The Resource WIP Thread 3

Discussion in 'Resource Support' started by Celianna, Aug 14, 2017.

1. GalacticGod

GalacticGod Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Been trying to create a Stormtrooper (from Star Wars) in the tradition RPGMaker MV style. I'm not sure about the helmet yet:

Stormtrooper - Test.png

Does it look correct or does it still need work (and if it needs work what suggestions could you offer)?

2. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    I wish I could help; I am not sure of the angle of the mouth piece. If also it is obtainable in spriting (some angles and curves gets crazy that way)

3. MadRamDesigns

MadRamDesigns Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The front is recognizable, though the profile views need some work.
    The side 'ridges' curve convex rather than concave, and then wrap around and meet in the back of the head, which sticks out a little.
    And rather than using the solid black outline for drawing the ridges, try a grey; whenever black outlines are used they suggest pieces stuck on rather than protrusions from the same surface. If that makes sense.

4. GalacticGod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Here is my next attempt at a Stormtrooper (from Star Wars) in the tradition RPGMaker MV style.

Stormtrooper - Test.png

5. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @GalacticGod I think you should work more on the shapes of the helmet, you're on the right track but it seems too flat at the moment. The eyes on yours are much higher than on the actual sprite, which makes the whole sprite feel like it was painted on a wall and isn't meant to wander around a map. The sideview 'nose' part of the helmet also seems too large, it doesn't need to stick out all that much to give off the right vibe. I made some quick versions of my own, trying to focus on the shapes, so hopefully you can see what I mean.
    Stormtrooper - ex.png
    I'm going to suggest rewatching the movies so you can study the helmets and their shapes more (you could just look at pictures, but who doesn't like having a reason to watch star wars? :p ).

6. GalacticGod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wow, what you came up with looks really great! Thanks for all the feedback. I knew mine did not look right but I was just at a loss on how to fix it, lol. I think I am going to go back to drawing board with this one. Once again thanks for the feedback and advice.

7. katharine

katharine Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello! It's my first time posting my edits, and since pixel art is a pretty new thing for me, I appreciate any and all criticism y'all have to offer. Since it's beyond my skills right now to make an entirely custom set of graphics, I've been working on mainly customizing the main characters' appearances to make them look more unique. Beneath the cut are the outfit references/dialogue portraits for the respective characters- I don't mind critique on those, but I'm mainly after critique for the outfits themselves in the combat sprites. ONLY the outfits were pixelled by me.

13139379_hlGKhBcmEmchT27.png 13139475_C4ib6yK20gDONs4.png nadiaspritesbattlertestOUTFITNEW.png nadia dress.png

13139389_1lg555VxNfFyTBZ.png 13139523_iPQwcvwrq6rh0bL.png MINKBATTLESPRITE.png MINKBATTLESPRITECLOTHES.png

l8rose, Marquise* and CoryH like this.
  8. GalacticGod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is there anyone out there that might be able to help me fix this:

SV Battler Test.png

I have been working on an edit of Vibrato's battlers and I can not seem to get her dress to flow correctly. It just looks a little wonky every time it animates. I have been trying to fix it but just can not seem to get it to look correct. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Marquise* likes this.
  9. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Try correcting first pose (especially that bend front opening in the front? It seems like a ribbon there and other poses the rear of the dress. Once it is decided what it is it might help.) and is it a 1231 or a 1232?

10. PixelHeart

PixelHeart The Pixel Heartist! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Its me DESK!...

I would love any critique or feed back on this piece, Im particularly wondering what you think about the legs of the desk, and any critique on anti-aliasing.

upload_2019-12-10_21-22-58.png

Thank you so much for your feed back! <3

11. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @PixelHeart The fact the mug is slightly hanging off the desk really concerns me! Other than that, I like the overall look and the desk's legs are a neat shape, but I think the shading on them is a bit off. The light source seems to be from the left, but there's not a lot of highlights on the left leg compared to the one on the right.