RMMV The Room of 2 Monsters (Dark Psychology, Adventure)

Lee Sang

Sang Hendrix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Game Poster Style 02.jpg

Follow our Instagram to keep updated about the game ♥

STORY
Once upon a time, there were two best friends living somewhere we never knew about because it had never been discussed. They lived together happily until one of them went missing. The missing person was Jack. The other person, called Henry, could not find anything but a piece of paper in Jack's room with one line "In the forest, where you will find me, there's something I haven't told you." Standing in front of the broken window splattered with Jack's blood, Henry decided to go look for Jack in the forest, accidentally began a whole new adventure that Henry wasn't prepared for.

TRAILER

GAMEPLAY
The Room of 2 Monsters is a situational puzzle RPG, where all your choices "truly matter" when they decided whether you continue living under sunshine or start having your first dark day.

FEATURES
  • Woods people will throw some dark jokes and satire jokes but you might not get it
  • Psychological puzzles and sometimes a random mini-game pops up
  • Serious decisions
  • Puzzles can be solved in multiple ways but 100% guaranteed it's always the easiest solution that you found first. It's also 100% guaranteed you'll try it only once.
  • You can ask people for help or just go by yourself. You don't do what you don't like (with consequences).
  • You can be whoever you want to be (also with consequences).
  • Multiple endings. The way you play leads you to a road that you deserve.
SCREENSHOT

BossBattle Map.png

RELEASE DATE
Google Playstore:
03/30/2020 (no English translation available yet)

Last edited:

miani

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
The art style is very nice and I like the general game concept, this is a game that I would definitely play.

AmieLK

Tired
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks super cool.

Lee Sang

Sang Hendrix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Page Updated (10/10/2019)
  • GIFs added
  • Removed a screenshot
  • Features added

Lee Sang

Sang Hendrix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Page Updated (10/18/2019)
  • Cover Art added

Lee Sang

Sang Hendrix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
CONTENT UPDATES (01/03/2020)
• New in-game GIF: Sword Traps, still under development and animating.

aniaaous

lazy potato
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is amazing keep the good work ^^

QuikInk

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Beautiful visuals! Sounds like an interesting premise too.

EuphemiaArtoria

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The art style for this looks absolutely gorgeous - really unique, very soft and cute but expressive. I especially like the bear with the cast on his arm, and some of the animations - like the death animation in the sword gif. The menus and interface also look fantastic.

I do wonder a lot about what the actual content of the game will be. In the screenshots it's hard to tell which shots are puzzles and nothing really jumps out. I also get the feeling from some of the blurb that the game maybe has an ironic bent - cute on the surface but hiding something ugly underneath? I could be off base there, but if that's right, it can be difficult to balance that sort of tone and attract an audience since people who like cute games might be turned off by the twist, but people who like ironic games might not realise that's what it is.

Either way, looking forward to a demo!

Oh, one other thing, you mention here that 'all your choices "truly matter"'. This is a bit of a buzzword phrase to me, and without actually describing how choices matter it feels a little meaningless.

Lee Sang

Sang Hendrix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The art style for this looks absolutely gorgeous - really unique, very soft and cute but expressive. I especially like the bear with the cast on his arm, and some of the animations - like the death animation in the sword gif. The menus and interface also look fantastic.

I do wonder a lot about what the actual content of the game will be. In the screenshots it's hard to tell which shots are puzzles and nothing really jumps out. I also get the feeling from some of the blurb that the game maybe has an ironic bent - cute on the surface but hiding something ugly underneath? I could be off base there, but if that's right, it can be difficult to balance that sort of tone and attract an audience since people who like cute games might be turned off by the twist, but people who like ironic games might not realise that's what it is.

Either way, looking forward to a demo!

Oh, one other thing, you mention here that 'all your choices "truly matter"'. This is a bit of a buzzword phrase to me, and without actually describing how choices matter it feels a little meaningless.
Oh, thank you for a very detailed comment, and I'm sorry I didn't reply to you to answer your questions sooner, I didn't receive a notification from my email. The game is actually finished and it's on testing mode so I'll upload some new screenshots really soon, I've been working on the game and studying at the same time so I couldn't update the page often. This game has 2 different types of puzzle, one is "who should I trust" type and one requires you to move and avoid certain things, it also contains an on-map battle system. If you look at the screenshots, it indeed seems like a cute game but right when you start the game, it doesn't hide anything and it immediately tells you it's a dark psychology game that involves choices like killing people or help people. And you're right, I think I should re-write that sentence so it has a clearer meaning. What I meant "truly matter" is the game gets harder if you choose to do certain things. Those things can cause map changes, different dialogues, original puzzles switch to different puzzles, therefore leading to a whole different ending.

Lee Sang

Sang Hendrix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
CONTENT UPDATES (03/16/2020)
• New Poster
• A new Screenshot
• Updated main title soundtrack

The game is finished and is on testing mode, it'll be available on Google Play Store soon. A video trailer is also on the way to be made.

Lee Sang

Sang Hendrix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Guys, the trailer is here!! You guys can watch it here or scroll to the first post to see it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What do you do when you're your family's resident computer 'expert'...but you are anything but a computer expert?
I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was. To make a game is my real test. To play it is my cause.
6.5 million beers are in need for rescue. I don't drink beer too much, but my Czech heart is sinking. It's just a pity that they priced it so high. At this price nobody is interested.
I couldn't have Taco Bell, so I grabbed a giant piece of strawberry cheesecake instead.
Guys one of our Animal Crossing Villagers (Sherb) just told us that he hoped that the villager who was having her birthday had as memorable of a birthday as his sixth birthday. Which was "the one where the clown went into our house and never came back" and that "his mother says she still sometimes hears the honking in the walls".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jean_Batailleur