The Resource WIP Thread 3

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
@Tw0Face
I always think it is an art all by itself doing the art box, so additional leaflets/manuals/printed maps. I like it because playing on computer a game you like and having some side artifacts in the material world of it feels great; liked pulled off the game. I remember my bro having the map of Hyrule from Legend of Zelda on his wall and me clinging on my original Fallout box and vault-tech manual (rules) That and Diablo II XD

Sadly, we miss a lot those old days where we had physical copies.

Tw0Face

Master Strategist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Marquise* I feel you. Back in the days, when I was a kid, I used to read the manual first and look at the pictures to get in the right mood before playing a game. And it was always nice to have posters of my favorite games on the wall.

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Was bored... made a literary reference completely by accident (which could also double as a nice game over screen now that I think about it :D ). 10 completely useless Bastrophian points to anyone who can name the reference X3 . Also, wouldent mind any constructive feed back either! Thank you all in advance! unfortunate-export.png

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have question about MZ's face generator.

Am I supposed to move the nose up when the character's mouth is like this? Which one is right for this kind of angle?

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Dopan Thanks.

Actually, I'm gonna move the earrings up a bit. Still looks good, I hope?
te.jpg

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan Thanks.

Actually, I'm gonna move the earrings up a bit. Still looks good, I hope?
Yeah looks good^^

..the only thing was the nose didnt look like it was in the right Place on the older (blond)Example. #1,144
(thats just my oppinnion regarding the symmetrie)
But for earings both of the new Images look good, even if i preffer the Blond Example on the earrings,where they are placed "more up" ^^

Dutchmountain

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like to create tileset items and battle backgrounds for rpgmaker by using renders from 3d assets.
So far I created some concept examples and willing to expand them to full suitable recources for rpgmaker MV (MZ).
But before I continue I like to get some feed-back and possible tips from the community for it.

The concept examples are a few buildings and a battlebackground loosely inspired on some Star Wars buildings.
Since I created them orignally in 3d they are fairly easy to adjust and a lot of styles are possible (even isometric).
Do let me know what you think and what style / theme would be suitable.

[ spoiler ] Concept2.png [ /spoiler ]

Last edited:

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Trying to add new face parts to the male section. Please tell me how I should move them. :kaojoy:

So that's how it looks when I have the nose and mouth at default position. Which should I readjust? Nose, mouth, or both? About how many units x or y, should I readjust them?

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mr. Detective
All faces are good, except the middle one.
The mouth position seems a bit weird (?).
Maybe you can adjust it a little to the left and a bit down to make it more centered
(it doesn't have to be dead center, because his face still facing to the side :D)

Anyway, I want to make a music resource thread,
using the music I've created years ago (but I fixed it to sound better).
Here's the music:

Honestly I'm quite satisfied with the music.
I'm concerned about the video thumbnail and the video itself.
I want to use it as a preview, but I want to make it look as interesting as possible.
Do you think it's interesting enough?

*Credit to @Mr. Trivel for custom ui plugin

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@EpicFILE So only move the mouth by, I guess, maybe 2 units... You don't think the last one looks strange as well? The first one might be okay, though I'm tempted to move that one, too. But the third one also feels like it's also in an odd position, no?

No problem with the nose's position?

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mr. Detective
There's no problem on nose position, it's how it supposed
to look like when he's facing sideways.
Honestly I don't see anything wrong with the third one
until you mention it. The position is correct.
But maybe you can tilt the mouth image about 45 degree (or less)
to make it more aligned with the nose.

Open mouth is a bit tilted

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!
So I want to rework character arts for my game.
Here's the old art.

The hand holding the cloak seems a bit weird,
so I want to fix it on the new one.

The new one is pretty much still a WIP

I'm curious how a hand holding a cloak looks like (the red circled part)?
Does it look like that, or it looks like the old one?
Or maybe it looks like something else?

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I hate my thrusters... I try to get some ISO poses *facepalms* It's like the two angles are good but I should decide which angle I got to choose from but... I think trusters should be easier to move than mid section.

2ShowAH.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inkdrips