Pancaketophat

Hello!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I made a really, really cute sprite and I want to upscale it. Is there any way to do that without destroying the whole thing? The art program I use is Firealpaca, I don't have access to anything that requires money. (If anyone knows how to pirate stuff I wont tell ;^) ) ALSO, Critiques are welcome! I had to redo the side view of his head, because it was smaller than the forwards facing sprite. Screenshot_53.png

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Pancaketophat The map thread isn't for asking questions about sprites, so I've merged your post with the WIP thread instead. Besides redrawing things so the torso and limbs are longer., the only way I know of to make the sprite bigger is to just double the size.

Pancaketophat

Hello!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Pancaketophat The map thread isn't for asking questions about sprites, so I've merged your post with the WIP thread instead. Besides redrawing things so the torso and limbs are longer., the only way I know of to make the sprite bigger is to just double the size.

Sorry. Didn't know this was the wrong thread :L

Pancaketophat

Hello!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Pancaketophat No worries, we were all new once. :) I did a quick edit to your sprite, it seems like it should be pretty easy to make it taller if you just take some time to lengthen the legs and torso.
Woaahh!! Wow.. Yeah that works :0
When I did try to make him taller, the sprites would clip into eachother? When he walked around there was an extra pair of his own legs ontop of his head. Is there a setting in MV where I can change the size of the grid thing?

Attachments

• Screenshot_55.png
    Screenshot_55.png
    62.6 KB · Views: 6

Pancaketophat

Hello!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
:D Getting better! Soon, I will be the nature master! Any feed back is appreciated! :DDD

It looks great! Do you do the color variation manually, or is there something like a "noise" brush in the program you use?

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Pancaketophat - Oh, that tree is old news. I made a way better tree a few days later. Still not the master of nature, but still getting alot better. :3 unknown.png

EDIT: And I cant remember, but I may have used a noise brush a little, but Ive since found that that does NOT bring good results. I was just trying to be lazy. The best results require precise, meticulous, intentionally laid pixels.

Pancaketophat

Hello!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I'm making headshots for Jaree. This is a lot of fun! It's fun drawing more extreme emotions, considering I don't do them as much as I should. I also made a bloody variant of the crying sprite, but I'm not sure about the rules pertaining to gore, so I'm hesitant to post it. Even so, I'm not sure if I'm ever really gonna use it at all. Better to just leave it in the files and let people wonder what horrifying stuff I had in mind for the demo, lmao.
JareeHead.png
Screenshot_66.png

Puffer

creator of a game that doesnt exist yet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've been working on this weight set for quite a while now, but I just cant seem to get right. Any clues/feedback would be very appreciated!upload_2019-6-28_17-35-55.png

cl4ptr4p

bibimbap
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Knayter - Hi, to be honest the weight set looks on spot! But one thing that's bothering me is the distance between these two poles:
upload_2019-7-2_19-19-8.png

Perhaps extending the distance between the two poles would help. :rwink:

I inducted a recent color study on blue hues as highlights and shadings of a portrait for my friend, although I feel like some colors are a bit off. Would be nice to get some feedback. :rswt
97755-26e6a5f1a7b9f9d7ce704ddbd879a00c.jpg

97753-26e6a5f1a7b9f9d7ce704ddbd879a00c.jpg

Attachments

• renae3.png
    renae3.png
    892.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

MadRamDesigns

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello.
I'm trying to closely mimic mv rtp style, I'd appreciate some others' opinions who are more familiar to the content. Does this look like it fits with existing assets on B or C tilesets? I'm aware the ground shadow needs work.
Thanks.
tracked.png

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
*sees vehicles*

HUBBA HUBBA HUBBA!

Are they to share? I wanna show this to a game creator!
(I want to make stuff that great too ^^ )

MadRamDesigns

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks!
yes, you can show it.
I plan on starting a proper mv resource thread in August, prob have some alternative orthographic views of that.

VitaliaDi

Jedi Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pancaketophat Paint.NET is a free program and great for pixel art. You'd be able to resize that with the "nearest neighbor" option.

@PixelHeart I think he looks pretty great. Nice pose and perspective. He could use a shadow I think and his left foot is turned out a tiny bit too much :)

Working on the main sprites for my Revallia game. I used Zelda Oracle game sprites as inspiration since I love the style so much.

67930416_898327167199129_758410453318631424_n.png
67834570_2333008426939074_8350756298601529344_n.png

Last edited:

lusitop12

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
the other day I was like.... emmmm why not? I was using default or kaduki's one since I begin with this. so I was determined to finally change that. soo here we are.

I'm presenting to u the old (kaduki ones) and the news (create by me) CHARAAAAASSSSS

04DKXkq.png

I waiting for ur comment below (wink)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
General Discussion is for looking at broad themes that affect the making of games. It is not for getting feedback on sprites you have made.

I'm on my phone and it is being particularly awkward about getting links, otherwise I'd merge this for you into the WIP thread in Resource Support. You will have to wait until another Mod comes along to do that. I thought I'd just let you know why this thread is not being approved.

Omega Weapon

AKA Laura
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's been a while since I've posted something here.

Working on a base. I'm not entirely happy with this, as it feels like the head is way too feminine for the body.
upload_2019-8-11_23-21-59.png arms are very WIP

It's supposed to be a 17 to 18-year old... so well... almost mature.
Okay, maybe that body is a bit TOO much

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

1638170340913.png
Crossover Inn is getting very crowded, and I love it
Climbing to the top #mapping
1638160732198.png
I've started the first steps of the final few maps that I need to make for B:ms. I haven't been able to say that in a really, really long time. It'd probably be a good idea to blog about this or something.
Question for the Mods: What am I supposed to do when I can't make a synopsis 350 words long? (for project recruitment thread) @Shaz @mlogan
The game is meant to be more on the simple side in order to be achievable so I'm a bit stuck...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mur2fer