that I'll add more features... This is why I never manage to release a game, I just keep updating everything I've already done :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ray9unn