fireflyege

Witch please!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The shape of the boxes are good and unique but the instuctions are an overkill on another level.

Superior Manchild

Level 99 Manchild
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can clearly see where your influence comes from, which isn't a bad thing. Like the design, but if you're using icons like the talking head and the envelop, you don't wanna include "SPEAKING" and "TALKING". The icons are essentially there for that purpose. Also, make the "Z/ENTER" slightly smaller. Otherwise, I like it!

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Rukiri

I like to make Action-RPGs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Redoing my walking frames for fluidity, yes I'm aware his pants aren't colored in and I'm using the same boot sprite (which will be changed) once the animation is to my liking.

( I have the old frame attached as well so idle -> new -> old )
Edit: Updated the boot sprite.

Attachments

Last edited:

Gonor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there, first time posting in this thread.
For my current project I finished the first draft of the title screen.
I've never really done this before but for a first attempt, I'm already quite satisfied with the result, although it's still a WIP.
I'd be happy to hear some feedback on it.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Gonor It needs something but I don't know what. A more solid picture and maybe arranging the screen to fit the guidelines of layout maybe.

@umbralshadows The far breast is significantly larger than the close one. It should be the same or slightly smaller.

Gonor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Gonor It needs something but I don't know what. A more solid picture and maybe arranging the screen to fit the guidelines of layout maybe.
Thanks for your input. :ehappy:
I've been thinking of something in the background with relevance to the plot. Something that indicates what the game is about or maybe an ingame location holding a great deal of importance.

@umbralshadows I like the draft. Although I always wonder: What is it with breasts these days? I mean, every other game has big-breasted women (or female-looking creatures) to attract attention. Sure, big breasts are nice and all but still... Maybe reduce their overall size?

umbralshadows

the silks angel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Gonor Cuzz my game will have all different body types an I wanted one a tha player chara options ta look more like one a my friends who is thick/curvy? Guess I just like uh realistic in my games or diversity. I dont know man. It made her happy so I'm not keen on changing that part.

@Sharm Thanks yo. I'll try ta fix it.

Gonor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Gonor Cuzz my game will have all different body types an I wanted one a tha player chara options ta look more like one a my friends who is thick/curvy? Guess I just like uh realistic in my games or diversity. I dont know man. It made her happy so I'm not keen on changing that part.
Ah, didn't know that. Personally, I don't have a problem with curvy women (although, that's off-topic^^).
And I didn't want to say you absolutely need to change it. Was just wondering about how many big breasted women you see in games lately. :ewink:

umbralshadows

the silks angel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, didn't know that. Personally, I don't have a problem with curvy women (although, that's off-topic^^).
And I didn't want to say you absolutely need to change it. Was just wondering about how many big breasted women you see in games lately. :ewink:
Thouh tits are really hard ta draw. Wondering what I got myself into. :kaodes:
Tha current other player chara looks like this (but more finished now an will be completed today)

I thouht most games female protag look more like that one just like.

There'll be three male three female an may be one androgyne. My last fem player chara will look younger I think. An rounder an "cuter" with dark skin. Then its onto tha males I go an I'm very bad at drawing males. :kaoswt:I'll put em all here so I know what ta fix. Cuzz I'm a n00b artist an need help making my game look as best as it can be at my current skill yo.

callmedan

Friendly Stranger
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I'm learning how to sprite. Thanks to @hiddenone 's tutorial, I could do my first sprite (it's a sprite of me :kaoswt:)
But it seems XP charset is a bit harder to make than MV charset :kaoswt2:

It's not really good in my opinion. What do you think? :kaoswt:

Zephro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm looking for feedback on the trees and stump I made. Do the trees fit in or look out of place? The 2 massive trees are a bit incomplete and I know the shadows have different opacity, just ignore that. I can't decide which massive tree I like more to touch up and keep. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Luiishu535

Coffee Machine Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think I like the big tree to the right a bit more than the one to the left. All in all, I don't think your tiles clash that much with the RTP.

Here's a little thingamajig I did to check if I've made any progress with my pixel art. Everything's from 2017, of course.

I know it's not much to celebrate over (I'm not really an artist). xD Well, I guess I better get back and crack that whip!

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Good improvement. Be careful about not making everything with the same level of visual complexity, keep in mind the need for some negative space to go with all the positive. If you're looking at one item a lot of details and contrast will look really good, but if you do that for everything it will flatten the image and be visually exhausting. Simple and blank areas can be essential for balance and don't have to be boring.

The need for visual balance is the main reason I recommend that people who are making resources use mockups, since these pieces have to work together as a whole.

shadefoundry

Is Sinistar
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I'm trying my hand at pixel art from the ground up. I figured it would be best to try to limit myself to a set palette and I ended up going with one similar to that of the NES, since it allows for some pretty colorful visuals. It's been a few days and I finally have a few tiles I'm happy with.
Below are the tiles I have and a quick mock-up I threw together in Tiled to make sure they all tile properly.

I'm going for a kind of pokemon meets dragon quest aesthetic, but I'm not sure I've nailed it just yet. Any constructive criticism, or even just tips for improving are well appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I have a lighter work schedule next week. Is that a sign to move on to MZ?
I got a new rpg idea yesterday, titled "The Hero We Summoned to Save Us is a War Criminal from our Past?!"
Work on Yanfly's MZ plug-ins is coming along nicely. Looking forward to getting them: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Core_Engine_VisuStella_MZ
so uh variables can only be used for num lol? I guess I gotta fix that once MZ come out lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BM_ANDERSON