The Red Letter [ r p g h o r r o r ] Team needed!

After the reading the updates and storyline, are you interested in this project?

• Possibly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BunnyNubNub

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

tumblr_o2b0g1lQrK1v52d8co1_500.png

Hello there! Thank you for checking out this thread. Any help is appreiciated; I've divided this thread into sections for your reading

understanding of my project that I've been planning for a year; The Red Letter.

I have always wanted to create an unforgettable game, something as iconic as To The Moon, Ib, and Yume Nikki. Something that makes the player draw fan art,

create gifs of the in game animation and scenery.

This all began based on a dream I had one night; and believe it or not, this was on the verge of being published as a novel

before I decided it would make an amazing RPGmaker game.

I'm not very experienced in the more complex ratios of the engine, and I'd love to have a team to really fulfill this game!

if you're interested on creating such a game like this, please read below.

NEWS/UPDATES, last updated 5/26/2017

Learnt how to parallex, game finally to be set in motion!

mini checklist so far;;

main title screen music (complete x)

title screen art (complete x)

refining the title screen (?? not yet complete)

custom window skin + font (complete x)

cutscene intro art, music, and monologue (not yet complete ??)

character art (?? not yet complete)

mapping (?? not yet complete)

LORE OF THE STORY (what you're signing up for!)

The Red Letter takes place in a dystopian future unlike any other. In this world ruled by the chaotic cyborg government and the beauty industry run by the foreign creatures now inhabiting earth, being human or 'natural' is a shameful way of living and may even get you killed.

Reliea, our main character, lives within the last settlement of humans; 'Florence.'

But when her home is abolished by the military, her world takes a drastic turn for the worst.

Now eighteen, Reliea receives a red letter. One foretelling an invitation to one of the most grand events in the world; The Trials.

An ancient being, proclaimed as The Devil, seeks a bride.

Winning in this game, earns you endless wishes to your hearts desire...as long as you comply to stay with him forever.

ABOUT THE GAME(what I have planned, what will be featured, etc.)

In the story, we will embark from many different areas in this journey. One place is never alike! And one character is never alike in The Red Letter.

The Player will obviously, be going through this adventure as Reliea as she makes her way through the 6 different trials shes faced against. Will she overcome the dangers

within? Or will she falter and lose her soul in this entangling game?

This game is strictly choice driven; giving two different endings depending on the players selection. A True End, and a Neutral/Bad Ending.

As said at the beginning of this thread, this story is very emotional for me. This isn't a simple horror / adventure game in the slightest; but an emotional journey

of overcoming fears, doing what is right, and the sacrifices we must sometimes make in this world to better ourselves...And the future.

The story itself is rather simple; but, I want to set something that is unique and does not hold any similarities to any other RPGS out there.

When creating this game, I always think what could make the player fulfilled with every scene, how to drive emotions out of the player with dialogue and atmosphere alike. And when recruiting a team to join me

in this project; I want/desire the same for them; to feel the way as I do when assisting me.

---

The basic outline of the game is well planned out; spanning from the main characters childhood,

to the aftermath of the grief she endures, immersion into the world she was thrown into, and facing The Devil himself before taking plunge into the trials.

Each Trial is exceptionally different; one moment, you may be in an oversize insect world while the next, in an ancient temple! I'm not revealing my plans in this public thread,

but lets just say every world you step into will be vastly different and interesting.

Each of these trials do not contain typical RPG battle, but iconic puzzles and problem solving as the Trials within the game, are suppose

to test the main characters abilities/intelligence, after all! I also want to make it a point that this game heavily

is detail centric; every bookshelf should be intractable, every map should have plenty of interaction regardless of if its

used once or is small. Immersion is key in such an unbelievably different world.

This game features a lot of Easter Eggs precluding to my favorite songs,

or songs I am reminded of when writing the story. Adding finesse is very important! And I think the player would enjoy such things.

A script/storyboard is being written as to give an overview to those who do contribute to better understand what scenes need what,

and to better tell the story.

The game is run on RPGMAKER VX ACE.

--

tldr on what to expect;

PUZZLES!

EMOTIONAL SCENES/HEARTFELT MOMENTS

INVIGORATING STORYLINE.

ENRICHING ATMOSPHERE

IMMERSIVE CHARACTERS/WORLD

CHOICE DRIVEN STORYLINE

DRAMA/MYSTERY

COOL MONSTERS/SPRITES

and most of all

FUN :D

WHAT I NEED HELP WITH (aka, where you come in!)

In need of:

Character Art (ex, character profile images.)

Custom Icons(pm me on details.)

Sound/Music Artists(pm me on details.)

Cutscene Art/Scenery Art/Title Screen Art/Game Over Art ( pm for details.)

Experienced Mappers to assist in production.

Experienced Script Users/Users of RPG MAKER VX ACE in general to provide assistance.

