Not open for further replies.

Mikleo

Resource Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Umm, well, I guess movies are resources too, right?

Anyways, can anyone give pointers on how to make a fluid animation/movie? My movie is kinda choppy, I would like to know how you guys do Movies with Fluid Motions?

This is the movie clip that I made using Clip Studio Paint:

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Tweening.  Gotta draw all those inbetween frames.  The more frames you have, the smoother the animation.  You probably don't want to have fewer than 16 fps.

Blackarte

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

StrawberryFlower

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
THOSE GOBLINS ARE SO COOL.

I started doing busts for my game, but I REALLY hate shading hair...  And I gotta change the colors. XD

ZAHKI.png

DarkBooDev

Destroyer of Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@StrawberrySmiles Not bad! The only thing that kinda throws me off is that his chest doesn't have the same shadows as his face. There should be more defined shadows to give his muscles some depth. Other than that, I think you did the hair beautifully! :)  It looks very good!

Snow White

Fairytale Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there! :cutesmile:

I thought I'd try my hand at editing MV sprites, but because I've only really edited the VX ace ones I don't know what I'm doing XD

So I thought I'd ask you guys what needs improving :D

OK, so here's a TV Samurai-ish character I've finished, what do you think? :cutesmile: (And you can be honest! XD)

I also have to ask you to please not use this sprite in any games you're making, as this is my first time editing MV sprites and it's still very slapdash and I might improve it later :rswt:

MV TV Samurai copy.png

I only edited the RTP (and the generator, which is still the RTP right?) so I don't think I have to credit anyone :rswt:

Thank you for reading, and thank you even more for helping! :wub:

-Snow

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It actually looks good for your first attempt, the only thing I notice is the hard black outline on the hair is a little harder than I am used to.. but it all depends on the game and graphics choice.

Snow White

Fairytale Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Skunk Oh, thank you  :wub:

I was trying to get it as close to the RTP as possible, I'll try to make my outlines a little more subtle, thank you for letting me know  :D

@mlogan I wasn't actually sure where to post it, thank you for moving it for me :cutesmile:

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Keep doing what you are doing, you have a great eye for pixel art :)

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
@KanaXThis is so cuuuuuute! ^^

McSundae

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hi guys, i'm still working on my tiles but i nearly finished the interior tiles :D

screen-23-07.jpg

Currently the carpet is a recolor of the rtp carpet and the stuff inside the shelves is also stolen from the rtp for the moment :p

With some more time i will also do own versions of the carpet and the items in the shelves, but for the moment it was the best way to get life inside this :D

Do you think this looks good enough yet?

aboynamedearth

Onion Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@McSundae

Whoa, those are really rad! I love the textures, especially the wood!

The only thing that bothers me is something about the table chairs - something about them seems out of place, either because they aren't as textured as other pieces of wood in the room, or because they seem a bit... flat? It doesn't look bad by any means, and the more I look at it, the more my brain adjusts to them, so it's likely just me just having a poor critical eye for these sorts of things.

Overall I love how they're turning out!  :rhappy:

McSundae

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
@aboynamedearth Thanks for your very detailed feedback :)

I could imagine that the problem you are having is the recolored RTP Carpet under the table and chairs :D  That makes them look more outstanding since rtp style is different to mine :D

AthenaWhisper

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm very new to doing Sprite work, and this is my first attempt at something "Original": [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0BdhgYh.png[/IMG]

I find that the tentacles look fairly flat, despite my efforts to shade them otherwise.

The chest texture will probably be replaced once I get the main "monster" part how I want it.

Currently this Mimic is going to be a character sheet, and I'll also make a Side-View Battler and a Face for it after it's done.

KanaX

Just being a sleepy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Broken English.
Primarily Uses
N/A
@AthenaWhisper Your chest looks pretty good and so does your treasure chest.

tumblr_mpa9jsyQDH1surl4bo1_500.gif

Yes, the problem is indeed how the tentacles are flat. Try to be a bit more aggressive with your shading. Pick a definitive light source and then try to darken the tentacle parts that are not "hit" by it. Also try to add a small shine on the curves that are exposed to the light source.

McSundae

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
@AthenaWhisper The biggest problem about your tentacles are missing outlines and shading, i tried to give you something you can work with ;)

0BdhgYh.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can we make it so whenever a banned user tries to use their account whilst banned, the forum should redirect to this
Anyone doing anything for NaNoWriMo this year?
Listening to, "Draum" by Eldrim. If you haven't heard it before, do so. Absolutely lovely, and utterly haunting.
Using Live2D is actually pretty fun once you get familiar with where everything is. :rhappy: And no, I'm not learning because of the Vtuber thing going around, but yes looking at those helps a lot to know what can be done :LZSlol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
estudiosdefrikis