RMMV The Quest - Idea for a game

Discussion in 'Ideas and Prototypes' started by ValentinaSama67, Aug 25, 2018.

1. ValentinaSama67

ValentinaSama67 Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello! I'm just passing by to show my game idea in hopes of getting feedback. I only have a few maps made for the project, but I do have a little notion of which direction I want it to follow.
    So here comes;

Working title; The quest

Characters;
    Note; I will be using the "default" characters, since for some reason I kinda like them!

• Harold: Young and courageous boy, has quite the guts and is kind to the soul. Harold is still in his teens, and is still trying his best to meet everyone's expectations of him, since he was born such a skilled swordsman. The boy has a lot to learn but even so managed to get Therese to let him join in a big quest she was going, "so he could learn more".
    • Therese: The gentle warrior lady who has a strong heart. Different from most people's thoughts of her, she is a very warm person with a heart of gold. Therese has been struggling with a lot of different things ever since Harold's parents died, leaving their newborn son in her hands. One of the things Therese is trying her best at, is hiding the truth of his parents from Harold, since it's a secret she wants to take to her grave.
    • Lucius: Always spending time in the tavern with his lover Marsha. He is very good friends with Therese and Harold, generally acting like a father to the latter. He is a very skilled Priest that came from another city. Lucius might look like it, but he is no fool, he knows that something is up with Therese these past few years, now more than ever. Something related to Harold but he can't put his finger on what it is exactly.
    • Marsha: The intelligent sorcerer who is lovers with Lucius. She is the main protector of the Northpass village and is always in good terms with the elder. Always caring for her friends, Harold and Therese. She is not the type to suspect her friends and is very trusting, sometimes too trusting. Even though Marsha is very short and thin, she is actually much older and powerful than other sorcerers around.
    Plot/Story;
    • Therese has finally allowed young Harold to go with her in a quest accompanied by Marsha and Lucius. The group has been sent to find an ancient sword for a scholar. Just when the group found the sword deep inside a cave, time seemed to stop while Harold found himself speaking to the sword and taking it for himself before fainting.
    • After that, the boy wakes up in a infirmary with a worried Therese. She tells Harold that before she could blink he grabbed the sword and fainted, so Therese and the other two took him to the closest town, which happened to be the capital of the kingdom. Harold decides to keep quiet about what really happened.
    • When Harold recovered, the group went to give the sword back to the scholar they were supposed to. However, the Scholar said that they could keep the sword; He "felt that great things would come if they kept it", and so, the group left with the ancient sword.
    • Therese decides that the group should stay in the capital for some time before heading back to their village. Just when they thought everything was fine, the city was invaded by mutiple masked men, they seemed to be wanting to get "the Abyssal Blade" for their master.
    • Our group manages to escape from the city, but even so, Therese and Lucius knew that something was up, something related to Harold's sword. And so, the story centers around Harold and the sword that was bound to his soul the moment he touched it. Our main heroes will not only have to find a way to free Harold from the sword, but also reveal things from the past that have been buried a long time ago while the fate that wraps itself around Harold keeps on gripping tight.

Map Screenshots;

Screenshots of the maps I made for the prototype, they might change or be completed remade, but feedback is welcome!
    [​IMG]
    This is Northpass Village, the main Village where all main characters come from/live nearby. I used a few things from the Town of Seasons (The DLC) and other few things from people of this forum, the credits are on the bottom (for all the maps)

[​IMG]
    This is Harold and Therese's home, they live outside Northpass village.

[​IMG]
    And this is The Tavern (located in Northpass village), a cozy and sweet place to hangout, get quests and drink... a lot.

Credits for the maps
    Kadokawa
    Chiara
    Idrah
    Whtdragon
    Starbird​

Final Notes;
    This is all I have for the game, locations and mechanics are still something I'm thinking about.
    But I do want the game to have multiple endings based on the choices the player makes.

Anyways, I hope this gets posted, I really want some feedback on my idea!
    Thank you for reading through, and I will keep on working on this project.

2. MaximillionXIII

MaximillionXIII Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Maybe some of the quests can only happen during certain days of the week? Maybe you could scatter various (4-10) key item gems across the map for the end/post-game weapon, which will power it? (the base weapon could be the ancient sword?)

Maybe there could be 3 endings, a good ending where the soulbind is broken, a neutral ending where the sword itself is broken, and a bad ending where the sword becomes sentient and goes rogue.

3. ValentinaSama67

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Aaah, thank you so much for your ideas. About the quests; I do plan that certain quests can only be accessed only at night for example. And other quests can only be available if you have certain items/weapons.

And for the Plot Ideas; I really liked those ending ideas you gave me! So thank you!!

4. DewottKid

DewottKid Pyromancer Veteran

Neo Arcadia, Nabes Desert, Kingdom of Nogarde
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I suggest an CTB battle system, as well as a system to equip a certain amount of skills based on rank and level. You can find them all on Yanfly's website. Also in other news, I love your profile picture! Fairies are so beautiful and magical. Where did you get it? Just wondering.

5. ValentinaSama67

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey!! Thank you for replying!
    So, about the CTB battle system, I don't know if I'll ever use it since it's been discontinued, and there may be a lot of bugs.
    For the skills, I really wanted something like Paper Mario TTYD, where the player can equip "badges" that will give the them certain skills, if the badge is removed the player will lose the skill. So, maybe I can fit your Idea that while the player can have only a certain amount of skills, they can change and put together "skill cards" and built up strategy for example.
    And about the profile picture, I drew it myself! It was a character design for a friend's game. You can find the full picture on my tumblr: https://valentinasama66.tumblr.com/

Thank you for replying!!