Status
Not open for further replies.

That Bread

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Archeia I am using Paint.net and no I am not using my tablet. I have a very hard time drawing straight lines with that thing.... looks like the mouse just works better for me.

I am on a budget so I cannot afford Sai or any other art program, however I do own a freeware called Krita. It is a good art program.

Last edited by a moderator:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
A tablet requires a lot of practice. I really suggest investing time on it. If you aim for straight lines you can always hold shift and select from point a to point b on most art programs. :D

I'll have to check Krita again and see if I can teach you some tips there. If you only had Sai it would've been a lot easier to tell you to implement some techniques.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lol yeah I tend to draw big head. It's stigma of when I was still doing "chibi"  I have to get rid of this bad habit to over-proportionate the head.

Actually in the first wips the bust had FAR more larger necks but Amy told me to reduce it...and was to much lazy to fix the hairs

for the Hairs I just don't know lol how they made it in MV I feel like : wtf how he even have his hairs like that? I tend to not go with tons of volume for the hairs. Archeia/ Amy may notice I tend to make hairs with lacks of volume this one of my biggest weakness I have to fix

for the armor yes I am still working on it actually the body will being a little more massive and detailled since they arent actually dettailed a lot's on the SV so I wanted to left my imagination go 

thanks for the feedback TvT 

maybe a lot's of artist not like to have tons of feedback but I do like them since I want to offer good quality works

Anyway's made a fast mock up so mostly it's the hairs who actually bother me I don't know I find it's lacks of details? but IDK maybe I will make more details with the shadow lol

Ssv3Cjm.png

That Bread

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Archiea I would be willing to scrounge up some cash to purchase a recommended art program as long as its a reasonable price.

Just tell me what I should get!

Shiroi Akuma

Shut up and take my Monet    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
ssv3cjmnote_by_shiroiakumasama-d9m56vw.png

I noticed you left it out, of course you don't need to stick with the original, so you might made that intentionally.  :) His back hair looks better in my eyes now, if you follow along your rough sketch. Even better as the one I did.  >_>

To be honest I'm more familiar with girls, so yeah I might made him look more like a girl yesterday. 

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
*nio save the picture in his computer* dat chibi is just so cute

Oh well I didn't noticed they had a hairs band here lol 

and thanks I don't find my lineart particuliary super strong on that c: 

and yep I am not 100% sticking to the original because I don't like the whole choice they done for the faceset lol like some lineart choice >_>

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Archiea I would be willing to scrounge up some cash to purchase a recommended art program as long as its a reasonable price.

Just tell me what I should get!
Yup, once you get PaintTool Sai I can definitely show you how to do stuff a lot better especially since you're adamant with the mouse.

That Bread

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Atchiea That sounds great I already got it, ready for some lessons.

Thank you so much for your help so far I truly appreciate it.

McSundae

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hey there, i'm currently working on a custom tileset, there is not much yet but some A2 and some small stones, bushes and shrooms.

I also don't wanna know about mapping quality just if the tiles are good like this

screen-custom-set.jpg

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@McSundae I really love the look of it! My favourite thing about it is the cool looking rocks and the gravel-path bits! The only thing I would change would be the yellowy-greeny mushroom, since it seems a little too bright and saturated, but overall I think it looks great!!  :D

I'm not the best at art and stuff, so I might be completely wrong but I personally like the yellow-green mushroom more like this:

vUFAGNv.png

Acolyte

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Shinju Fortuna

RPG Artist
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh wow I had no idea this thread existed! I've been working art for a game I've been working on (first attempt ever!) and I would love some critiques on how to improve my art. I've been trying my best on these pieces but anything that could help me improve would be wonderful ^_^

I know the anatomy isn't perfect, but I sort of prefer the exaggerated manga-style. Regardless, if anyone could offer advice on any of these pieces (posting all I've done so far but only comment on what you feel like) then that would be great! Thank you!

Esere

[IMG]http://orig11.deviantart.net/1a9b/f/2015/328/c/7/shinju___goddess_falls_by_shinju_fortuna-d9gedit.png[/IMG][IMG]http://orig11.deviantart.net/e905/f/2015/328/e/c/shinju__goddess_falls_2_by_shinju_fortuna-d9geed0.png[/IMG]  [IMG]http://orig08.deviantart.net/8b3c/f/2015/365/9/4/_59ec15ae083791392b082f7528f0b9267b375f046ac8db69f_by_shinju_fortuna-d9m8gcd.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://orig10.deviantart.net/2239/f/2015/354/4/1/esere___falling_from_the_sky_full_color_by_shinju_fortuna-d9kqxu4.png[/IMG]

Goddess Fortuna

[IMG]http://orig02.deviantart.net/2522/f/2015/332/a/f/goddess_fortuna__goddess_falls_by_shinju_fortuna-d9ieh30.png[/IMG]

