Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
If he's a side character he's great. If he's a main character, you should probably add a little more variety of color to make him more visually interesting.

Moo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
fr
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello everyone !

(I RE post here as the modo say to me ;-) sorry for mistake !)

Sorry if my English is not very good I will do my best to be understandable!

I have often used RPGMaker in the past but also other softwares of "Gamemaking", with the release of RPGMaker MV I find this version is really very very good, I love it !!

On the other hand, I have always used the basic RTP and free resources available on the web, which are very good and often derived from an incredible work of "makers" but I have always dreamed of making my own Tilessets and RTP .

So I started ! I am currently working on a complete package compatible with RPGMker MV but also with Tiledmap or any other software used to make maps in Parallax, after several months of work I would like to have an opinion, so I put some videos online and I Will make others.

I reserve for the moment this RTP for a project of game but it is not excluded that I propose it to the community also.

Thank you in advance ;)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYiO92KQTpTAaYGruSq3gYA

All is in state "Work in progress", I will make a website or Blog and probably a Devian Art but it's just a first step !

All your comments will be very appreciated !

Bye

Last edited:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's hard to give feedback on the tiles from a video. Could you show a few screenshots instead?

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The first three images aren't showing, i like what I see on the fourth one, though. The best about it is the brick textures, i think the mountain wall needs some addiotional shading, it looks kind of flat imo. But don't take my opinion too seriously, i'm way worse than you at this.

Moo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
fr
Primarily Uses
N/A
All the opinions are important and thank you very much, for your comments also. The first 3 photos are not displayed for you ? I will try to find another way to share the photos.

For the mountain you are totally right, it is one of the first that I made and it should be used for cliffs (or a world map) and not like a wall, thank you for having pointed it out to me!

I will soon like to show you other maps more varied, bye.

Luiishu535

Coffee Machine Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Created a few doors for my upcoming Game Boy-inspired resource pack. It was a bit of a challenge to stay creative, but I think I managed pretty well.

I'll probably tackle some chairs pretty soon. I don't know why, but I find chairs a bit difficult to get right. xD

Luiishu535

Coffee Machine Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you! Why not? Variety is always nice IMO. I also prefer to work on specific things at once. ^^

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ah, okay. It just sounded like you felt obligated for some reason, but most games could get away with only a few doors.

It's a nice variety.

Pine Towers

Knight Hospitaller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Luiishu535 , pretty impressive how you got so many variations with so few pixels and so little colors!

I've (again) scrapped my template since I couldn't make a reasonable female variety with it. Used as inspiration a sprite art a fellow spriter did to show me. Also ditched the hard outline with the nearest-to-black color I had. Skin uses a different palette from the DawnBringer 32, everything else is DB32.

Below is the evolution of templates. Timeframe is roughly 3 months of work (not counting months were I didn't touch GIMP).
evolution.gif

Onward to tilesets!

I_Has_Popcorn

Kathendal Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Almost done with this, needs a bit of touching up. Then I'll shove it into a faceset.
94364.jpg - Copy - Copy.png

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
What is it? You've got some stray pixels near the bottom curve of the . . . hair? and at the bottom black area of the . . . hood?

I_Has_Popcorn

Kathendal Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Sharm Honestly, I'd tell you if I knew.. Hair is correct, hood, not sure on that one.
Better? 943.png
And how about this one? Changed it to fit MV size. 943 MV Version.png
This too. 434 Expression Change.png

Last edited:

XavierA7X

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I am a total noob. I want to create my own avatar just like these:
http://prnt.sc/ewcfrd

Any suggestions on how to start? Sorry to waste your time but just give me a head start :(

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Total and complete newb? Get references for the type of face you want to draw. Draw an egg shape, smaller end down. Halfway between the top and bottom draw eyes. Halfway between the eyes and chin draw a nose and halfway between that draw a mouth. Behind the egg head draw a cylinder that's somewhere between half and 3/4ths the width of the head. Behind that draw a shallow arch with curves at the ends for shoulders. Then post it so we can figure out what your skill level actually is. Though I think you're going to need a lot more in depth tutorials and years of practice if you're as inexperienced as you're making it sound.

Rukiri

I like to make Action-RPGs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Touching up some of my own stuff.

@XavierA7X - It's really simple draw a circle and sculpt away until you get what you want. Draw quickly and then touch up if you start slow you actually will mess up faster than you did if you just quickly did a sketch. Always chip away at the chin first than go up as the circles shape should be straight from the chin than leaning back.

Last edited:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You've over anti aliased a bunch of things, mostly Picalo's hat. The outline bands are too short for two shades, what you end up with is introducing pillow shading instead. If you really want smooth lines you're going to have to not have the line be solid black, and add some as to the inside of the line as well.

Next time you show these could you use a neutral instead of the black? The outer outlines and Goku's hair is getting lost.

Guiguimu

Walking Disaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hum... I'm currently finishing my sprites... But I'm not so sure about them...
this is Zane and Alena, main characters. Zane is in his first outfit(and it's not done yet, it's missing a scarf) and Alena in her second outfit. They are my fifth attempt to do a custom tall sprite. What can I do to make them better? (or should I completely erase them like I did with the others?)

Attachments

PixelHeart

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Its been a while since Ive made any pixel art, so i may be a little rusty. Anyway, I was trying to create a sort of "style" with this sprite, sort of slightly leaning towards the style One Shot borrowed from Yume Nikki. I wasint trying to be terribly detailed. But I was wanting to know what you all thought :) . Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

bro how do I have over 30 OCs
A good way to mix your own music? What's the learning curve on that?
Would it be better to pay a composer?
What theme for the next windowskin? You'll decide. Tell what you wanna see and I'll try for.
I just saw in a manga an interesting mechanic - setting up a stationary teleport beacon that one can go to no matter where one is in a dungeon. I think it'll work with a similar setup to how I did my airship transition.

Ooh what if you could set up multiple beacons and choose from a list of the beacons you set up?

Hmm...
Actor2_1 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
germanquera