The Resource WIP Thread 3

Discussion in 'Resource Support' started by Celianna, Aug 14, 2017.

1. PixelHeart

PixelHeart The Pixel Heartist! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    :D Getting better! Soon, I will be the nature master! Any feed back is appreciated! :DDD

Attached Files:

Pancaketophat and Marquise* like this.
  2. Pancaketophat

Pancaketophat Hello! Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    I made a really, really cute sprite and I want to upscale it. Is there any way to do that without destroying the whole thing? The art program I use is Firealpaca, I don't have access to anything that requires money. (If anyone knows how to pirate stuff I wont tell ;^) ) ALSO, Critiques are welcome! I had to redo the side view of his head, because it was smaller than the forwards facing sprite. Screenshot_53.png

Marquise* likes this.
  3. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Pancaketophat The map thread isn't for asking questions about sprites, so I've merged your post with the WIP thread instead. Besides redrawing things so the torso and limbs are longer., the only way I know of to make the sprite bigger is to just double the size.

4. Pancaketophat

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Sorry. Didn't know this was the wrong thread :L

5. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Pancaketophat No worries, we were all new once. :) I did a quick edit to your sprite, it seems like it should be pretty easy to make it taller if you just take some time to lengthen the legs and torso.
    ex.png

Pancaketophat likes this.
  6. Pancaketophat

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Woaahh!! Wow.. Yeah that works :0
    When I did try to make him taller, the sprites would clip into eachother? When he walked around there was an extra pair of his own legs ontop of his head. Is there a setting in MV where I can change the size of the grid thing?

Attached Files:

7. Pancaketophat

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    It looks great! Do you do the color variation manually, or is there something like a "noise" brush in the program you use?

PixelHeart likes this.
  8. PixelHeart

PixelHeart The Pixel Heartist! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    @Pancaketophat - Oh, that tree is old news. I made a way better tree a few days later. Still not the master of nature, but still getting alot better. :3 unknown.png

EDIT: And I cant remember, but I may have used a noise brush a little, but Ive since found that that does NOT bring good results. I was just trying to be lazy. The best results require precise, meticulous, intentionally laid pixels.

9. Pancaketophat

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    I'm making headshots for Jaree. This is a lot of fun! It's fun drawing more extreme emotions, considering I don't do them as much as I should. I also made a bloody variant of the crying sprite, but I'm not sure about the rules pertaining to gore, so I'm hesitant to post it. Even so, I'm not sure if I'm ever really gonna use it at all. Better to just leave it in the files and let people wonder what horrifying stuff I had in mind for the demo, lmao.
    JareeHead.png
    Screenshot_66.png

Marquise* likes this.
  10. Knayter

Knayter *teleport behind you* Nothing personal kid Veteran

First Language:
    Viet Nam
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I've been working on this weight set for quite a while now, but I just cant seem to get right. Any clues/feedback would be very appreciated! upload_2019-6-28_17-35-55.png

Marquise* likes this.
  11. cl4ptr4p

cl4ptr4p relaxed af Veteran

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Knayter - Hi, to be honest the weight set looks on spot! But one thing that's bothering me is the distance between these two poles:
    upload_2019-7-2_19-19-8.png

Perhaps extending the distance between the two poles would help. :rwink:

I inducted a recent color study on blue hues as highlights and shadings of a portrait for my friend, although I feel like some colors are a bit off. Would be nice to get some feedback. :rswt
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    Marquise* likes this.