Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
New is loads better but the non-symmetrical shading might be harder to work with. Slower to create at least.

Rukiri

I like to make Action-RPGs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Redid the hair since I decided to simplify things.
9P55O7B.png

New > Old

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Currently I'm working on some RTP remakes for fun.
Here's the actor 1-6 remake.

MV_Actors_1-6_red.png
MV_Actors_1-6_black.png

She's one of my favorite MV females along with Therese.
The left one is her with her regular red eyes, the right one is her with black eyes.
(honestly I like the black eyes more, but that'll contradict her sprite xD)

I'm gonna release it along with the other actor 1 characters. :D

ZheroIsland

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I created this art for my 3D game, the inspire from very old RPG horror game IB, and Witch house. :kaojoy:

The make up , and dress layout is from Victorian era.
Makeup intentionally make to pale to support horror atmosphere..Development update.jpg :kaoluv:

Now I'm decision to making her skirt. any recomendation for her skirt? or for this character that should be improve? :kaohi:

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ZheroIsland
Do you plan to make a lineless art or lined art in the finished version?
Personally I'd go for lineless considering the art style. (so the lines on her clothes need to be erased)
Anyway, the art already capture the horror atmosphere even though it's unfinished.
Great!

About her skirt, maybe a long rippled skirt would be a good fit?

ZheroIsland

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@EpicFILE Yeah, I will change her line color outside clothes at the end :kaoluv:
thankyou for your advice :kaojoy::kaohi:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@ZheroIsland This section is for helping workshop artwork to be used in RPG Maker. It's not meant to be helpful for those not using the engine and is likely to stray into advice that would be not useful in 3D engines. We do not support other engines here.

Sakurra

I want a brownie.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not a very good spriter and I would appreciate if someone else could look over and see something I can't. I'm pretty okay with what I made but I think it still needs more work. And I'm not sure what. I think it may need more colors?

Like does the anatomy look okay, etc? I used a reference of an actual sprite to create this one. I just think a fresh pair of eyes other than mine could help identify how to make it better. :kaoswt:

Edit: Oh, I just realized I posted this in the wrong form. I apologize.:kaomad2:

Attachments

• please critique.png
    please critique.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 12

Prez

Blarp-a-barp
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@jjbones123 Thanks! I quite like all of your sprites, as well; they have a nice, crisp cartoony style to them. I hope to see more like that!

Anyways, I've lately been experimenting with the POP Horror City style, and today I made these two:
NickAndJudyPixelEdition.png

Yes, it's Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde from Zootopia. I'm overall pretty happy with how they came out, especially since I completed them in less than a day (which is pretty fast by my standards), but I wasn't sure if the 'mouthless' style the rest of the characters have really worked well for them, so I included alternate versions which have visible mouths. Which one is better, would you say? Regardless, I do plan on making a full sprite sheet for them eventually (with tails that sway back and forth, natch).

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Mouthless on Judy, keep the smirk on Nick. I think mixing isn't a bad thing here and it keeps Judy her ridiculously adorable self and Nick just isn't himself without a nice smirk. Plus, fox's mouths are more obvious IRL.

Goddiga

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am curious about the correct perspective and other factors for these backgrounds.

6kpxlJm.jpg

msEDI1k.jpg

3yGF48m.jpg

WmOtotG.jpg

Which one is correct in terms of perspective and other aspects need to be concerned for background? Or maybe neither? There will be two sprites showing on the left and right side of the picture. Thank you!

*Sprites example:

AiiI7SP.jpg

*Notes : I didn't draw these myself. It is a commission I paid for my game.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
They're all correct. It's just a matter of which one you like best.

Rukiri

I like to make Action-RPGs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Just took a shot in the dark here, updated color pallet and such.
ji6IGm3.png

I've also noticed the larger the sprite is the less colors you actually need for shading.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That's not actually it. You've become better at using your colors more effectively. Your earlier stuff always had too many colors. You actually need less colors the smaller something is.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I typically ask this on my normal social media channels, but figured there may be good replies here. Anyone got any good horror movie recommendations? I've seen a lot, but I always love getting suggestions! Bonus points if you know which service it is streaming on (in the US) - bring on the spOoooOky!
 After a few distractions (and my annual rough second week of October), I’m getting back on track with my OMGC project.
 Am I overcomplicating it? Yes. Am I going to tone it down? Almost certainly not.
 At least the dialogue stuff is almost done. I need to do the map itself, and then all that’s left is combat.
 Getting there!
Creating 3D CGs for Cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I keep wanting to post every song I make for the game and have to hold back on that because at this rate, I'll have spoiled all the really good stuff lol..
DerniBorges wrote on TSR's profile.
Is there any way this plugin works with the big character, and the QSprite plugin? Using RTP chars, everything works fine, but the big ones, with QSprite, it's like that in the image, it doesn't reflect right. And there is, in the settings, an option to fix it. Thanks.
bug2.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymateds