Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
N/A
GAME:   PG13

Hello Everybody, So I need your help... 
I am making a game... In Visual Novel Style.... And... I need Big Help!!!

The Story: The Humanity Came To An End.... The Earth Is War Torn Place, Where People Can No Longer Live.... And Those Who were Chosen... Traveled In Space To Find New World To live in...
This that did not worked... through 100s Of Years, No Planet Capable was found.... And Food Supples started to run out.... Other People were sick... You And Other People That were still healthy were waiting for the innevataible... and through next 10 years it was over... No food... No Water... Nothing.. And so Humanity Came To an End...

But Mysterious Alien Race Were watching Human Race for many years... And They Brought you back to live... Because Died the last and your brains were not rotten....
So The Mysterious Alien race wants to give Humanity A Second Chance And Through your Neorons And DnA They Are Able to create the simulation that changes real Exinstence....

So In This Game You Will Be Placed In Diffrent Time Eras as your Ancestors... And Every Choice You make will have impact at that Era... And Impact In the Future.... 

CHARACTERS: (Only 1 main For now)  K-48 (ALIEN)  Mysterious Alien That Broughts You Back to life After Th End Of Humanity. Not a lot is known about him, but as you play the story you will find out that he has something to do with the Humanity ending

Gameplay Features: Interactive Storyline based on players choices..... That Means Every Little Or Big Choice Will have impact in Diffrent Era And At that Era where choice is made... (E.x  You Cut Down 3 Trees For Your House...Those Trees Used To give food... Now the food seeds do not drop... And Other food trees does not grow... Few Animals Starve... They dont have other food... Those animals Die...  They Cant ProCreate.... And Those Animals Become extinct...) You see What your Anccestors Done?! Because of them these harmless Animals are extinct!!! 

So It looks good, right?  Wrong... Because i dont know what choices to make... And i dnt really that good at Photoshop.. And my Mapping Skilsz Are ****.... 
So If Any One Of You have time... The Game Files Are Open Try To do things with them Or even give me ideas... Or make Pictures For That Scene. Really Need help guys....
So Here IS The Link To The Game :   http://www.mediafire.com/download/tdvbn4aaqsrwo8w/The+Rain+Of+Eternity.rar (THIS IS THE NEW ONE, WORKING)!!!

And Here Is Some Pictures:

Aliens.jpg

Thumbnailas RAIN OF ETERNETY.jpg

Space.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

leenat40

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Could Someone help me?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think that you would get more help if you split up the tasks and put them in the correct forums.

For feedback on your story/character development go here http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/35805-plot-and-character-feedback/

For feedback on features, go here http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/36-features-feedback/

For discussion about how to design mechancis (in broader terms, not tied specifically and only to your project) go here http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/forum/17-game-mechanics-design/

For help with your maps, go here http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/42501-game-map-screenshots-7/

Or consider recruiting someone from this forum http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/forum/21-project-recruitment/

Also, when asking for feedback, it is much better to give people a bit more detail on what you'd like feedback on.  To make it so general as "So It looks good, right?  Wrong..." is such a vast topic that it can be difficult to know where to start.

leenat40

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks For Advice! Good To Know! :)

StrawberryFlower

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It may also help to put your text through a spellchecker (for example, you spelled Eternity wrong). You should capitalized the first letter of every word - it makes it harder for people to read.

leenat40

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
N/A
I know :(  But there is nothing to fix now...

leenat40

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
N/A
GUYS, New VErsion Of Download is working!

leenat40

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Guys... I still Need Help!

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I actually took a look at this project. I was thinking maybe language barriers were an issue in expressing exactly what you need help with. The real problem is, that you are not wanting people to help you make a game, you are wanting people to make a game for you.

There is nothing in your project. You have two events with a bit of text, but otherwise literally nothing, not even one bad map. You've not shown that you are willing to do any work on this or try to improve at the things you are struggling with.

There is no way for people to help you when you've not done anything to give direction - looking at the two events you have, there is no way to know what you want or what direction the game is supposed to go in.

In order to get people to help you, I strongly recommend putting in some time to build up this game, no matter how bad you think the maps are or the art is. People can help you fix bad maps. They can give suggestions to improve your art. But with what you have - no one can "help" - they can only make it for you.

leenat40

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
N/A
mlogan... I know.... I tried to make a map today..... YOU DONT Want to see it......

And 1 Question... Just is the main Story (That small bit of it) good or bad?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You gotta start somewhere. Why not post the map in the map and screenshots thread and get some opinions? Or, if you are afraid to show it, lurk over there instead and see the maps others have made for a week or two? That will give you some ideas of what can be done with the tilesets.

Otherwise, you really only learn from experience. Make those bad maps. Use them as placeholders for the story for now. As you map more, you will get better at it. Trust me, my first 3 or 4 months worth of maps probably need to die in a fire somewhere, but I entered the IGMC with it (and I still feel bad for the judges for having to play through my 90 x 90 house).

leenat40

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
N/A
bglips So... Should i upload these on my post or not?  And the same goes for Characters to.... Should i use Defaults for now?

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
mlogan... I know.... I tried to make a map today..... YOU DONT Want to see it......
On the contrary, I DO want to see it. Because without seeing what you've done, there is no way that I or others can give you suggestions to improve.

bgillisp is exactly right. Browse the Screenshot thread and look at the maps considered good. See what they do and learn from them. Read the suggestions so you know what to do and what not to do.

One way I greatly improved my mapping was to take screenshots I really liked and replicate - not for use in my own project, but just to understand how good maps were put together. (Note: Please do not copy maps and use them in your game, it is not what I am suggesting.(

As for the story, very honestly, I did not play what little was there. I only opened the files long enough to see that there was not really anything there. Going on the summary of the storyline in this thread, I think it has promise and could definitely develop into an interesting game. I do think that you need to realize though such a concept is very large in scope (the amount of different tilesets needed to portray multiple times in history for example).

I'm not sure if your go is to travel in a lineal manner through time or allow the player to skip through time. I would recommend for now, go lineal and work on completing one time period at a time. Smaller goals are easier to accomplish.

edited to answer your question: If you have screenshots of your maps, post them in the Screenshots thread. It's your best bet of getting constructive feedback.

leenat40

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
N/A
mlogan Thanks Again for FeedBack! I am looking at it... but for now i will start using Placeholders for Future! :)

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
To answer your question, yes, use placeholder characters. For about 4 months, one of my main characters was the Maid from the RTP, as I didn't have a graphic or faceset for them yet. Sure, I got some flak for it on my project page, but you gotta start out with something. Just use a character graphic that won't make your eyes bleed to look at it for a few months as a placeholder, then later on you can hire someone to draw you a real faceset and/or sprite (suggestion for when you get there: Get the sprite first. It makes life easier for your faceset drawer. However, few artists can or will do both, so prepare to hire different ones for each).

As for your other questions, why not find the forum post on list of unencrypted RPGMaker games? Download those, and play them through, then open up the project file to see how they did things. That might give you a better idea of how to accomplish some of your goals.

Edit: More on the mapping. The reason I suggested even letting your maps be placeholders, is because as you playtest it, if it is too big, even you will get tired of it, then will shrink it down naturally (that 90 x 90 house I mentioned ended up being 36 x 29 tiles in the final version, and that is still huge for most houses in this game). So the problem tends to solve itself as you playtest more and more and more.

leenat40

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
N/A
ok i just made first Level, of the game i will update the Game download as soon as i will make 2 more levels to finish the Prologue Chapter

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

At work.
Co: "This bug drove me insane. I tried a lot of things to debug, it just stuck".
Me: "How did you debug it?"
Co: *shows a complicated debugging method using breakpoints and everything*
Me: "What about ... " *casually prints a stack trace in the try/catch exception
Co: "Wait, you can do that??"
Totally original and unique OC
Harold.png
So after completing the Mass Effect Trilogy the first time as a Vanguard, I decided to replay the trilogy as a Soldier. Thus far, I've just finished the Horizon mission in ME2, and I'm already exhausted from ME2's f**k-awful enemy design.
If you are in these ices, I will give all the fire...
Yeah, now Yes !!!! "boom boom "
"Fire the monsters, guards!!!"

index.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papay