Not open for further replies.

AthenaWhisper

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@AthenaWhisper The biggest problem about your tentacles are missing outlines and shading, i tried to give you something you can work with ;)

View attachment 44104

Oh my outlines being too light makes a lot of sense now, that looks so much better. I'll see what I can do with the rest, thanks.

EDIT: [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/R2gBeW0.png[/IMG]

There's my attempt to follow that style on the second and third images and I really like how they look now.

Now I need to go through the pain of making sprites for the other directions, as well as a Battler.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rukiri

I like to make Action-RPGs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
SSJ3 Goku wip, don't need it yet but... was just kinda bored.

ElTVQnO.png

Renoru

Proud Lurker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm making a tileset for my new game and I decided to make it 8-bit. 

8zOqmSC.png

Sample map (Straight from my game):

tYNP2dS.png

chungsie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
that is awesome! I wish I knew how to make tiles.

AthenaWhisper

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yet another piece of WIP Spriting from me, the first piece of my Skeleton Side-View battler, which has taken a couple of days to do:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KAqZTO0.png[/IMG]

If there's any one thing about it I'm not absolutely sure about, it's the eye, it looks a little, jagged. Might also change the jaw a little.

But there's one out of....fifty seven sprites, out of 4 different characters that need battlers.

Which might be a bit easier, as to make this I made every single body part and clothing piece it's own separate layer, so the ribcage, sash and skull are all full sprites behind the arms and jewlery.

Renoru

Proud Lurker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yet another piece of WIP Spriting from me, the first piece of my Skeleton Side-View battler, which has taken a couple of days to do:

KAqZTO0.png

If there's any one thing about it I'm not absolutely sure about, it's the eye, it looks a little, jagged. Might also change the jaw a little.

But there's one out of....fifty seven sprites, out of 4 different characters that need battlers.

Which might be a bit easier, as to make this I made every single body part and clothing piece it's own separate layer, so the ribcage, sash and skull are all full sprites behind the arms and jewlery.

Is it just me, or the arms looks like flesh instead of bones?

Other than that, it's pretty cool! Is that a female version of Sans?  :p

Caitlin

\(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the middle of doing outside RTP colors that take the RTP from 'okay' to 'OH MY GOD!'.  I need some advice if the trees (Celianna's) matches the new color of the RTP. I've been painstaking time to recolor and this is going to be for my adult RPG or rather an RPG that going to be more mature (no sex, just mature themes and decisions).  I am going to have to do each piece bit by bit, because in my opinion a good recolor is worth its weight in salt to forgive an old Roman saying. 

View attachment 44585

c0sa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
@acolyte: Nice and smooth animation!

@darkboodev: i dont like the apples, but if its an 8-bit type game you want then they might fit in. Try using your trees in a scenario in order to see if they look good altogether.

@caitlin: I feel that your re-color fits perfectly with the trees.

@renoru: Awww, RPG 2k3... I love it!

@athewhisper: I would suggest for your tentacles to outline them more, hope im being clear... don't know how else to call it.

Guys, help me with this one. Is this "high terrain" tiles look good enough?

(Ignore character, ignore the rightpart where the rocks dont match :p )

prueba1.png

Rachelsaurus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
2ele3uw.jpg
I don't know why I chose this for a practice. Now sides, and back. o.e

KanaX

Just being a sleepy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Broken English.
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Rachelsaurus Looks very good! But it kinda seems to be marching in place. How about you shorten and displace the upper legs a little bit when they are raised?

Rachelsaurus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
thanks, i'll try that ^-^ It does look like it's kind of gliding when used at the moment too

EDIT:

been working on it more
2re79ld.jpg
2chx57c.jpg

At least I don't hear that "tiptoe tinkle" thing my head looking at this one xD hmm...body feels wrong, and legs don't go high enough....going to try this again.

atasuke10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
j80D4FY.png

I wanted to make some custom battlers for my game, this one's the protagonist, Keep in mind I'm as far of an amateur in spriting as someone can be, so if there's something to learn, i'm open for it. If there's a way to improve her, I need to know. I made her in holder format because it's well.. easiest format for multiple behaviors for me (prefering it over kaduki)

chungsie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
thanks, i'll try that ^-^ It does look like it's kind of gliding when used at the moment too

EDIT:

been working on it more
2re79ld.jpg
2chx57c.jpg

At least I don't hear that "tiptoe tinkle" thing my head looking at this one xD hmm...body feels wrong, and legs don't go high enough....going to try this again.

might i suggest slimming down the rear? if you've ever seen a giraffe, they have skinny rears. the rear on that looks like something a bear, cow or even hippo would have ;)  also near the neck their back is taller, then it slopes down, this would all but hide a good portion of the rear. looks nice walking though.

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
everything in the included image (save for the sprites of course) are pieces ive made from scratch. Its a bit barren, as im working up to object tiles. The amber/dark tiles are supposed to be smooth and have a faint 'sheen' to them, and the white tiles and the middle pedestal/elevated tiles is supposed to be marble. The walls are wood paneled. I worked really hard to get the textures right, i just wanted to get everyones opinion, and pointers. :)      thank you all!

dfvebgb.png

chungsie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
hi Blue Shift. it looks really awesome. I think that the distinction between the checkered and non checkered tiles should have off kilter sheens between them. like a variation in the effect overlay for the sheens.

KanaX

Just being a sleepy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Broken English.
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Rachelsaurus Now it's got no butt! When chungsie suggested that you slim down the butt, they didn't suggest that you remove it completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Feeling like my new profile picture is nice. Thinking of making it semi-permanent, does any one has an opinion? Does it look too evil or does it work as a public profile picture? :)
Bishiba.png
My washing machine is a supernatural being. I lost a piece of clothing in there a month ago; searched up and down, inside other clothes, nothing. It just vanished.
Today, put in a new load. When I pull it out, the missing clothing is back! And a sock was sacrificed in the process :yswt2:
thought I'd upgrade to mz from mv cause of the nice quality of life features but ****ing hell why couldn't they allow old plugins to work in it and secondly how come in over a year since it's release has there been no mz version of something so crucial as a non grid based movement plugin. I guess I'll stick with mv. (why wasnt mz just an update to mv anyway literally nothing substantial changed..)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlosecar