NarikoStudios

Lover of Catgirls
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I hadn't finished the legs I just wanted opinions on the rest of the sprite so far

The top half is all the same palette as I edited it from other sprites on the sheet

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
His left forearm looks deformed and broken. o_O You'll need to even out the line between the elbow and the wrist, take out the intermittent jagged edges, and shorten up the forearm a bit.  The two forearms are also different thicknesses, I think if you want to match the way the base normally looks you'll want something in between, his right arm thinner and his left thicker.  I'm assuming the back arm's coloring isn't finished yet?

NarikoStudios

Lover of Catgirls
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
No the top half was finished it's just the bottom half that wasn't done

Does the block itself look okay or is there any other ideas for how he'd block

Last edited by a moderator:

terrorchan

Literally a Gloop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I finished the animated battler for that mine enemy (I had to redraw it due to transparency issues with my previous one). What do you guys think? If you can't tell, he does have a 'bobbing' animation in each position as well. I also took the idea of having some gems glow at random times more than others.

FxHQmdE.png

EDIT:

Made a slime enemy. This is going to be released as a part of a community resource pack I'm working on. Slimes don't have much complex animation, so if anyone wants to suggest a monster idea, please let me know!

919qnyK.png

He attacks by licking you. There is that large chunk of animation-less in the middle because those aren't needed in my project 

I am going to make matching faces for these

aBu7vdO.png

Reference 

OB0rLBf.png

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@NarikoStudios Hmm, no, it's not quite right.  You don't want to block with the edge forward, you'd ruin your sword.  Flip the tip so that the end curve is on the other side.  You'll also want to change the lower hand so it's palm out fingers up instead of palm in fingers down.  Changing the hand position would help the extra long arm look a bit too.  The reason I thought the coloring on the upper arm was unfinished is because it's so much darker than the rest.  You used an outline color as a main shade, that's probably where you got the ramp confused.  That particular color should be used very minimally.  You also haven't used the lightest shade at all on that arm.  The placement of the shadows is mostly good, but the fingers look a little pillow shaded.

NarikoStudios

Lover of Catgirls
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I mostly just took parts of other sprites on the sheet rotated or edited them so I didn't colour anything really apart from a little 

But I wasn't sure how he'd block so I tryed to have it sideways like he'd block it and reflect the magic off his blade

But I'll change it and repost Thankyou 

Just wasn't sure how it would look so I tryed with my kirito cosplay xD

Apples

are overrated
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Taglish
Primarily Uses
So I tried re-drawing the XP trees with my own art style and it did not end well. The other one looks like a big blob of green plasticine.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/F9YgpXF.png[/IMG]

Any tips on how to make trees way more detailed? I use SAI Paint Tool.

Zanshoo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Fr but i do En
Primarily Uses
Hi !                      [Updated] 

This Topic is an attempt to creat chibi monster.  

Your answers will play a big part in the design i'll draw !!!

Here are the bats prototypes, the other two with colors are 7 and 8 from left  : 

chibi008.jpgchibi010.jpg

with colors : 

chibi00col77size.pngbat1t2size.png

Which one have the better design ? 

Do i need to create more kind of design ? 

Is there any monster you want me to draw ? 

I started wolf but it's bad ^^ (i'm not used to draw animals T-T ) 

wolf1size.png.jpg

Many thanks !!!! 

First goblin attempt :)  

chibi01gob.jpg

I tried the cat but it's a bit difficult form me : 

chibi013.jpg

Ps: it's just design test, the final version will be way better ^^ 

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think they look good!  I very much prefer the bat on the left, which has a consistent feel.  The one on the right has an angry expression and sharp lines in the wing, but has a very round belly and eyes, which give it an inconsistent feel.  However, I do like the gem on the right bat's forehead.

Gothic Lolita

YouTube Starlet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First of all, they all look awesome. But my favourite one is the lower right one.

This little bat looks really adorable and chibi-like. <3

The one I like the least is lower left, it looks to realistic to me and less chibi-like. It has a really dark look too. But I think it would fit for an undead bat anyway. :)
The upper left and right have kinda the same feeling, only the left one is a bit more edgy and right more rounded. Else they look very cute, but they have an angry look too. ;)
Somehow hard to discribe for me, but I hope I spoken clearly enough. :D (\s/)

Zanshoo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Fr but i do En
Primarily Uses
I think they look good!  I very much prefer the bat on the left, which has a consistent feel.  The one on the right has an angry expression and sharp lines in the wing, but has a very round belly and eyes, which give it an inconsistent feel.  However, I do like the gem on the right bat's forehead.

I'll try to make a mix of both ^^ 

Thank you ! 

First of all, they all look awesome. But my favourite one is the lower right one.