Beta testers (People who will play the game when its finished! Look for bugs, etc etc. This is not an immediately required position. So please keep that in mind.)

I do not need:

Tilesets/Resources

Writers/Co Writers

Mappers, including Parallex.

Inexperienced users.

Q&A

I'm not very invested in the story but I would still like to contribute.

No thank you. The reason I would decline this sort of offer is basic; if you do not care for what I'm trying to achieve,

your work will not reflect that.

I am not an experienced user, but I would like to help anyhow in some way.

I'd be willing to take in some inexperienced users depending on what you can offer, whether it be promo edits, video making, assisting with song choice for scenes

and helping me to time manage. Please PM me about this, specifying what you can and cannot do.

I'm interested in joining your team! Where and how do I sign up?

PM me!

I'd prefer you'd keep it in this format in your title so I can better organize them.

Username/Interested Position/Experienced or Inexperienced

I'm an artist and would like to join your team!

If you are interested in doing art for The Red Letter, please make sure you attach preview images.

I won't just accept you if you offer, I'm not picky but I want to ensure I'm getting what I envision.

So what exactly do you envision for art?

A typical anime style theme; preferably, I don't just want in chat box facial images but half body character images.

References and more will be discussed if you are accepted!

What exactly do you want when it comes to music/sound?

I absolutely need a title screen theme, a game over theme and cut scene theme. Details will be discussed if you are accepted.

Just as an artist, if you have done previous music work, I'd like examples!

I'm scared of applying qq.

Don't be! I am your *friend.* not your boss and I would never treat anybody unfairly.

I need assistance badly; and I doubt I'd want to turn away anybody. ;p

------

!!!!!!!!!EXTRA INFO!!!!!!!!!

If you as an artist/composer do not take critiques well, please do not apply.

I am not a mean person and would never say something rude, however, I want things to match what I envision to be in the

final game.

Please do not take this as a personal attack upon what you created, or yourself.

If you don't work in teams well, please do not apply.

Anybody who is accepted will join our Skype Group Chat(if you have one.) for easier communication; I may even sometimes

pair music artists up with eachother, or mappers.

Any drama will immediately get you removed. This is a game we are ALL creating, and we should

all work together and be friendly! So if you are having a rough day or

getting upset in some way, please don't put it in the group chat or on me.

You will receive your credit in the in menu credit screen once

the game is complete! I will never take credit/claim anything

created by my volunteers as my own.

THINGS I CAN OFFER YOU(in return :)

I'm rather good at making edits, e.x what you see at the top of this thread.

Co-writing/contributing to a story is also easy for me.

Beta testing your game

Spriting

HTML/Coding

Scripting

Parallex Mapping

Resource managing

EXTRA(screenshots, things related to the game.)

SCREENSHOTS(subject to change. not accurate to final state of the game.)

ART

^13102BE332ECCC7115D162AEE17096CCA79E71A45F8E4EF98A^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.png

^BF49A45D39CEF9AF41ABB23AC7A19A3CF76E9CFEFA07F326FA^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.png

i500^cimgpsh_orig.png

PLAYLIST

gain some inspiration!

Last edited:

Tyruswoo

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This does sound like a great novel idea!  Also, I hope you find some people to help make it into a game!

Andr3wWw

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
Hey! This sounds like an amazing idea and I think it would be a very memorable story ^^ I'd love to join the team but I'm more of a writer than anything. However, I'd love to test the game once it's up for testing ^^ 

BunnyNubNub

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey! This sounds like an amazing idea and I think it would be a very memorable story ^^ I'd love to join the team but I'm more of a writer than anything. However, I'd love to test the game once it's up for testing ^^ 

Thank you so much!

I am compiling a list of Beta Testers for when the time is ready, I can PM them exclusively. Thank you for the compliment though, it means alot :>

---

Still actively seeking all team members! 

Cunechan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Actually, I would really like to know more about the story since it sounds too generic yet, do you have some parts of it done yet? Would you mind showing them to us :3? I don't know, I cannot get interested in it when you say it has super individual things to see and cool story but you don't show me some of it xD Though you make it sound pretty original and you're really determined, I like that. Good luck and I hope you can achieve your goal~

BunnyNubNub

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Actually, I would really like to know more about the story since it sounds too generic yet, do you have some parts of it done yet? Would you mind showing them to us :3? I don't know, I cannot get interested in it when you say it has super individual things to see and cool story but you don't show me some of it xD Though you make it sound pretty original and you're really determined, I like that. Good luck and I hope you can achieve your goal~

I actually wrote this out in a novel format to about the first 'trial' but scrapped it. I can PM it to you if you'd like; I kept the description here on the forums short to not reveal too much or dive into the world! I want to keep that set in for the game specifically. 

The actual game itself is not even close to showing such things though; as I'm still gathering resources and learning. (Every map in this game will have parallax mapping; so I'm still just taking the time to learn that or..find someone willing to help xD) 

RocketKnight

Broke with expansive taste
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you want i can make the maps.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I agree with @Cunechan. It does sound pretty generic, but maybe because you stripped it down to the very basis. I'm pretty interested to see where you can go with it. I completely would help you with this, but I don't think I should really be joining any more teams (I'm working on four projects, excluding my own) @.@ so you see how that's a problem. I could probably beta test later, but the best think I can give you right now is my best wishes, so good luck!  :)

BunnyNubNub

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I agree with @Cunechan. It does sound pretty generic, but maybe because you stripped it down to the very basis. I'm pretty interested to see where you can go with it. I completely would help you with this, but I don't think I should really be joining any more teams (I'm working on four projects, excluding my own) @.@ so you see how that's a problem. I could probably beta test later, but the best think I can give you right now is my best wishes, so good luck!  :)

Haha, it's meant to be just an overall basis. The real depth and complexity is secret :p  

Thank you though! Just wishing to play it and test for bugs helps! Best wishes to you on your project...or, projects xD as well : > 

BunnyNubNub

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
An amazing artist known as Evie is contributing to the project! 

have a quick sketch of our Main Character, Reliea!

^F8E975E4517DC5367BA4D0AB6CA3FA0121157AB51DC3A4A1E4^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.png

also, bump.

Last edited by a moderator:

BunnyNubNub

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
bump : >

here is some more art by our lovely artist, Evie! I just wanted to notify everyone following or reading the topic, MAPPERS ARE NEEDED 100%! PEOPLE EXPERIENCED IN PARALLAXING AND LIGHTING PLSS PM ME Q.Q

^345F35FE3B171D486DD6E27E1B553E54654AE659F7A84C6BC9^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.png

BunnyNubNub

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
bump. 

Still in desperate need of mappers.

Plueschkatze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sounds great so far~ Sadly I don't have time to finish reading right now, since work is calling but I'll continue later and will keep an eye on this project.

Do you have a particular artstyle in mind? Like more realistic or anime-ish? :)

BunnyNubNub

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sounds great so far~ Sadly I don't have time to finish reading right now, since work is calling but I'll continue later and will keep an eye on this project.

Do you have a particular artstyle in mind? Like more realistic or anime-ish? :)

Mostly anime style : > however, I enjoy artists unique interpretations of the characters as well! 

Ari3s

Game Enthusiast
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I love the idea, I can tell that everything from concept to story has been well thought out. I absolutely love and adore games that can take the medium, and turn it into an art, and an experience. Two of my favorite games that do this would be Mother 3 and Undertale.

I have a little over 4 years of experience in producing music, but in regards to things like SFX I've only recently started dabbling in, and as such have little experience with. I have a lot of music that I've made that I can provide as demos. However, I'd really like to know what music style you're looking for. I specialize in a lot of stuff that's reminiscent of the SNES and GBA, and as such I a lot of the instruments I use are sampled directly from games like Chrono Trigger, EarthBound, LoZ, Mother 3, Pokemon R/S/E, etc. But that doesn't mean I don't like to use full/real instruments, they're what I started out with, and I can easily adapt to them.

BunnyNubNub

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I love the idea, I can tell that everything from concept to story has been well thought out. I absolutely love and adore games that can take the medium, and turn it into an art, and an experience. Two of my favorite games that do this would be Mother 3 and Undertale.

I have a little over 4 years of experience in producing music, but in regards to things like SFX I've only recently started dabbling in, and as such have little experience with. I have a lot of music that I've made that I can provide as demos. However, I'd really like to know what music style you're looking for. I specialize in a lot of stuff that's reminiscent of the SNES and GBA, and as such I a lot of the instruments I use are sampled directly from games like Chrono Trigger, EarthBound, LoZ, Mother 3, Pokemon R/S/E, etc. But that doesn't mean I don't like to use full/real instruments, they're what I started out with, and I can easily adapt to them.

Hey there! Thank you for being interested, I am mostly looking for reprisal orchestral themes. Something with drama and intensity but enough to make the listener feel..nostalgic and..sad :v it's hard to explain, but if you are interested, shoot me a PM and I can give you more references!

also, thank you very much! 

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have a little over 4 years of experience in producing music
Jeez, that's still more than me. I started only last March. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I wonder what cat meat tastes like.
Some call him... the wacky one.
Writing out an idea for the No Travel Game Jam. I have a general plot and challenge written out, it's just a matter of filling the rest in and making it interesting.
A definite difficult time right now. How is everyone doing during this pandemic? I already have seen furloughs and layoffs.
Hollow 1977 wrote on Archeia's profile.
Hope you and your family are doing well during this difficult time. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wutong