The Resource WIP Thread 3

Discussion in 'Resource Support' started by Celianna, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Rukiri

Rukiri I like to make Action-RPGs Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Had help from a buddy with timing.
    Goku-walk-wip_-export3.gif

kaine and Marquise* like this.
  2. mazzy-elf

mazzy-elf Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I decided to work on my own sprite bases with the same proportions as the Dark Fantasy set and Default MV sprites in a similar style in case I want to do commissions, so while I'm working on that I'll post up what I finished with trying to recreate the Dark Fantasy set for anyone to use free for their projects
    tall male Skintones.png tall female Skintones.png

Anyone, psipumpkin and Marquise* like this.
  3. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Looks really good. The only thing I can think of that might want to be changed is that her bust is the narrowest point on her body. Which is fine, if you want her to be pair shaped, but isn't the usual body type for a one type fits all base.

mazzy-elf likes this.
  4. mazzy-elf

mazzy-elf Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you n_n I'm actually planning on doing multiple body types 'I know I'm crazy' XD so I don't mind her being bottom heavy, I plan on doing some chunky ones and some skinny ones... And then I'm going to go even more insane by making a large one suitable for orcs and goliaths, a small one for goblins and such a tiny one for pixies... And then for fun an animal crossing like one for animal like people, all because I am now obsessed with DnD XD

Marquise* and Sharm like this.
  5. Rukiri

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    I personally prefer a more hand drawn approach to drawing sprites, for me I can't stand using a template, I'll draw one but but only use like the torso, and everything else is pretty much drawn from scratch as NOBODY looks the same! But not bad for a MV styled template @mazzy-elf!
    upload_2019-4-25_21-37-48.png
    Goku-walk-wip_-export3.gif

6. Moo

Moo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    fr
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi all,

@Benevolentwanderer thank you for comment, finally I make some changes and change faces orientation, it's better, not perfect but better, the pack need some little work to be finish but in few days I will be happy to share it, I make a little web site for my ressources, I have no new screenshot for now but i made a video if you want to see, bye and thank you for help.

Marquise* likes this.
  7. PixelHeart

PixelHeart The Pixel Heartist! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    upload_2019-4-30_16-40-14.png Messing around with making facesets, this one is for a project. Its a little bigger than what Im used to drawing. Would appreciate any feedback from you guys :D ! Thank yous in advance.

Benevolentwanderer and Marquise* like this.
  8. Moo

Moo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    fr
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi all,

After some work my pack is finish (more than 200 exclusive parts), and my website, I will share the Generator Pack today or tomorrow in MV ressources showcase, if I can ^^ A little screen of examples made with the extended generator (omg this generator!) If you any feedback or comment ? bye

exemple 4.jpg

I made all SV/TV/TVD files also ;)

Marquise* and Benevolentwanderer like this.
  9. Sharm

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @KaBlooZio The thing that jumps out to me the most is that the hair style between the sprite and the character doesn't match. There's also something odd about the face structure that I can't pinpoint. Could you remove the hair temporarily please? It's like clothes for the head, it can get in the way of figuring out what's not working.

@Moo Cool! People always seem to love more generator parts. I've noticed that you're using a lot of gradients and soft shading. The base uses a mix, but it's more about the hard cell shading style and then using soft shading after to add details and charm. It's actually harder than cell shading alone on a technical level, unfortunately. Anyway, my point is that if you want to get the art style to mesh better, you'll need to add in some more distinct shadows and highlights.

Marquise* likes this.
  10. Moo

Moo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    fr
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Sharm Thank you for your reply, I noted your advices thx ;) Yes you are totally right, it's caused by my method to draw and I have not for the moment find a good way to reproduce the art style, your advice will help me ;) also I think perhaps it's more apparent because I used the extended generator and lot of gradient mask are different, with the MV generator it's better but yes I will work in the direction on next pack ! thank you.

Here some screenshots of my game, you can see my work on tilesets for castle interior and house interior, i know it's not pixel art or MV art style ;) and women example of gen pack.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    Marquise* likes this.
  11. HazukiWolfe

HazukiWolfe Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Sorry if I didn't post this in the right place >.< but I need help with this sprite
    $Hazuki2.png
    I love how she looked at first but now I feel like shes too chunky and I was wanting to make her more petite with a slimmer head and also fix her side view chest where it isn't showing the other side. I've tried to fix her but no matter what I do, she comes out looking bad. so could someone please help me :kaocry:

Marquise* likes this.
  12. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    @HazukiWolfe I've merged your thread with our Resource WIP thread.

13. Sharm

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @HazukiWolfe This might sound odd, but try widening her hips. That will change the effects of the other proportions, and might make her look more petite like you wanted.

Marquise* likes this.
  14. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    I was wondering too; I thought she looked better than many chibis I ever saw around.

15. FleshToDust

FleshToDust Evented Madness Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Deleted because of no feedback.

Finished other mechanics in my game and found time to re-pixel some stuff. Dithering is a huge pain. I need to find a better way of doing this. You can see the bottom of the robe I'm trying to use some flat colours instead of dithering anymore. The problem is using flat colours without making the image look flat. I like how the sword and hood turned out. The robe was a huge pain though.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    Marquise* likes this.
  16. WhateversLeft

WhateversLeft Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi, I'm new to RPG Maker and have been enjoying playing around with it for the past couple of weeks. Most recently I've been trying to create my own character sprites - I wanted something taller and a little less 'cute' than the default ones while keeping the pixel-art style. With that in mind I ended up going for size of 48 x 96. However, at that size, when imported into MV the movement looked a little...jerky. Attempting to get something more smooth, I had another go using Galv's plugin to increase the number of character frames, sliced up the little guy I'd drawn and imported him into Spriter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The result of much further messing around in Spriter was the two walk animations above. Both are 8 frames long, but the advantage of using Spriter is that I'll only have to draw each piece of clothing once (for the most part, at least) for each direction. I'm still working on the animation for walking up (as well as the female base version) but since this is the first time I've done any sprite animation I thought I'd ask for some feedback - how could I improve what I have so far? Is there any part of the sprite or the cycle that just looks 'off'? Would I be better changing the colour/loction of the shadows? Any other potential improvements people could suggest?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Marquise* likes this.
  17. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  18. PixelHeart

PixelHeart The Pixel Heartist! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Ok, I trying to master nature type stuff, and since trees seem to be the hardest I decided to start there. This took me about 2 hours, and I think I didint pretty good, but I want to see what you all think. Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you very much :) .

edit: X_X ... forgot the pic.

tree.png

Finnuval and Marquise* like this.
  19. Finnuval

Finnuval World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @KaBlooZio let me start by saying I could't pixel art to save my life so take anything I say with that in mind :D
    But it looks pretty good actually. Only thing I can critisize is the lack of (enough) shading on some parts and it being a little to symetrical imo.
    Having said thhat, good job!

PixelHeart likes this.
  20. Rukiri

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Working on a Open Source RPG Kit.
    Charbase time!
    [​IMG]

Size difference between the sprites for DBHS and the Spritebase for Zen.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019