This little bat looks really adorable and chibi-like. <3

The one I like the least is lower left, it looks to realistic to me and less chibi-like. It has a really dark look too. But I think it would fit for an undead bat anyway. [IMG]http://rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_smile.gif[/IMG]
The upper left and right have kinda the same feeling, only the left one is a bit more edgy and right more rounded. Else they look very cute, but they have an angry look too. [IMG]http://rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_wink.gif[/IMG]
Somehow hard to discribe for me, but I hope I spoken clearly enough. [IMG]http://rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_biggrin.gif[/IMG] (\s/)

Thank you ^^ 

I'll try to make less angry bats :p   

svarn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Personally I'd say that the 3rd one looks the best. It has a nice balance of big-medium-small shapes. And it has wings big enough to support itself, which can't be said about some of your other designs. It also fits the most for the "chibi monster" in my opinion, however it's not looking threatening unlike the others. Which could be a bad thing for a monster, depending on what kind of game would you use it for.

bat4size.jpg.73e95c356c90ab158b55b19e2e60b39f.jpg

Zanshoo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Fr but i do En
Primarily Uses
Personally I'd say that the 3rd one looks the best. It has a nice balance of big-medium-small shapes. And it has wings big enough to support itself, which can't be said about some of your other designs. It also fits the most for the "chibi monster" in my opinion, however it's not looking threatening unlike the others. Which could be a bad thing for a monster, depending on what kind of game would you use it for.

bat4size.jpg

Thank you for your time, i updated so take a look if you have a change of heart ^^ 

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My favourite is actually 1 and 3. They are both adorable, scary and awesome at the same time, making them a perfect mix in my opinion!

EDIT: Since this has been moved, I wanna make it clear that it is about @Zanshoo's work, otherwise my comment is really confusing and makes not much sence!

BerryB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Personally, for the bats, I'd like either 1,3,4 and 5. 2's a little gemstoney and 6... is kind of uhh.. Pokemon-troll-ish. 7 and 8 has some great color palletes being used, using a mix of purple and red.. but their designs are a little bit off to me. 10 just seems weird and 9 is cute, but not something I would really prefer. I won't question how your anatomy doesn't fit though, but I will say that it could be better. I don't have the right to say that though as I'm a total noob at drawing and anatomy, but a little feedback like this should be fine. Take it with a grain of salt though, considering it's a design test.

I would like to see you draw some goblins though, that would be fun.  

Stridah

The People's Champion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Apples I think you should define more leaf shapes with a darker shape brush, everything is very well blended there is no real shape to the stuff if that makes sense, the second one looks better then the first

Here is an update on my MV tavern tiles, *NOTE* i have not added any shadows or dodge burning to define light sources yet, this is a last step for me i will do it all one shot at the end.  So basically i tossed as many objects as i could fit together to see how they are comming.  

resource test 2.png

Zanshoo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Fr but i do En
Primarily Uses
I won't question how your anatomy doesn't fit though, but I will say that it could be better. I don't have the right to say that though as I'm a total noob at drawing and anatomy, but a little feedback like this should be fine. Take it with a grain of salt though, considering it's a design test.

I would like to see you draw some goblins though, that would be fun.  

You're right, i'm actually kind of bad at drawing animals ... so it's a perfect oportunity for me to get better :D  

I'll draw a goblin soon . 

And thank you for your time ;)  

Gothic Lolita

YouTube Starlet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The wolf looks super adorable and looks way more awesome, if I would have drawn it. <3

From the "new" designs, I like number 5 and 10 a lot. They simply look amazing. :3
The colored versions looks great too. You're a great chibi artist. :) (\s/)

I wonder, how a cat would look like. :) /)

Zanshoo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Fr but i do En
Primarily Uses
The wolf looks super adorable and looks way more awesome, if I would have drawn it. <3

From the "new" designs, I like number 5 and 10 a lot. They simply look amazing. :3
The colored versions looks great too. You're a great chibi artist. :) (\s/)

I wonder, how a cat would look like. :) /)

Thank you a lot ^^

i'm stating chibi and it's really fun,  For the wolf it's "half chibi", by the way i'm terrible at drawing fur ... T,T 

Thank you i'll have a cat ready soon ;)  

My favourite is actually 1 and 3. They are both adorable, scary and awesome at the same time, making them a perfect mix in my opinion!

Thank you ! 

i'll redo them with better quality then ^^ 

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure how this topic slipped by, but this belongs in the WIP thread. The resource threads are for posting completed resources to be shared. I'm merging this into the WIP topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Checking out the Judge's Round Table. Really cool getting their perspective in a Q/A environment like this.
I'm heading back to Orlando tomorrow! Dad said he's going to take me to my favorite arcade and maybe Aquatica.
animated message windows <3
or message window that uses background images that can be animated?
Still need to fix some things, but it's going great so far :)
CEPjLJn.gif
just when I thought one of the greatest game of all time couldn't get any better, they announce a new dlc for it.
For anyone interested: there's another huge humble bundle with JRPG assets + a game jam starting next month - it's for a good cause, so check it out <3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zabasin