Not open for further replies.

Zanshoo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Fr but i do En
Primarily Uses
@NarikoStudios the 2 last foxes are really cool, for the hat i think the shadow is a little too dark . 

@Justice it looks really good ! 

terrorchan

Literally a Gloop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Zanshoo omg that's perfect! Good job mimicking the RTP style (I certainly can't!)

@Justice beautiful! I wish I was that skilled :0

Anyway, I'm back with my annoying spamness

What do you think about this? I've drawn hats before, but not full rimmed straw hats (at this angle). 

4vWNrEG.png

I can't even tell if I'm improving at this point honestly. 

The Art of Gaming

Owner of the Green Tunic in Dreamland
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I like it! The color pallet goes together really well. 

Shiroi Akuma

Shut up and take my Monet    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I wouldn't soften all the shadows, it looks like porcelain at some point especially with the highlights.

Zanshoo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Fr but i do En
Primarily Uses
@terrorchan look good, colors are really cool, but maybe add more contrast with shadows and be carefull 'bout the connection between hair and the hat on the right side of it (right for the viewer) it looks a bit odd, cause normaly hair would have less volume because of the hat . 

Keep the good work [IMG]//rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_wink.gif[/IMG] 

here an exemple of what i mean : 

hatt.jpg well, sorry i'm not good with hats T-T 

Hairs are stuck in the red circle, so they can spread only after this part of the hat. 

Hope it was usefull [IMG]//rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_smile.gif[/IMG] 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I like the dragon from VX Ace so I decided to remake it in MV size (not necessarily style). Need some feedback. It may be weeks before I actually get the time to finish it but here it is:

Dragon_1.png

I'm not so good with shading, so any advice on that would be appreciated as well as general advice. Thanks in advance! //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_biggrin.gif

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Awww, so adorable!! I just wanna hug him/her so badly!! He's sort of threatening but cuddly at the same time which makes him perfect for a nice dragon!

The shading of the wings are great and the shading on the head is really impressive, and the little tiny claws are super adorable!

Zanshoo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Fr but i do En
Primarily Uses
@Strange_Dragon_99 it's really good looking !!! 

chibi019.jpg But in my humble opinion, i think there is a part missing on both wings :  red parts is connecting it wings with is back . 

Hope it was usefull [IMG]//rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_smile.gif[/IMG] 

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Kloe Thanks! I thought he was kind of cute too! LOL.

@Zanshoo I think you are right about the wings. I may try to change that sometime in the next few days. I'm just short on time since I am having to work overtime at work. I really want to get the sprite done in the next few days but we will see how it goes.

Thanks for the feedback!

KanaX

Just being a sleepy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Broken English.
Primarily Uses
N/A
Best I can do at this point. Any input would be welcome (don't be shy to suggest something drastic, I have 3 GB of layers waiting to be edited).

luVuZra.png

MektiKwiiger

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
@KanaX

I think the birch could use a bit more horizontally aligned lines on the bark. (If the white tree is meant to be birch)

KanaX

Just being a sleepy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Broken English.
Primarily Uses
N/A
@MektiKwiiger

No, no I didn't go for a birch, but thank you //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_smile.gif

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Working on the downed poses for my child mv+ sprite base:

sprite%2Bdown_child.png

Any advice? Especially about the left one, have reworked this one over and over again.

KanaX

Just being a sleepy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Broken English.
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Candacis They look pretty good. I'm not too familiar with the MV sprites but they seem spot on.
One thing to note: On the left sprite, the leg below the bent knee is a little bit too thin. Now I know that you did it on purpose because, by default, thighs are the thickest part of the legs, but I'm not sure the end-result looks its best. It's an undeveloped child after all. It's supposed to be a little bit more uniform //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_smile.gif

MektiKwiiger

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Trying to animate this smith,

Hammering_Smith.gif

and I'm really unsure of if the arm in the first frame looks ok.

smith_test.png

Planning on adding some particle effect later.

Origin in the Rural Farm Tiles, animation heavily inspired by the animated blacksmith by Pandamaru

KanaX

Just being a sleepy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Broken English.
Primarily Uses
N/A
The problem with the first frame is that the hammer is held completely vertically, which doesn't make much sense, since the hand is also completely vertical. The two things you can do are to either tilt the hammer so it fits the grip, or bring the hammer closer to the face of the character and bend the hand in a way that makes sense for the hammer to be completely vertical (the second way is pretty bothersome and practically speaking, redundant).

Snow-ified

QhgjaPw.png

MektiKwiiger

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Thank you @KanaX,

Knew something was wrong, but I was convinced it was mostly the elbow. 

Redid the angle of the hammer and moved the anvil a little

Hammering_Smith2.gif
Hammering_Smith.png

Anything else that looks bad?

The snow on tree 1-5 and 4-1 looks kinda weirdly lumped. Had to compare them to the no-snow version to confirm that the tree actually did have that shape.

gendfleur

Even Satanists have standards.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
my first time posting in a critique-style thread...... #nice

this is my new mc, their name is divinity and they're an angel. also i have No idea how to do spoilers so if someone could tell me that would be great, haha

EfgDAKx.png

Bonkers

I haven't seen you since the plague.
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finishing up Iggy for the Birthday Bash tomorrow.  

ylpAa02.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Feel free to check out our "Touch the Stars" gamejam submission, "Starlight, Starbright!"
just finished playing one shot. im kinda disappointed with return the sun ending ngl. i was hoping there would be some after credits scene that would play with my emotions
So apparently the surprise Google Search page browser game saves your progress when you close the browser.

This really makes me miss the golden age of Flash gaming.
ohh man im ending oneshot now (im doing the last stepping puzzle rn) and the music is so...sad...like...ive been thinking recently about how fast moments pass and...my anxious thoughts combined with that music and nostalgia...like...im comfortably sad...and want to cry internally
We're playing one of the Touch the Stars game jam entries, come join us!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananansy