The Red Letter [ r p g h o r r o r ] Team needed!

After the reading the updates and storyline, are you interested in this project?

• Possibly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BunnyNubNub

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The project is rebooting, again. So much has happened over the summer, including me going homeless for a span of time and unable to have access to the computer/internet, however, I'm back in business.

After the data loss, I lost all mapping progress and all previous overlays, custom animations and more, but have datamined them back. I also completed an early map I posted here in the thread not long ago just today.

If you scroll, you may find the original ver above for comparisons. Tomorrow, I may begin redoing the Rose Room, as it's simplistic and requires just an hour or so of work.

As of now, I am still looking for:
Artists(EXTREMELY wanted. Willing to commission.)
Eventers/Scripters(to assist in the creation, not to do all the work yourself!)
Icon Artists/Pixel Artists

Byakurent

a bean
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure how I'd be able to help, but I just wanted to voice my support for the project. Looks very interesting so far. Good luck!

BunnyNubNub

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Not sure how I'd be able to help, but I just wanted to voice my support for the project. Looks very interesting so far. Good luck!
Thank you! TRL has been an attempted project for 2 years, I've been incredibly passionate about it. However, circumstance and time and workload hasn't been kind. If you're ever looking for a way to assist a project like this, feel free to spread the word about seeking artists and experienced coders to assist in production and management. :>

kaiijuu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I could possibly assist as an artist. I can post some pics of my work, not sure if it will be the anime style you're looking for!

BunnyNubNub

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I could possibly assist as an artist. I can post some pics of my work, not sure if it will be the anime style you're looking for!
Hi! I'd love for you to send some examples! I'm looking for a wide range of artists, even if you're not drawing main busts; things like character studies and more are always appreciated.

BunnyNubNub

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
okay, when I get home I can send you some stuff! though I do have a tiny bit on my DA here - > https://priincelyverse.deviantart.com/
Looks nice! Let me know if you have any more references, I'd love to talk more in PM.

Update 2.0

I did a quick re imagining of the first ingame map, our MC, Reliea, is unable to remember vast portions of her childhood and life before the trauma of losing her home. I originally panned out a simplistic bedroom space, but, instead, I have decided to go with a surreal outdoor scene of Florence, well, flourishing in the summer. Reliea can barely remember even this much, and here, you'll be able to experience tutorial controls, basics and more.

The eventing on the first map is 90% finished, with scenery fully completed with fully moving falling leaves FX, moving butterflies and light. I still need to add a bed where the placeholder sprite is standing, however, I spent most of today just polishing some old events and refining the look of the weather system and minor details.

BunnyNubNub

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Redid original concept of the 'Rose Room' complete with moving particle engine and some more refined lighting FX+reflection beneath character.
I'd love to see everyones thoughts! This map still requires moving lighting and other small refinements, but here's the semi finished product.

I also added dynamic shadows to the first ingame map;

Last edited:

BunnyNubNub

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Redid concept of the Doll Room, may edit more in the future as this is a rough draft. however, certain elements were kept and others were adjusted for ease of exploration and game progression. The original room was very high contrast and purple, while this version if more grey toned as originally intended and focuses more on a lifeless theme as intended.

Cutiesbae

Beautiful Lie
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Looks very cool! Good luck with your project :kaojoy:

BunnyNubNub

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Looks very cool! Good luck with your project :kaojoy:
Thank you!! <3

Quick update, I'm going to be adding some extra stuff to the Doll room, we'll have to see! I appreciate any and all support moving forward into maps I'm rather not redoing, but making for the first time.

BunnyNubNub

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Update 3.0?? hi!

Here's a recent WIP side by side to its original, unedited/unaltered version straight and ripe out of the editor..;

Side by side comparisons is nice to see how far I've come! even if it's super subtle.

Let me know what you guys think!

BunnyNubNub

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Progress update? progress update.

Animated doors, some more furniture, paintings and more were placed in the main room+railings, as well as dynamic shadows again!

I still have to animate some lightbeams here and there, but for now, this map is done visually.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Closed at OP's request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

*Buys all the PVGames assets, ends up creating his own ground tiles.* At least I used the other types of graphics? Right? :kaoswt:
If you could fold a sheet of paper 42 times, the stack would reach from the earth to the moon. Do whatever you want with that information.
wishing that everyone stays safe at this time
Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
p0nah