Milaya (Mila for short)

[IMG]http://orig14.deviantart.net/367f/f/2015/363/2/8/healer__goddess_falls_by_shinju_fortuna-d9m0acv.png[/IMG]   [IMG]http://orig15.deviantart.net/44c5/f/2015/364/c/5/face_comp_1_by_shinju_fortuna-d9m55as.png[/IMG]

Lux (temp name)

[IMG]http://orig00.deviantart.net/2db4/f/2015/328/b/d/lux___goddess_falls_by_shinju_fortuna-d9gedhz.png[/IMG][IMG]http://orig09.deviantart.net/1381/f/2015/328/2/5/lux_bust_2_by_shinju_fortuna-d9hvgqb.png[/IMG][IMG]http://orig09.deviantart.net/6993/f/2015/328/1/6/bust_3_by_shinju_fortuna-d9hvgqg.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://orig01.deviantart.net/b8cd/f/2015/365/1/4/_d4f220b1478f63bfc2f28b25d42325cc345ad436c882d4db6_by_shinju_fortuna-d9m8gda.png[/IMG]

Rukiri

I like to make Action-RPGs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Kinda tempted to do animations now, but... I also want to go to a party...

Completely redid my idles. 

rwPz6fn.png

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ok Cornered Cosmos, so like one of the biggest issues with the mouse is making nice lines. Here's something I did 100% mouse done. I created this really fast like 5 minutes max? So it's not super refined.

BsHTnej.jpg

I should've made this a video but I haven't used SAI in a while (only CSP) so it seems that I still remember how it works w. Once my net stabilizes I'll show it to you in video format. So basically here's how you do it. 

dsjdBkK.jpg

So here are the steps:

• Create a vector layer. The one in layers with some pencil icon as seen on the left side of this screenshot.

• Use the curve tool in order to have straight and curved lines. You basically drag the points as seen in the screenshot to make the drawing.

• You add points by holding CTRL and then clicking on the area you want to manipulate.

• To delete a point Press ALT.

• You can use any of the tools that shows up in linework layer. Pen will work too and youi can freehand+adjust whenever necessary.

• The weight tool is to give your lines 'weight' aka make them thicker/bolder to add depth to a drawing.

Hopefully this is easy to understand. I suggest that you practice with it first. It's the best tool out of SAI :)

That Bread

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Archeia great thank you! I will begin to practice and will show the end results when I am don :D

Shiroi Akuma

Shut up and take my Monet    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Shinju Fortuna 

First excuse my bad English, I hope I don't sound too harsh. 

Esere: The first bust and facesets, it feels like she is sitting in car or something that accelerates very fast. Her post where she is pointing at something her right hand seems rather small. Even her arms looks rather thin, but that part might be some sort of style, I don't know, well if I would redraw one of your characters I would make it different, also they would be more in my style and I don't think if this would help you. Her feet kind look like a rectangle shape. Her fingers, the way they are clenched, it doesn't fits to the pose or at least her right hand it looks uptight. 

Fortuna: An eye from the profile is never as long as an eye from the front. It needs to be a bit shorter. I miss also her ear. Also the eyebrow they are sitting on the forehead you left a to big gap there. Difficult to explain.

profile_view_by_shiroiakumasama-d9maoem.png

Lux: Is it possible that you use black color for his shadows and just change the opacity of the layer? Those grey shadows on an colored picture make an illustration more lifeless. Also his eyes seems to be too narrow. This might be because you gave him rather big eyes and might squeezed them into his head. 

Overall: I miss the ears on most of the illustrations. Esere where she is falling for example.

Would do more but I don't know where I should start, and where I should stop, now is lunch time.  

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@CorneredCosmos, great! But first try to do lineart for now Because the next thing we need to actually fix is your coloring. It has a lot of issues but that should be introduced way later. I also probably forgot to mention it but his eye on our left is too small! Make it bigger and move it XD

McSundae

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
@shinju fortuna:

Pretty nice drawings, you should focus on the shading now, highlights are quite okay but the shadows are not very good yet. Still - keep up the good work :D

I also made some progress with my tileset and created those tree's here :D

screen-custom-set-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What the writer wrote: "The curtain is blue."
The readers: "There must be a hidden meaning behind this, perhaps to convey the character emotions ...".
What the writer has in mind: "The curtain is frickin' blue".
Time to share something!
hmZFwQe.png

I made these a while ago for my game. I took reference from various huts in Africa.
Have a great night! :D
I really need to buy a new mouse. Mine's keeps double-clicking and makes me waste A LOT of time eventing
How come there's no spooktober game jam? I thought horror maker games were some of the most popular genre out there...
"I didn't know X song was about that!" Uh... why? Do you not listen to the lyrics? I mean, I guess that makes sense. We live in a world where nobody listens, but everyone wants to be heard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djozgaa