First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Trailer:

Screenshots:

Download here:

Game Synopsis:

"The Root of All Evil", (or "Gold") is a short, gameplay driven RPG, with heavy focus on strategy and exploring. You control four adventurers, Polina, Nicholas, Edward, and Nemun, as they travel downward through an otherwordly dungeon in search of... something.

During the adventures in this dungeon, resource management is key. Really key. Gold is the most valued thing in this dungeon, being needed to both buy needed items, as well as use many attacks! In addition to it just being needed, your gold slowly runs dry by simply existing in this place. Not by turns mind you, but by time itself. As such, with a generally short running time (2-3 hours tops, can easily be beaten in about 1), and a heavy focus on gold collecting, this micro RPG could be seen as an RPG version of an arcade game.

This game was meant to be hard. However, there are 3 difficulty settings. These change a great deal, from gold rates, to stats, to enemy and boss AIs. I didn't want to make a cheap hard mode. Each difficulty setting was carefully balanced.

As for the characters:

Polina!

The team offensive. She focuses primarily on the direct fighting side of combat. Her abilities get bonuses based on certain factors, like if her stats are raised, or if she's at low HP.

Nicholas!

The team's wildcard, who has a nice mix of everything, from item usage to speed. While probably the weakest of the members, his high speed and versatility make him very useful in combat.

Edward!

The team tank and healer. Need someone to fall back on? Edward can do it! As Polina is the main offensive force in the party, Edward is the defense.

Nemun:

The team killer. He focuses on both changing the flow of combat, with stat and target changing moves, as well as just blasting foes apart with powerful nukes.

The game is divided into sub levels. Most of the sub levels, minus the last, has a boss, and a secret. Each of these will let you gain one level. Regular battles do not give experience, but gold and items instead. Battling quickly can give bonus results as well, gaining extra gold for a turn 1 victory!

So, I hope you enjoy this short little game. Just remember, it is gameplay driven, not story. While it does have a story, it is far more focused on being fun than telling a good narrative.

Credits:

TheTitan99

Gubid
Tigurus Fay
Yanfly
Galv
Tsukihime
Theo
Zeus81
Shad3Light
KilloZapit
PK8
Regendo

RPG Maker Staff

RPG Maker community for playing and testing

Enjoy!

Bug Fixes:

V2.0.0

Rebalanced entire game, especially Easy Mode.

Added 4 new bosses.

Changed Level 3 drastically, modifying puzzles, and making formerly mandatory things optional. Also removed old Level 3 Boss Fight, against The Arisen.

Added 2 new music tracks to break up audio monotony.

Changed camera in Level 4.

Fixed typos.

V1.0.3

Added even more Titan Blade clarity.

Minor remapping on Levels 3, to make the save point easier to see.

Rebalanced several encounters and bosses, namely Ice Devils and Xipe Totec.

Added a few more short tutorial texts.

Shops are now safe from the dungeon gold loss timer.

V1.0.2

Added more Titan Blade clarity.

Minor remapping on Levels 2 and 3 for clarity on where to go.

Weakened slightly bosses 3 and 4.

Weakened slightly mini bosses 2 and 3.

Added more of a hint to mini boss 4.

V 1.0.1

Full Screen scripts updated.

Title display updated.

Bug with being able to save at wrong times fixed.

Last edited:

TheTitan99

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bumping this now. Really am looking for feedback, especially in regards of mapping and combat. Even negative feedback, just trying to get better!

padr81

Guy whose game is taking too long.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
I tried this and as soon as Iet it to full screen mode the game became messed up.  half the screen was missing.  I reinstalled and the same thing keeps happening.

TheTitan99

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, new download links are up.

I've updated the Full Screen scripts, as well as a little more of other tiny things. I'll call this version 1.0.1 now! It's all working on my computer, I really, really hope it can work on yours!

Benja

Lead Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I really like the message boxes in the top left corner, and the mapping was nice as well. Story is usually what keeps me attached to a game, and I couldn't find much of it, although I understand it wasn't meant to have one, so I won't count that in the overall score.. The descriptions of the characters were well made as well. One flaw of the combat system is that there was no warning that escaping would cause me to lose gold, it would have been nice to have a heads up. The lack of sprinting was a bit annoying at times. The eventing was good, I especially like the mermen running away. I didn't encounter any bugs, which is a major plus.

Overall, a well made game

Story:  ★★☆☆☆

Eventing: ★★★★☆

Combat: ★★★☆☆

Writing: ★★★½

Scripts: ★★★★☆

Overall: ★★★½

Keep improving! Refining your already exceptional skills will only lead to you making bigger and better games!

Last edited by a moderator:

TheTitan99

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for playing, and for feedback! Did you finish the entire game, or just parts of it, 'cause you said without stories it's hard for you to finish these RPGs.

The story was definitely just to move ahead the levels. Thought about having an actual story, but felt that I'd be better off with a Mario format: story at start and end, nothing in the middle as that just gets in the way. If this was less arcade style, it'd have a real story, but felt like it was at odds with the gameplay in this instance.

I hadn't thought about a running warning, that's a good point! Felt like I tutorial'd well, guess that's the downside of doing most play testing by myself! Take stuff for granted.

With no sprinting... that was because of you slowly losing gold over time. Sprinting would have just been a bonus. Couldn't think of a good drawback to it (Never liked stamina systems), so it felt like an imbalanced mechanic. Plus, heh, I usually think it looks silly.

Outside of needing a running away warning, what were your issues with the combat? It got the lowest score, so I'm curious as to what you'd like improvement in.

Benja

Lead Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The combat was very linear. Standard rpg stuff, although I did like using gold for some abilities.

I did finish the game, on normal mode. The bosses were pretty hard, though I'm sure that was just my RPG ineptitude.

I see your point on sprinting, I guess I can't blame you, with the gold system (A well designed mechanic may I add) there really is no way to fix it

I look forward to your next game!

TheTitan99

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure what you mean by linear combat. Could you explain that in different words?

Also. Thank you! ...though I have no idea when I'll get around to another game.

Benja

Lead Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You know, the traditional turn based. Nothing more to it. Not a bad thing, but it's nothing special either.

TheTitan99

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aw, I was hoping that the combat had enough strategy to it. Like, using the old FF1-FF3 style combat, but with a lot of strategy to it. Like, simple mechanic, complex usage. Like how Earthbound and Mother 3 play the same, but Mother 3 has infinitely better combat because the specifics are different, even though the system is near identical. Oh well, good to know, gotta get better.

BerryB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks like you've got some good feedback already. Let me give you my two cents playing this game and hope you'll improve in the future as you can read this massively long notes I've made over playing this game.

(Some notes I took can be similar or probably more erratic, but I had written this off on a rush, so I hope it helps despite my messy notes.)

Overall Notes:

Tutorials are a nice touch. The map feels big, but it looks really nice overall. You definitely put some good effort into making the early sequences looks as animated as possible.

Overall, the mapping seems nice enough to look at, though it is a little bit too spacious on some specific areas. Though if that's an intentional design choice, I guess it doesn't matter.

I'm not a challenger type of person, so I ended up going for the easy route. 

Interesting mechanics right away is presented. Magic costs gold and you can't just recklessly pay them as it is only usable once.

For a more gameplay oriented style of game, this isn't bad. But this is just purely punishing. Like old 80's games punishing levels of difficulty. I ended up stopping at Lv. 5's final boss since I think the ending just isn't worth it, honestly.

As a casual, I'm not really good at this sort of game. It tries to be fair at least at some points, but it gets difficult on certain aspects.

Level 1 and 2 Notes: 

Very good eventing. Although the lack of visual effects in the map seems like a detriment, I think it looks fine.

Even saving costs you some gold. This makes sure you don't recklessly save too. But I kind of wished that stuff was explained earlier along, since it's possible to screw up on these kinds of things.

Edward has no description. And I like it. 

Some helpful descriptions and some hints, I kind of like that, but at the same time the transition just feels a little bit off to me.

Interactive objects and characters reacting to it. Good attention to detail. And some hints to finding some hidden coins as well is a nice touch. 

I'm a little peeved at the fact that you have a "time limit" in this game. It adds to the desperation factor, but sometimes it can be annoying honestly when you need your time to set up something and it ends up being too much of a hassle. Though admittedly, I find that this is a main feature, which is rather helpful. 

The coins decrease overtime, which I don't think it's a bad idea. It's just a little bit ridiculous at times. Although they pause if you enter the menu, which is probably fine. I guess. It keeps the game a bit fair if they're aware.

Level 3 Notes:

The puzzles in the right side of the ice dungeon are crafted in an interesting way, something I have to commend you for. It's not that bad really, personally speaking.

On the left side however, I got really frustrated over he fact that the puzzles were really, REALLY confusing to solve. While it might be solveable, some people might be frustrated of coming back and forth, especially with the time limit and the resources you have. Thankfully, I was able to solve this conundrum now, so it's a huge relief. But traps and long walk backs can be really annoying, especially on this punishing level of design.
Granted, I did run away from battles a lot, but it did cost me roughly 40-50% of my gold, which is not a good thing, especially on easy mode of all things. 

This way, you could say that it punishes the players for running away constantly instead of facing the enemy head on, but the cost seems too high for the reward system. 
Add that to the constant coin reduction and you have a really frustrating time. Granted, I have Repels to prevent it, but I'd prefer saving those and I ended up costing myself for it. 
The left side of the level I have frustrations and complaints over that I dropped my likeability points a little thanks to that, which honestly should be something that I disliked about the game, personally.

Also, this is something that I should point out, but having no ability to run can be a little bit of a liability, since the game takes a bit longer than expected. Although it can be more of a bonus, it slows down the game a little too much, this is a personal taste though. Take it with a grain of salt. This is your game after all.

About Repels. they do work, but there's no indication that the repel wore off. We're just doing speculation on it. So it's kind of a bit of a drawback, to be honest.

Level 4 Notes:

Wow. This level is brutally hard for newbies even on easy mode. It does provide a challenge though, I'll give you that much. And how is it a coincidence that 4 means death in chinese and the level is all about death chasing you. Hmm.. How..
coincidental. And I can see why you disabled running as a feature here, but I feel like it's still a detriment than a benefit.

Camera controls feels a little clunky after moving a specific period of time.

And the ghost shopkeeper is a funny sort, I'll give you that much too. Gives you shopping material when you're on the run. Seems a bit... familiar for some reason.

Level 4's boss is hard. REALLY, REALLY hard. The punishing quick paced action chase scene from earlier drained most of my money down, ended up costing me greatly.
I've beaten him, but that boss is REALLY, REALLY HARD on easy mode. This game is incredibly punishing if you're not one of those oldschool hardsters. The worst part is that grinding isn't even helping or encounters in this level is too punishing. 
If this is an intentional design choice for the "hardsters", then you've certainly convinced me of it, that's for sure.

Level 5 Notes:

This is a breath of fresh air. Not only does there no money reduced, but it seems like there's a long right hallway across for the finale. Seems fine, I suppose.

After the second time replaying the game (and having my fingers be really exhausted playing this game) I've managed to do all I can to reach Lv.8 with a good amount of gold to spare. Even then, it's really hard. You can get so far and honestly, luck just plays so much as a factor here it's kind of frustrating. I wouldn't want to imagine the difficulty playing on normal or hard. I guess I'm not the challenger strategist type. Ahah..

Though the boss levels in and of itself is another level of difficult and punishing. I mean... Wow. This is h.a.r.d. After Lv.4 it gets near frustrating because of all the things that happened. It gets harder and harder. Though I will say you put a lot of effort to it. Clearly it needs improvement, but It's definitely a game that has a lot of effort put into it. 

padr81

Guy whose game is taking too long.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Got it working eventually. I eventally managed to turn fullscreen off and just played in the window.  I'm playing on a 42 inch hd tv so you can imagine how small it looked.  I'll play update later.

