Whitewitchworks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am super proud of how these came out so I really wanted to share them I would love any feedback you might have to offer :)

Almost everything is RTP except for the big net draping off the fishermans hut (That I might resize smaller)

And the windows on the church which are Avery's
building example 2PNG.pngbuilding example 3PNG.pngbuilding example1.png

Last edited:

LVGames

Welcome to Sword Swinging Super Slashers®
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks super good. I like the flowers around the door looks very detailed.

Whitewitchworks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Whitewitchworks The Art, Literature and Music subforum is for all things not RM related.
[mod]I merged your thread with Resource WIPs.[/mod]
I'm sorry I didn't know about this thread and the art liturature and music forum says it's open for any endevor RPG maker or not so I just Kind of assumed that was where I was suppose to post it. I'm sorry

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Whitewitchworks I like the designs, but you seem to be struggling with the depth of the objects. Not surprising, since this angle is a tough one to wrap your head around. Sometimes it helps me to think of what that object would look like when turned. For example, a set of stairs that take up 4 tiles when viewed from the side should use approximately 4 tiles when viewed from the front. The angle is actually more like 3/4ths so a square would be 3 tiles high for every 4 tiles wide, but that can be confusing and it usually doesn't look wrong when you round up. You have multiple building where the smaller attached structure has a larger roof than the bigger structure, which doesn't make sense. Buildings that take up more ground space also need a bigger roof to cover the whole thing.

Elissiaro

aka MsLilly
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What do you guys think of this design for a robot character?
Looks pretty good, though the perspective of the top of the head is a bit off.
Imo it feels like either the top should be shorter, or the side version of the head should be wider.

Puffer

creator of a game that doesnt exist yet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
1585111336184.png
I tried to draw the umbrella thorn tree today, Im quite happy with the trunk part but the foilage seems really off! Any suggestion on how can I fix this?

Leukah

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!

I'm currently working on a virtual pet using RMMV, it's coming along nicely, but I was hoping I could get some feedback. I've never, ever done pixel art at all before, let alone sprites, and before I animate this little dude I was hoping I could get any advice/tips/critique/etc that you guys have. Please don't worry about being too critical - I really want these to be high quality, and I would be so happy to make adjustments/changes now, rather than after I've done the whole sprite sheet!

(On transparent and a black background, the better to see his outline with)

Chinuken.pngChinuken_dark.png

Last edited:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The art is really good, very impressive, but the readability isn't as great. What I mean by that is just the ability to quickly glance at something and understand what is being looked at. When I look closely I can tell it's a bird, but at first it looked like a squid stuck in a furry rock or something. The main problem is that there's not a clear face, the line for the mouth is very shallow. That combined with the head being a completely different color to the body made it look like the body was being obscured and that the actual body was a separate object.
There are a few ways to go about fixing this, it depends on what you want out of it, but I think tweaking the blues and greens to get a little brighter with more contrast will help the body look like a body, and I think making the mouth stand out a little more will help with the head. I think this problem might be more easily solved before the refinement stage. If it doesn't look like itself in an unrefined state, there's something wrong with the design. If it did before and has lost something, then it's something in the refinement that has a problem.

To put things another way, in my opinion, an artist should never need to depend on one element of art to get the point across, if they do, they're using it as a crutch to hide a deficiency in their art. For example, people who need a lot of colors to make things look 3D tend to have a very poor grasp of lighting, people who need outlines don't understand form or silhouette, and so on. So you can sometimes find your own weaknesses by keeping an eye on your process, or by trying new styles, and staying honest with yourself. Then you can focus on and conquer those weaknesses!

But seriously, there's some great pixel art there, and the color choices are friendly and cohesive. Some great work.

Elissiaro

aka MsLilly
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I've recently gotten the idea that my basesprites profile look wonky, especially when I try doing lipstick, so I tried changing it.
Chin example.png
Could I get an opinion on which of these look best?
And which works best with the front of the head? Aka the pic below this sentence.
Chin exampleB.png
Chin example.gif

I'm so proud of that hair btw, it took so much time to get it animating right.

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Elissiaro personally I prefer profile nr2. As for front view however I am leaning more towards the bald one xD
Cant really explain why but that's my two cents anyway.

And the hair is gorgeous!

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The design from before was fine, but this is rendered in a way that's clearer, so I like it better.

salco

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I recently started to create new generator part for rpg maker mv.
I've done so far the sv battler
I think it look ok... for now. But I have huge difficulty with the FG face :
FG_Face_demo01.png
Can anyone help me with that I'm not sure where to start

I've change a little bit the face but I think it look good now:
icon_Face_p630_salco.png little demo it i put all together:demoFrog.png

thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Auriday

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm new on these forums, so sorry if this isn't the right place to post this.
Anyway, I've designed these two custom sprites for my game from scratch, but now that I look at them side by side they seem off to me. Like they wouldn't belong in the same game.
They're meant to have different body types. That's why I made each of them from scratch instead of designing just one base and working from there.
I've been trying to figure out what exactly about them is bothering me, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe I messed up the perspectives? It would be really helpful if I could get some feedback on this issue. Is it just me, or is something actually off...

sprite-check.png

EDIT: Changed the proportions a bit and cleaned up the lines. I think it looks fine now.

sprite check.png

Last edited:

epoxi

podcasts are really cool
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
ive been trying out different visual styles to use in a project ive been working on. while im satisfied with both sprites, im not too sure on which one i should use, so i decided to actually come to the forums for your opinion

the design is temporary btw :)

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I really wish to have listened someone's advice regarding writing, because I'm a little stuck.

Guys, if you have a whole story in mind, and you strongly believe it's going to work, make the effort of writing it. Because if you get stuck in a scene, you might have to re-assess it.
1 million messages is approaching. Some say the true identity of the legendary Maker is gonna be revealed. I mean come on, the legendary Maker is just a myth.....
Yes it took me this long to make a basic cape. :p Here is a shady necromancer elf to model it.

I dub him Nyxiel.
Thinking to make a portrait for almost every NPC in the game, and I'm already dreading the fun journey ahead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fixenvox