Acolyte

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Lunarea's tardis was looking a bit lonely, so I thought I'd start on some resources to go with it.

os6mrha.png

Valkyriet

Pocket Panda
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@CorneredCosmos

It looks quite rough around the edges, but even I don't draw anywhere near that well, so I think you've done a good job. The only thing I'd recommend fixing, if you can, is his left shoulder. Unlike the right one, the edges don't look smooth and where there should be a nice curve, there is a sharp one. '3'

@acolyte

The businessman and the door(?) look really good, but I cannot figure out what the other two characters are >.<

That Bread

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Valkyriet yeah that shoulders been a big problem for me X____x
I will see if I can fix it up and thank you! :D

Finished a faceset!!! Not Clarence but hey! Here we go any feedback is welcome :D

[IMG]http://orig04.deviantart.net/ebdc/f/2015/363/8/8/tots_dubay_face_set_by_corneredcosmos-d9lzo0z.png[/IMG]

StarkSnow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@acolyte

He look very good in this picture next to his tardis computer system. Ready to fly into time and space and safe a day from evil.

So cool. Loving doctor who is what I life with.

Go Doctor save the universe from your enemies.  BD

I really like the coloring you choose. I like the shape of it.

It is automatically told that what it is when I looked.

I like that is looks as should but withing your style. It is your creation.

Here is something I working on right now. It is a moth person on another planet. For an rpg about other planets.

c6oJ6Pl.png

zYZauT0.png

Last edited by a moderator:

That Bread

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
: O thank you Archeia! That's some fantastic feedback I'll post and image with what I can do to try and follow your tips latter!

Thank you! :D It is very helpful!

Acolyte

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@nio kasgami: I think it looks wonderful so far!

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Amazing Nio. How could anyone make any kind of critical assesment about something so good?

I got time fantasy for the christmas sale, and I was trying to complement it with some suitable retro resources, like crazy leen's retro icons. But I soon realized that there were quite a few necessary icons missing from her work, so I tried to make mine:

l0LLSoH.png

From left to right, healing, target rate, critical rate, a robe, a shoe and a cape. Anyideas on how to make them suck less?

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
lol this good even if for me the way's you corrected the hairs are kinda weird xD

but the opinion was good then I guess I will spare you -w- 

*click spare like in undertale*

EDIT : WHAT YOU CHANGED THE FACE SHAPE D: !? NUUU YOU REMOVED 100% OF IS VIRILITY! 

*nio attack shiroi*

That Bread

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Okay I went ahead and did my best to follow your advice Acheia

Here are the results of my efforts! :D

[IMG]http://orig10.deviantart.net/f036/f/2015/364/5/5/tots_dubay_face_set_by_corneredcosmos-d9lzo0z.png[/IMG]

Shiroi Akuma

Shut up and take my Monet    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Nio >Shiroi will remember that< T.T sorry I don't understand Undertale references. I don't even know why so many people are spamming them around me D: I can make him 300% more manly, but tomorrow and after work, it's starting to get late here.

@Corneredcosmos

Is it possible that you don't have a graphic tablet? Because it will be tough then to get good results.  Also row 2 expression #2 it that line now between his nose and mouth, I guess it should indicate a part of his upper lip, but it looks like the one half of an mustache, I would suggest to remove that part.. The reflection of the hair, it doesn't reflect the roundness of a human head, since the highlight seems to follow a straight line on his forehead.. Then his clothes these hard kind of highlights they indicate some kind of plastic like clothing or at least they let the material feel like it don't know if this is intentional. And one question, what's the black thingy in front of him? It's difficult to read its shape.  His hairstyle shape on his back is better now compared to your old one. 

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
HAHAH just in undertale when you spare someone it's auto-end the battle well when you can spare it)

but yeah I will take in opinion what you showed me and reduce maybe a little the shape of the hairs for reduce the head size

although I don't think this hairs style quite fit my style ....actually I don't like making hairs flow like they was defying the gravity logic xD

but after this a question of taste

Amysaurus

Digital/Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Corneredcosmos: You did a great job redoing those expressions! I agree with a lot of the feedback above, but overall you've got a nice, stylized feel. C:

@Nio/Shiro Akuma: I don't know if that's the final design or anything, but he looks way too thin in the torso region. His torso should probably extend behind his arm a bit ^^

I'm working on making the MV generator in pixels. >___> I'm about 1/3 of the way done with the female generator, and have the base done for the male generator, but that doesn't take into account that I'll probably fix/remake about 99% of everything when I finish. xD

9WIKhhu.png

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Shiroi your feedback is actually accurate. The problem with Nio's drawing is that the head is really big. He needs to decrease the amount of 'back'/'rear' hair harold has in order to fit the current the face he has based on MV's style.

@CorneredCosmos, I'll get back to you after I get some coffee. There's still some issues I want to address but great job so far :3

Shiroi Akuma

Shut up and take my Monet    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
@amysaurus I didn't want to finish the entire piece my main focus was on the head. Nio is aware of that, I can see that. He might had not finished the area of the armor on the torso region, but you can see the curve which indicates the roundness of Harolds torso, since the 'curve' is going under his arm and indicates the volume of the torso. Maybe Nio is going to make a badass cuirass later there. I just saw the paldrons of Harolds sv battler so I changed them, but I think Nio wasn't already finished with the armor design. And I didn't want to influence his final design, so I stopped there.

That Bread

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Shiro Thank you for the awesome feedback. And yes that black line definitely looked like a stache I got rid of it.
Hmm I will look up highlights for hair or just wait and see what Acheia has in store for feedback on the subject.
As for the clothes yeah it does seem kinda plasticy I am not too sure what I could replace or fill these areas with.
The black thing is a shirt, he is wearing a coat that buttons up top and reveals the rest as a shirt.

Here's a refrence just so you can see what I am talking about.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4sxOLs0.png[/IMG](No I did not make this credit goes to Personigo de la kefo)

@Acheia I look forward towards some more of your feedback :D

@Amy Thank you Amy! :D Those are some nice pixel busts you got going.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What art program do you use CorneredCosmos? Do you also have a budget of some kind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I really wish I could find work with a similar schedule to my gf(10-5 or 11-6)
I need some moneys >.>
I didn't realize that Deers can grow so big... I almost hit one while going home from work - phew... approx 10cm separated us from accident... (tomorrow link to video from my dashcam). I'm too shocked to think straight.
Just watched a very good drama. It left this very heavy sadness inside me T.T

As a game dev, there's always this other feeling I have after, for example, watching a sad drama: "Understanding +1!"
I just don't know why, but it's funny.
5.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8a888s