Graphics:

Game looks pretty although I found all those statues so close strange on level 2, too many of them imho, a bit more spacing and it would be grand.  Everything is done well and bar my issue with the statues the mapping is nice.  Ice level is really nice.

Gameplay:

Not being able to dash is frustrating especially with no real story to speak of so it kind of feels like plodding along.  I like that almost every space on the map is used and if you venture off the main path there is always something there.  The little cut scenes are nice, I just wish more story based. Chasing the little dragon thing, taking the gold on the ghost shopkeeper and having to put it back.  All are nice professional and subtle touches.  I also really like that the map transfers are 4 or so tiles from the end as opposed to on the end or the 2nd to last block.   Again a nice little touch.

Battles:

I'll probably play on hard mode when I download the update as I found little strategy in normal, I could just really spam attacks, my gold was never really low and I only needed to heal with the Knight guy.  Although I did have the guy with really low hp die in one fight from not paying attention, think it was against the 3 fishmen or maybe the zombies.  I also never felt like a game over is coming or under pressure on that mode.  I'd imagine easy can be completed just tapping attack.  Looking forward to the hardest mode.

Story:

I know its not that type of game but even a little one would help.  I played for a good while last night once I got it working, half way through the ice level I'd say and I can't remember the characters names, I know the main one begins with P and one of the last guy begins with V.  So even a little story would make me remember.

TheTitan99

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you all for the feedback! I'm very grateful for you spending your time to play this silly little game of mine!

To me, there can NOT be too much feedback, positive or negative, if you have it on your mind, feel free to let me know!

BerryB:

Gonna focus on the negatives, namely challenge and Icy Level 3. Understand that your compliments really went to my heart, and I thank you for them!

I was worried about the puzzles honestly. I knew the solutions, and could never really test them as an outsider. I tried to make it so that they LOOK really confusing, but actually have few choices so that you can guess and check your way through if needed! Maybe the fire spirits could have been explained better. Did the whole "they float around an object" come across well, or was that hard to understand?

I will admit, Level 3 is my personal least favorite.

As for challenge... this game WAS meant to be hard... But not THAT hard on Easy Mode. It's suppose to not really put up much of a fight until the Ice Palace boss on easy mode. Where was the early game trouble coming from, exactly, in your opinion? Just losing too much gold, or other things? I can understand the Level 4 and 5 bosses being hard if you're low on gold, but I want to know from you, specifically, what scenes were challenging?

You were on Level 8 when fighting The Arbiter, Level 5 Boss. I'm assuming you beat the Merman Chief, Warlock, and bought the level up from the shopkeeper. Did you ever get the hidden Stage 4 level up?

I feel like I could have possibly done 2 things to improve this game, in retrospect: Made the defense stat do more, and make more things change on easy mode. A lot changes for easy mode already, AI's are redone (especially boss AI's), you get tons more items, you lose gold slower, ect. I could make you lose a lot less gold from running on easy mode! I also never touched puzzles. How does easier puzzles on easy mode sound?

Repels... I thought about having a message come up, like "Repels effect wore off." Problem was the Death chase. If a message pops up, you'll stop moving, Death'll get you, that's not fair. Or, I could have a visual effect play. Most likely, you're running along, that effect plays, and you don't even know what it means! Thought it'd just confuse the player. In hindsight, maybe a counter in the lower right corner could have worked though... How does that sound? Seeing exactly how many steps left in the corner, like your gold?

And, yeah, you are right about the whole 80's hard game stuff. This game was meant to be an RPG version of the old arcade game Gauntlet. That game, you steadily lost HP over time. That was the main inspiration for the gold time limit. It's really suppose to FEEL more tense that it really is. 1 gold lost every 7 seconds, +1 gold lost every... 10 minutes? The counter's all in microseconds, but that's the general timing. It's meant to feel tense, but it really is actually pretty minor, especially on easy mode where it's about twice as slow.

Last thing, saving shouldn't cost gold. Healing at a save point costs a cabin/tent, but saving itself should be free, unless there's some mechanic I forgot about.

------------

padr81:

Ha, yeah, Level 2 has a lot of statues. Trying to drive home that statues indicate the correct route, maybe went overboard on that!

This is why I love varied feedback. You're saying the game's too easy. I like that. Maybe this isn't the MOST strategic game in the world, but I know there is some to it if differing people are having this different of challenge to it. Have you beaten the game yet, or just played up to Level 3? It was designed to get harder at a fast rate. I called it a Micro RPG because it's suppose to have a challenge curve of a normal RPG, but all happen over an hour or 2.

Ha, ha, yeah, the characters are more avatars than anything else. Polina, Nicholas, Edward, Nemun, but, you might as well call 'em Fighter, Speedster, Tank, Nuker. This has been the apparently most controversial decision, having no real story, but I feel like, as a pure dungeon crawler game, a story would only get in the way, and hurt replays. Do note, I love story driven games, wanna make 'em in the future. I just didn't want one here.

That and no dashing, but felt that was needed 'cause of all the timed events and whatnot.

BerryB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was worried about the puzzles honestly. I knew the solutions, and could never really test them as an outsider. I tried to make it so that they LOOK really confusing, but actually have few choices so that you can guess and check your way through if needed! Maybe the fire spirits could have been explained better. Did the whole "they float around an object" come across well, or was that hard to understand?

I will admit, Level 3 is my personal least favorite.

Well, to be fair, some of the levels were easy enough if you're attentive. But some sections was a little bit confusing in terms of how it was laid out, it took me a bit of time to figure out. And for the puzzle itself added with random encounters to be a problem on that level with the time limit just makes it all the more frustrating.

As for challenge... this game WAS meant to be hard... But not THAT hard on Easy Mode. It's suppose to not really put up much of a fight until the Ice Palace boss on easy mode. Where was the early game trouble coming from, exactly, in your opinion? Just losing too much gold, or other things? I can understand the Level 4 and 5 bosses being hard if you're low on gold, but I want to know from you, specifically, what scenes were challenging?

If I were to estimate, level 4's chase scene is really frustrating. You would only have a fraction of a second before you get the chest and run away from death. And revives aren't cheap either, so that also factors to it. Though playing it the second time, I was able to skip the chests and minimize my chances getting caught by death. 

You were on Level 8 when fighting The Arbiter, Level 5 Boss. I'm assuming you beat the Merman Chief, Warlock, and bought the level up from the shopkeeper. Did you ever get the hidden Stage 4 level up?

I'm going to assume that there is a level 9 and that hidden stage exists, I was too distracted running away or not being able to find that hidden stage at that point. So no. Although that does add to the challenge of that level already, being tasked with several things at once made me not crossed my mind. I thought there is no hidden stage because I'm not sure if it's during the chase scene or after, and when you fell down to the volcano, I just couldn't find it. At all.

I feel like I could have possibly done 2 things to improve this game, in retrospect: Made the defense stat do more, and make more things change on easy mode. A lot changes for easy mode already, AI's are redone (especially boss AI's), you get tons more items, you lose gold slower, ect. I could make you lose a lot less gold from running on easy mode! I also never touched puzzles. How does easier puzzles on easy mode sound?

My suggestion is to have the tank, Edward, have taunting or draw physical/magic abilities. Level Five's battles would have a more strategic element to it (and it would be more easier). This is because his skill set, other than healing and null attack, seems really useless and doesn't really help me beat the Lv. 5 boss. If the gold reduction is 450-600 every time you run away, I'd say reduce that to 150-200 by easy mode and 350-500 by normal mode. As that would reduce the consequences and allows player in easy mode to run away with less money loss. Easier puzzles seems too strenuous to work on. Personally speaking, the more technical options players have that can benefit them in some way or form (such as tank has defensive abilities and take the hits of other characters), the more depth a character does and it helps a lot in choosing your options. Some things to consider if you're going to make this type of game again.

