Oh, it's that Zerobeat kid...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
EQkMKM.gif

here's the animation... I want to redo part's of the body. He looks too stiff. But I was having a hard time doing the pose I wanted. Also, if anyone know's a good program to export/make gifs, I'm all ears. 

EDIT: Also I'm SOOOO bad at lighting... so it'll take a while, but I need to learn it lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amysaurus

Digital/Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
You've got a good start going - the lighting does need some work, but you did a nice job with the pose and expression. If it helps, try putting one of MV's battler sprites next to your own, then look off of that as you go.  :)

Gimp does a pretty good job making simple .gifs, if you haven't tried that before. 

Rukiri

I like to make Action-RPGs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
My latest Japanese temple.

Jpn_Temple_2.png

Would like some advise in the depth related issues. Should the roof have a different angle? Would i need windows down on the basement floor (historical incorrect)?
The walls should be higher UNLESS you're aiming to use smaller sprites well smaller than 48x48...  For 32x32 this is fine but if it's for MV sprites than I'd heighten the wall a bit.

Had to redo some sprites mainly as I built a new PC and... forgot to backup a PSD but thankfully I was able to redo the idle sprites based on images I posted on facebook lol...

07i1dWV.png

And just to compare to a standard MV sprite.

cY48uXa.png

Everything is 4X, my sprites are 48x58.  

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
If this is a sprite for an RM game you should be posting it in the WIP thread.  This area's really for non-RM art and more general art discussion.  I can merge it into that thread if you want.

zerobeat032

Oh, it's that Zerobeat kid...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, ok... definitely sorry about that. I guess I didn't look enough. But sure, that would be nice indeed!

McSundae

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
@Shiroi Akuma:

Pretty nice right now - just the smile is interupted, maybe you improve this line :D Everything else is kinda perfect in my opinion

Shiroi Akuma

Shut up and take my Monet    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well I changed her neck, and used a more simple hair shading technique since I overdid it in my eyes, less is more. Since nothing was kinda perfect in my opinion.  ;)

design03b_by_shiroiakumasama-d9lgq1f.png

That gap/interruption is some sort of style, due to the philtrum between the nose and the mouth you have this kind of bulge on the upper lip. So if you watch certain artist, some indicate that spot with a gap other just draw the mouth with a continuous line. Also if you see the character more from a birds eye of view, the upper lip interrupts at that point the rima oris, since due to the form of the upper lip that point is most often affected by some kind of highlights, since the surface is rounded and due to it, itsable to receive light from a wider area, difficult to explain. Oh I see you are German. Also diese Stelle wo die Oberlippe diese Wölbung hat, wenn man sie mal befühlt, kann man merken, dass die Form einer Sphäre gleicht und Licht sich dort an der Oberfläche einfacher sammeln kann. Da eine "Kugel" immer einen "hohen Punkt" hat, an dem immer die Primärlichtquelle auf ihn eintrifft bzw. sich in ihm "spiegelt". Da immer eine "Stelle" dem Licht zugewandt ist. Ich glaube ich müsste das aufzeichnen um das besser zu erklären xD

Also ist die Lücke, eine Mischung aus Verdeckung durch die Oberlippe und ihrem "Zipfel" und Reflektion, da gewölbte Oberflächen immer eine Stelle haben in der sich die Hauptlichtquelle reflektieren kann. Rein vereinfacht gesprochen.

Wobei beim Lächeln dies auch durch ein zusammenpressen bzw. höheren Druck der Lippen an dieser Stelle auftritt. Soweit ich weiß wird aber in keinem meiner Zeichenbücher diese Stelle genau beleuchtet, somit sind das mehr eigene Beobachtungen/Mutmaßungen.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
It seems to reflect your avatar are all your characters shy or sad? They all seems to look down. Otherwise it is kinda cute! :3

Shiroi Akuma

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
She isn't looking down, but hear head is tilted more downwards, since females are generally smaller than males, and most often the player is playing a male character, but I will draw her from another angle, too. 

So I quickly sketched another angle where her head is different tilted. 

2015_12_26_11_53_23_by_shiroiakumasama-d9lijzt.png

I think you mean that the head shouldn't be tilted "downwards"

Prodigy 1216

Prodigious Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malanglish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Heya, I was wondering what should I do with this sprite I made? I have no idea what to use it for....

kajji_potrait_by_prodigykajji1216-d9lgl9p.png
Any Suggestion?

EDIT:opps I forgot to mention that I use RM VX Ace

Shiroi Akuma

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
The shadow under him has a rather unnatural form. I would suggest, you change it's form more to an ellipse and also add some opacity to it.

Prodigy 1216

Prodigious Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malanglish
Primarily Uses
N/A
How about this one?

kajji_potrait_2_by_prodigykajji1216-d9limmc.png
Sorry to say that I can't make pixel art...anyway any Idea what It can be used for?

Shiroi Akuma

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's still no ellipse cause in the right side of the character the is this strange tip. Edit: My bad it's is transparent

Example:

I think this is a better shadow form (just an example)

2UUsEJe.png

Don't know if your one will work in a game, or even if the sprite is animated. 

Prodigy 1216

Prodigious Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malanglish
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Shiroi Akuma: Lol, I just made it oval though but I think your's is better

The sprite is not animated if it is it would have been awesome.

EDIT: Thanks to Shiroi Akuma's advice I managed to make more of these

Ayanako Kajji

kajji_potrait_3_by_prodigykajji1216-d9liohx.png

Shigure Shinobu

1_shinobu_potrait_by_prodigykajji1216-d9lngkk.png
Hidaka Tateishi

1_tateishi_potrait_by_prodigykajji1216-d9lngki.png
Nobume Etsumi

1_etsumi_potrait_by_prodigykajji1216-d9lngkm.png

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Merged zerobeat032's thread.

Shiroi Akuma, please do not speak in German, this is by necessity a strictly English speaking forum.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
She isn't looking down, but hear head is tilted more downwards, since females are generally smaller than males, and most often the player is playing a male character, but I will draw her from another angle, too. 

I think you mean that the head shouldn't be tilted "downwards"
I should retain that with male characters head tilted "upward", might be a must in the female community to have some boys to look down for! :p

Shiroi Akuma

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Sharm Okay, it won't happen again.

CXP3YvHWMAAJqsi.png

I made some more, is there anything I'm not aware off? Don't look at the bodies they were just scribbles. So the heads, do they look like the same character? Or any other mistakes at her head?

Valkyriet

Pocket Panda
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think the first expression is appropriate for two situations : if she's shyly looking up at a boy (or girl), or if she's affectionately looking down at a boy (or girl). In either case, you've achieved a nice subtle head tilt, and I love the color of her hair and irises.

The second and third heads are a perfect match to the first, so there's nothing much wrong with it if you can color them the same way as the first.

That Bread

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Prodigy I think those sprites could work as their own standalone style their very nice!
@Shiroi Wow! That looks very good, I am no expert so I cannot give too much advice sorry!
@Rukiri Shewwwwww that is some hawt pixel art man great job!

Yo guys! I tried my darndest to mimick my games style without tracing... and dayum I think I did a good job but I want a second opinion. I know the colors aren't close by a long shot, but do you think on it's own it could be an appealing art style for the game?
I am doing this because the artist can no longer do work, he cannot draw his original style anymore(nor can I!) But its better than nuttin and I do need more busts, which is why I am doing this in the first place!

Annnnnnyway enough gibber jabber here it is in game!!!! :D

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/n78dI46.png[/IMG]
Really the end goal here is well it work on its own? I know its not as good as the original, this is the best I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I really wish I could find work with a similar schedule to my gf(10-5 or 11-6)
I need some moneys >.>
I didn't realize that Deers can grow so big... I almost hit one while going home from work - phew... approx 10cm separated us from accident... (tomorrow link to video from my dashcam). I'm too shocked to think straight.
Just watched a very good drama. It left this very heavy sadness inside me T.T

As a game dev, there's always this other feeling I have after, for example, watching a sad drama: "Understanding +1!"
I just don't know why, but it's funny.
5.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8a888s