Status
Not open for further replies.

NM Play

~ 0..0 ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
First time actually getting into the grits of the pixels as I am trying to make larger sprites as a test of older things. It has been around 4 hours or so... my eyes are starting to go cross at this point... the arms and the legs were not really done... but looking at it now I think the shoulder pads are to small that might help a bit if I make them bigger. Was considering trying to put in an "elbow-pad" to make the arms look better, but perhaps if I expand the soldier pads they wouldn't look so bad... The legs though... oh god the legs. I don't even know right now... Those are a tomorrow project...

Any suggestions would be helpful since this is as I said literally my first time playing around with spriting. I used Candacis' (sp?) MV Sprites+ as the base... and pretty much took the helmet wholesale from the MV Update 2k3 RTP. I pulled the armor for the chibi version over and had it sitting beside the sprite so I could look at it while I worked on spriting the armor/clothing.

View attachment 46026

I like it but need more shadows and lights on the armor and legs, maybe a bigger gloves will make it look better and imo the color is so hard for a tall sprite, but GJ

Last edited by a moderator:

Leon Kennedy

Restaff Novice
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just wondering if this looks like a believable pick up truck to others?  I think the back looks a bit wonky tbh. Btw its rtp edit obvs but js just in case lol.

pickuptruck.png

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
El Camino!

But seriously, I think you need to round out the cab and remove the back window. Looking pretty good so far.

Leon Kennedy

Restaff Novice
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
El Camino!

But seriously, I think you need to round out the cab and remove the back window. Looking pretty good so far.

Yeah that is true it does look more like an el camino, I would have to make the back look a tad smaller to give the illusion the front is lifted up higher I think. Thank you for the suggestions :)

Leon Kennedy

Restaff Novice
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how does it look now, rounded out the back and removed window :)

Edit: oops double post, ima in trouble q.q

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Uh oh, gotta throw you in the dungeons now! J/k, if you accidentally double post, you can always report it. However, I am going to merge this with the WIP topic, as that's really where this should be.

Leon Kennedy

Restaff Novice
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Uh oh, gotta throw you in the dungeons now! J/k, if you accidentally double post, you can always report it. However, I am going to merge this with the WIP topic, as that's really where this should be.

Thanks mlogan wasn't sure where to put that :D  well here's an update edited some more stuff and made it a color which makes everything easier to see than white. It's clear it still needs shading and stuff the cab is a bit bright compared to the rest. pickuptruckred.png

Leon Kennedy

Restaff Novice
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aww nice truck!

Thank you! Still needs work, also looking for opinions on these. I think they look better than the truck but not really sure can use some suggestions to make them look more reasonable :)

coupe back window.png

coupe.png

PixelLuchi

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
UK English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Vista_WIP.png

Busy with a parallax for a set of pixel-based resources I hope to release one day ( and sell, if I'm lucky xD ).

NM Play

~ 0..0 ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've started working on custom icons for my game...maybe i'll sell them as well.
128x128 and 36x36 French Arming Sword icon comparison.

WIP Swords.png

Leon Kennedy

Restaff Novice
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Leon Kennedy

Restaff Novice
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Black Wip.

uhIMKJy.png

Can't decide between which shading to use for SSJ Rose.

GwRFnux.png
(closer to Chrono Trigger)

xk3NVuc.png
(Closer to the Anime rendition, with aura)

Did you make these or? They are extremely blurry and stretchy like you took some sprites from somewhere else and made them 5x bigger no offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone doing anything for NaNoWriMo this year?
Listening to, "Draum" by Eldrim. If you haven't heard it before, do so. Absolutely lovely, and utterly haunting.
Using Live2D is actually pretty fun once you get familiar with where everything is. :rhappy: And no, I'm not learning because of the Vtuber thing going around, but yes looking at those helps a lot to know what can be done :LZSlol:
[Maybe Sensitive] Personal thoughts on being "cringe".
If I were to say, being a creator also means getting cringe ideas on your project. But why would having one makes the work somehow "being bad"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karterAKA