The Resource WIP Thread 3

J-G

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@J-G Its supposed to look like a smile, Haha. I added a little pink to represent a blush - I wonder what else I could do to make it look like a smile?

Also, do you think the highlight on the girls hair is too saturated? I was thinking of toning it down a hair.

Thanks for your kind words.
I kinda like the color of the highlight lol and why don't you try a softer tone for the smile. So it don't blend with the eye so much.

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I kinda like the color of the highlight lol and why don't you try a softer tone for the smile. So it don't blend with the eye so much.
Wow I can just not use black. This isn't sarcasm, this is me genuinely realizing this :) thanks friend!

J-G

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow I can just not use black. This isn't sarcasm, this is me genuinely realizing this :) thanks friend!
No worries. Sometimes it takes another person's perspective to help notice details that one alone sometimes fells to see.

J-G

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay everyone. There are certain shapes at times, especially when burned out, that I cannot seem to get shaded right at all.
Can someone help me edit this to make it look a bit better? It's supposed to be kinda like a large bean bag chair.

Attachments

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay everyone. There are certain shapes at times, especially when burned out, that I cannot seem to get shaded right at all.
Can someone help me edit this to make it look a bit better? It's supposed to be kinda like a large bean bag chair.
Maybe add some stretches in fabric to show that the bean bag is sinking down?

Reactions: J-G

J-G

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe add some stretches in fabric to show that the bean bag is sinking down?
I'll try that and see if afterwards I like the outcome. Though it may have to be tomorrow. Not a good day health wise for me.

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Sanyee

Just a Random but really Cool NPC
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, J-G, did you fix your bean bag chair? I just saw it....
That is more or less how I would have done? Maybe it can help you ?

BeanBagChair.png

Just wanted to say that your pixel style is beautiful.
Thank you~ :kaothx: You made my day~ I'll keep working hard... :kaopride:

And now... What I have been doing...

portinha bem loka.gif I put some hinges as J-G told, but it doesn't look quit right...

Now my all new tries... Well...
Well.png Thats is supposed to be a well...
Rock01.pngRock02.png some rocks....

Arvore.png My first attempt at doing a tree...

What do you guys think? Any help and advise is welcome~

• Love
Reactions: J-G

J-G

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, J-G, did you fix your bean bag chair? I just saw it....
That is more or less how I would have done? Maybe it can help you ?

Thank you~ :kaothx: You made my day~ I'll keep working hard... :kaopride:

And now... What I have been doing...

View attachment 133160 I put some hinges as J-G told, but it doesn't look quit right...

Now my all new tries... Well...
View attachment 133159 Thats is supposed to be a well...
View attachment 133157View attachment 133158 some rocks....

View attachment 133161 My first attempt at doing a tree...

What do you guys think? Any help and advise is welcome~
Not yet but I'm loving it, thanks for the help. Your right the hinges look odd. Maybe they need a little highlight better the hidge and frame. Like right next to the gray?
Well looks great! Minor shadows to bricks or highlight and it's golden. Same with tree and rock. The rock mainly on the edges facing sun.

Sanyee

Just a Random but really Cool NPC
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not yet but I'm loving it, thanks for the help. Your right the hinges look odd. Maybe they need a little highlight better the hidge and frame. Like right next to the gray?
Well looks great! Minor shadows to bricks or highlight and it's golden. Same with tree and rock. The rock mainly on the edges facing sun.
So.... I tried to d that.... I guess I kinda "fix" the tree and well? but.... I just can't fix the rocks... I just mess it up...

the change was soooo slight that I had to put the two side by side to see the difference...
Well.pngWell 0.2.png
Should I put more shadows, and make the highlight more visible?

Arvore.png as for the tree... how does it look?

J-G

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So.... I tried to d that.... I guess I kinda "fix" the tree and well? but.... I just can't fix the rocks... I just mess it up...

the change was soooo slight that I had to put the two side by side to see the difference...
View attachment 133164View attachment 133163
Should I put more shadows, and make the highlight more visible?

View attachment 133162 as for the tree... how does it look?
They are both looking much better. For the Well I would say yes on the highlights lol I can't see them very well.
Tree, I say maybe reflective light on the shadow side of the tree might be needed but if the art fits your game style as is then it's not for say needed.
Don't forget add a little more detail to trunk

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Holder Your knight battler looks awesome, even without armor! One suggestion for his woozy pose is to have him resting the sword on the ground (or stick in in the ground to lean on it). It looks cool as-is, but if he was really not feeling great then I'd expect him to not be able to properly balance while holding the sword on his shoulder.

Holder

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Cheers @hiddenone I'll do something like that for the female Knight as I've planned for her to hold the sword in a way that something like that will be easier to do.

marbeltoast

Your future fish emporer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My second swing (pardon the pun) at some basic weapons, now with somewhat improved lighting/shading. At least, I hope it's better.Basic Weapon Icon Set.png
I've left the plague doctor's cane and mace (12 and 13) as they were, because neither is actually supposed to be sharp, per se. I've also done some minor touch-ups here and there. What do we think? Is it an improvement? What, if anything, do I need to do next?

J-G

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Quick WIP, still debating how and where to add the highlight, shadow and minor details to finalize this. What do y'all think I should do?
Wonder Square.png

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
@J-G , I think anytime you start something you should have a light direction arrow on a cube shaded in the right fashion and on a sphere close by your work and that way you'd have a quick reminder as you work on your assets and if you use the same all the time, it'll uniform your assets. (Remember to inverse with curved assets such as spoons.)

J-G

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
True but most assets don't have the same light source for me, since they won't be used in my other maps. Only a rare few I keep uniform.
This one is more towards straight top light source since above it will be some light show kinda thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

*Buys all the PVGames assets, ends up creating his own ground tiles.* At least I used the other types of graphics? Right? :kaoswt:
If you could fold a sheet of paper 42 times, the stack would reach from the earth to the moon. Do whatever you want with that information.
wishing that everyone stays safe at this time
Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FoxStyle