Status
Not open for further replies.

Caitlin

\(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wanted to have a mixture of a Celianna bridge (with planks, not logs) with bit of FSM (Rope part), only I am NOT sure how if the vertical ropes look like they connect. I tried to look at FSM (VX ACE VERSION) to see how they did it, only it didn't help.
Bridge_Example.PNG

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So, I redone Elena's clothes to match with the title screen (where her arms aren't covered by a cloth, except for shoulder armor and gloves).

Snow White

Worst case Senerio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hiya everyone! :D

Following @Noobk 's advice, I've made their snout thinner and given them bigger nostrils :D (Thank you Noobk, you're advice was really helpful :cutesmile:)
I also gave them some little horns 'cause I noticed a lot of dragons have them, so I thought it might make them look more dragon like :)
Dragon Sprite.png
I also noticed one of their front legs shuffled a little, so I've changed that too! :cutesmile:
Dragon Sprite.gif
What do you think?

Plueschkatze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Beside all the other stuff going on right now I'm currently working on a battler+ battleback set that I plan to sell over itch.io sometime in the near future, hahahaa~

WIPs of different stages for the asset pack.
Edit: Oh, if not obvious already, theme will be water and swamp.

Noobk

Boo-Boo'Da'Foo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Happy Friday.

Below is a short video of some of the WIPs in use. And some other things of me toying around.

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Decided to practice making something simpleish again... Made a wooden crate... I'm not very satisfied with it because id really like to make the texture look more like wood grain, but I'm not sure how to go about it...and I'm scared using to many more colors DX ....im not even sure it would look good. What do yall think?

Box2.png
Crate.png

EDIT: Added a version with a lid.

The transparent color is the yellow by the way, and here is a pic I was referencing:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MzAwWDMwMA==/z/7TsAAOSwEppUMR4B/$_35.JPG?set_id=2

@Snow White - I agree, it looks much more like a dragon....though one id wanna cuddle with <3 .... ^___^ so cute!

Last edited:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Two pixels wide planks isn't enough room to add wood grain. Any attempt will just be noise. It looks good, but the ever widening shadow on the outside of the box makes no sense.

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Sharm - Thank you....im not sure what I was thinking on ever widening shadow :/ , but I fixed it :) . Anyway, you don't think the dark corner pieces on both sides look off, with the lighter color as a highlight? Like, they don't count as banding or fat pixels, do they?

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm not sure what you mean. I don't see any banding or fat pixels, but now that I look more closely there is some inconsistent shading. With the top planks of the board if you're going to shade the top left of the x like that with the light shadow color then the edge of the bottom left and the top right also need to be in shadow along that same edge. The inside of the box is just fine.

MagicOsa

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys, im trying to do my own base. What do you think about that?

Last edited:

Bradok

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Char Set 1.png

A rough sketch-up of the main character for my game. Still needs a bit of shading reworked in a few places, eye color, things like that. When working with bright red and blue base colors for clothing I often find it hard to shade correctly. Other than that I'm still debating about changing his hair to either blond or black. The brown looks alright but it looks way to similar to other hairs I've seen out there.

EDIT: Added first scene of battler.

Last edited:

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@MagicOsa - I feel like the females shoulders are a little too broad, the male looks ok though. :)

EDIT:

This took me last night, and a few hours tonight to do. I used this as a reference: Snowy Cottage !

Its part of a cottage I'm gonna build a little more on. What do yall think so far :) ? Do you think the stones look out of place? Too repetitive?

House1.png

Last edited:

Noobk

Boo-Boo'Da'Foo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@KaBlooZio Yeah, the wall does not does not click for me. Too busy on the eyes. I don't have any good advice for ya though :( The roof on the other hand looks pretty good. Another round of edits and it should look pretty solid.

As for my work, I made a quick and dirty interior set to start toying with. And now I'm realizing I'm getting to this point in my progress that I need to figure out the "outlining thing". I'm starting to end up with some assets without outlining, and some with. I also need to learn anti-aliasing. It will probably solve some of my outlining issues I'm guessing.

Pine Towers

Knight Hospitaller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Working on my own base character.

Went with roughly 28 pixels height because I will work on an upscaled art style (16 pixels * 3) much like the Time Fantasy. The idea is a character more proportional instead of chibi or classic jRPG with bigger heads. Example gif have it with 4 pixel head, so approximately 7 heads tall.

The color pallete is just temporary, later will make it DawnBringers 32. Leg shading is also a little wonky (and would love some tips on this). If possible, leave your comments, anything can - and will - be used to improve upon it. Thanks.

I just think getting the characters right is core to the game, because every other object will be draw with it as reference, and the artstyle used can show the tone of the game

Attachments

Caitlin

\(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am in the middle of creating a background world map, like an ancient map and wanted to get some feed back on it.

Platsch

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Who can make finish the character?
Horde-Trooper (She-Ra)
I have made a template:
horde2.png

ChrAndGow

Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Caitlin The map itself looks really good and I like how your world is set up. Besides the sepia colour it's not looking like a old ancient map written by some ancestors of somebody in your game. I think you know how to create some old look but for completeness I will share my points :D
Dirt/ash stains, scars, cracks, some personal handwitten notes like "Danger!" on some places cause your actor is not the first gy using it ;)
But good work so far :)
@Platsch I'm not sure if someone is able to make your character finish, but jokes aside I'm not sure if youre in the right thread cause there is an requests thread and second what do you want to get finished, do you want a sideview battler a walking sprite or simply shadowing this fellow.
I dont know what you want so I can't help. ^^

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Pine Towers I've found on mine that using the shadows to help reinforce the movement worked pretty well. So shade the limbs that are far back and bring them to the light when they're in the front. The shading on the thighs is just narrowing the legs and not actually serving any purpose. If you must have something there just do it at key points so that you're creating the curve of the muscle. Even at this tiny size it can be helpful to know where those muscles are, so references are still nice. The duck feet are painful, pointing both feet always in the front for that front view is going to be harder because there's no easy direction change to define where the feet start but look much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I made some sideview closets for MV!
You can find them in my MV resource thread.
People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*
Stream will be live shortly with a make-up session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tranphong