Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Go with the second one. It's the correct perspective, should be slightly easier to design for with the wider proportions, and looks less stiff.

salco

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I recently started to create new generator part for rpg maker mv.
I've done so far the sv battler
I think it look ok... for now. But I have huge difficulty with the FG face :
View attachment 143218
Can anyone help me with that I'm not sure where to start

I've change a little bit the face but I think it look good now:
View attachment 143695 little demo it i put all together:View attachment 143696

thanks in advance.
I've finish the generator part should i create a thread just to share the part or there is a better place to do it ?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Optimus Walk Sprite WIP.png
So, I'm trying to make mostly from scratch sprite for the first time ever (past spriting attempts were frankenspriting. I think it's turning out okay-ish so far for a first try?

• Love
Reactions: J-G

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@Troublesome Knight
This is a very good effort! I think, the helm could use some more shading especially at the bottom part on the sideview and back sprites. And the red shoulder parts as well.

I have nothing new to show yet, but I want to make kitchen counters and am wondering, if they should be really exactly 1 tile size as in the default rtp.
The counters are supposed for my MVSprite+ size (or the Dark Fantasy free dlc for MV).

kitchen_test.png

The right one is the default size. The sprite stands where it would stand ingame. Which one feels most natural?

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Candacis I would say the first one feels most natural to me (about waist high it seems).

I have 4 base templates for Goblin battlers to share :

FemaleGoblinTemp.pngGoblin3.pngGoblinFatBase.pngGoblinTemp.png

what do you guys think? Do the poses work?

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Candacis The second option looks better to me, but the first doesn't look bad. The last one is too tall.

@Finnuval Good stuff. I especially like the variety in the same theme and the dynamic posing. I think a more obvious light source would be better, it would back up the posing.

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Well, right now I went with the 3rd original option, because it looks better when the sprite walks/stands behind it.

StrawberrySmiles

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've made some busts for the main characters of my game, and while I think (and hope) that the female looks alright, I feel like the male is a little... derpy?

Original size and 3x size are both attached.

Attachments

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yeah, he's a little derpy. I think part of the problem is the narrowness of the face. Maybe if you make it wider by a pixel or two, and/or move the right eye (our left) away from the nose a little. Girl's cute.

PixelHeart

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Got a little frustraited with pixel art, so decided to give painted style a try, going off one of Celiana's Tree tuts. Not very satisfied with it, its kinda shoddy and you can kinda tell I didint take my time with it :< . But this one is at least better than my first try X3 ... I guess my studies into color theory and lighting with pixel art, translated well into painted style. Anyway, would love any feedback or advice. Much thanks in advance! Tree2.png

MrKiwi

No Flying Bird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there, I'm not quite the pixel-artist, so this is pretty much my greatest work on this area so far. These are some designs I'm planning to stick to for my project on MV. (They are upscaled x2 for sample purposes, except the walk cycle). Some observations would be neat as I'm not really known of pixels, either in color or designs. Also if you can tell which are male or female. Thanks for your time in advance :kaopride:

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ESAMarathon on Twitch, now streaming "Eat Girl". Yep, that's the title of a game... Apparently it's a Pacman knockoff.... Which is of course the only logical conclusion one would get from a name like "Eat Girl". :kaopride: I can't believe anybody would think anything else! :kaoback:
Super stoked i just finished my first town in my project, by finished i mean i can always add more decorative aesthetics and the NPCs don't talk yet but the mapping is complete and all the important chess pieces are present!
My brain: Hey, I have an idea how to make the transition to the main story quest in The Wastes more natural!
Me: Good!
My brain: You need to remake the hotel you start out in, it's not realistic enough.
Me: Ok... This was unexpected, but I can do it.
My brain: Now make each hotel floor 5 times as large to match the main part. Oh, you also need to make a bunch of new npcs to fill in the space on these maps.
Me: Crap.
Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhengdddddd