The Red Letter [ r p g h o r r o r ] Team needed!

After the reading the updates and storyline, are you interested in this project?

• Possibly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ari3s

Game Enthusiast
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Jeez, that's still more than me. I started only last March. 
Hah-hah, yeah. If you haven't already, I definitely suggest you brush up on at least the basics of music theory. I didn't until my third year, and I honestly regret that I didn't do it sooner.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have. I'm in intermediate theory right now, and some of it is painfully easy. I know the key of a song by hearing it, people! Why do I need to go though this big long process when I already know the answer? 

But, I'll continue, 'cause these new scales I'm learning may be helpful. 

Ari3s

Game Enthusiast
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have. I'm in intermediate theory right now, and some of it is painfully easy. I know the key of a song by hearing it, people! Why do I need to go though this big long process when I already know the answer? 

But, I'll continue, 'cause these new scales I'm learning may be helpful. 
Oh, then you should be fine. You're already much farther along then I was when I started off. So long as you know how to make decent progressive music that doesn't get too monotonous, then you should be fine.

BunnyNubNub

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Bump. In desperate need of mappers.

BunnyNubNub

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Bump, still looking for mappers/parallax mappers.

BunnyNubNub

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Bump, still looking for mappers/parallax mappers.

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think the main reason why you're not getting many answers is because you said you're a beginner and you said you want to make a revolutionary game. What this reads as to most people is that you're just another newbie who's being overly ambitious on their first game. Don't get me wrong, I like your idea, it's just people have seen far too many games done by newbies where they either needed massive amounts of hand-holding and they did next to nothing themselves, or they tried too hard to make a revolutionary game and it ended up either being cancelled or being a really bad game. You may just want to take it slowly, or take out the part where you said you're a newbie, because to most that reads as people who haven't made a game yet and don't know how to use the engine.     

BunnyNubNub

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think the main reason why you're not getting many answers is because you said you're a beginner and you said you want to make a revolutionary game. What this reads as to most people is that you're just another newbie who's being overly ambitious on their first game. Don't get me wrong, I like your idea, it's just people have seen far too many games done by newbies where they either needed massive amounts of hand-holding and they did next to nothing themselves, or they tried too hard to make a revolutionary game and it ended up either being cancelled or being a really bad game. You may just want to take it slowly, or take out the part where you said you're a newbie, because to most that reads as people who haven't made a game yet and don't know how to use the engine.     

I actually know how to use the engine very well. I've been using RPG Maker since about the first release of XP; I'm more so newbie in the parallaxing and complex eventing area. Not the actual software, but the more intricate things. It's not a very ambitious project when, most of the things I need done are small (ex, just basic parallax lighting and tilesetting.) I'm sorry if it came off that way.

Also, bumping once again. Updates are being posted in the OP to give everyone an idea of my progress and what our contributes have been doing so far! Here is some promo art:

^13102BE332ECCC7115D162AEE17096CCA79E71A45F8E4EF98A^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Nate-Nite

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
When it gets closer, I wouldn't mind being a beta tester for the game :)

BunnyNubNub

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Bump, new art for the game has been added to the OP. 

We have a new main contributing artist, 12chun, who will be doing character images and more!

We also have multiple new musicians. :>

We currently are working towards figuring out parallax mapping still, with our contributing mapper and desperately need more help. Please PM me. Thank you!

Lee0z

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hey, what do you need at the moment?

BunnyNubNub

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Bumping! This project was on hiatus due to personal events such as my move, applying for colleges and volunteer work. The project has NOW BEEN REVAMPED! And I have great news! I have since learnt how to parallex map, and sprite! Here are some previews of work I've accomplished! (not product of final game, subject to change.)

(Sprite of the MC.)

Test parallex, not to be used in the real game.

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hmm. This has come along considerably since the last time. OK. So, while I haven't done animation in awhile and I may be garbage, I like your characters, and they look fun. I'm a GUI artist, a character artist, and an eventer (the stuff I do is like what some scripts can do). Please let me know what you need most. ^w^

BunnyNubNub

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hmm. This has come along considerably since the last time. OK. So, while I haven't done animation in awhile and I may be garbage, I like your characters, and they look fun. I'm a GUI artist, a character artist, and an eventer (the stuff I do is like what some scripts can do). Please let me know what you need most. ^w^
Hi there! Thank you for the reply, I agree it has come along way! I'm still learning my parallexing, but I feel 100% confident in finally putting the game together.

As of right now, I'm seeking someone who has exactly your skill set, hah. I'd love to see your character art, gui and more! I'm also in need of someone who can assist in scripting problems I may or may not run into. I'm pretty okay when it comes to handling my own in that area, but sometimes they can be troublesome. Feel free to PM me some examples of your work. I'd love to see it and work something out. :)

Quick edit, I also created a new sprite for the secondary female lead! Here's a sneak peek (subject to change, obviously.)

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Awesome. XD Will do. I have an art thread too that you can browse through. My resource thread has more GUI and event stuff though.

BunnyNubNub

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Awesome. XD Will do. I have an art thread too that you can browse through. My resource thread has more GUI and event stuff though.
I absolutely love your eventing work; this game will include a fair majority of intricate puzzles! from jumping on platforms/platforming, passwords/riddles, pushing objects, and scavenger hunt esque minigames. It can also possibly include morbid arcade games that aren't directly tied to the actual storyline; mostly just for play value. Either way, it would be fantastic to have someone who knows about creating/assisting in these sorts of things!

Also, another update for the general thread.

Created an interior basic hall/room. Possibly to be used in the actual game. Who knows? ;)

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ah, nice. I sent you a PM some minutes ago, so let me know your preferred method of communication for the project. ^w^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've developed a habit of thanking cleaning ladies for their work.
Sorry Aerith... I will abandon your shoes... :guffaw:
Spent a whole bunch of time today reworking the area in the video because someone said it was too illusory. So I reworked it so it changes less, moved the grass up to the same level as the player.... And found enough extra resources to make the grass moves when the player touches it. Also lots more water, because it looks amazing. I'll probably put up a short updated video later today.
I never noticed how NOISY birds can be in the morning..
The worst part of writing the thesis is getting to a point where it's nearly done and you feel like an 8th-grader could've written something on that level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stearen