Repels... I thought about having a message come up, like "Repels effect wore off." Problem was the Death chase. If a message pops up, you'll stop moving, Death'll get you, that's not fair. Or, I could have a visual effect play. Most likely, you're running along, that effect plays, and you don't even know what it means! Thought it'd just confuse the player. In hindsight, maybe a counter in the lower right corner could have worked though... How does that sound? Seeing exactly how many steps left in the corner, like your gold?

Seems more viable. One option you can take would be to have visual aids to tell when the repel starts and when it wears off. Using pictures or an indicator without it stopping the player would be the more optimal choice you can go with in this conundrum.

And, yeah, you are right about the whole 80's hard game stuff. This game was meant to be an RPG version of the old arcade game Gauntlet. That game, you steadily lost HP over time. That was the main inspiration for the gold time limit. It's really suppose to FEEL more tense that it really is. 1 gold lost every 7 seconds, +1 gold lost every... 10 minutes? The counter's all in microseconds, but that's the general timing. It's meant to feel tense, but it really is actually pretty minor, especially on easy mode where it's about twice as slow.

Seems like you have the general idea of the time count and the gold loss in the game, which is something that I would commend on. It's the thing I find little issue on and it does bring an element of challenge to the game. It still needs some work on the balancing side, but overall the feeling you want seems to come across relatively well.

Last thing, saving shouldn't cost gold. Healing at a save point costs a cabin/tent, but saving itself should be free, unless there's some mechanic I forgot about.

I did say I rushed out (and the notes are erratic, so they are not consistent) when I was typing out all the notes. I'd probably assume that during the first level. When I learned that it doesn't save gold, it probably was because I was looking at the gold dropping overtime and just assumed (reading the early text kind of lost me on that until I realized that I really lose gold when on the field). A mistake on my part though, but I suppose saving gold when opening the menu still stands though. (Since gold is not lost when you open the menu and check your stats, items and the like)

--------

Regardless, I'm glad I played this game. This game doesn't have a lot of story in it (in fact the story is.. almost non-existent other than come in, boss fight, come in again, have more puzzles, have a chase scene, and fight over and over again, like an Arcade game), but it's interesting enough, personally speaking. It has balancing and tweaking issues, but I had an ok time. Still need to find some way to beat the Lv. 5 boss, but I'll come around to it when I figure out how to properly beat him and play this game again. I'm still glad you can take my notes into consideration and justify it and hopefully you'll try your best either improving or brushing up on anything else you make in the future.

TheTitan99

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Level Up in stage 4 is right in front of you the entire time: Just face Death head on. Now HE'S meant to be hard on all difficulty settings, to encourage you to run. But he is beatable. Most of what little, little, LITTLE story there is in this game will come if you beat Death.

Running Away gold is all percent based. Have little, lose little, have a lot, lose a lot. This was to not be overly punishing to those having a hard time, they'll steadily lose less and less. Guess I coulda taken it further though!

I agree with there should be some cover or taunt or something. I've had trouble balancing such moves in the past, but they do tend to make combat better. I'll agree.

I'm glad you... mostly enjoyed the game, though, even if annoyed you at times! I'll do my best to offer some advise!

Are you using the status moves? Nothing is immune to anything in this game, unless I'm forgetting like a really tiny instance. Poison the bosses, drain their MP, they'll react to this, but its still viable, and helpful!

Are you using Nemun's Focus Mind ability? It's expensive, but very, very powerful. It makes all single target moves (meaning every skill you know) target teams instead. Only thing is, it wears off super fast, and costs a ton of MP to use. However, I recoded for this game how skill selection works. You can select a move even if you do not have enough MP to use it. So, Nemun can have 0 MP, start casting this spell, then Nicholas, the fastest character who specializes in items, can use MP healing items on Nemun before his turn rolls around.

Edward's abilities may be on the whole the worst in the game, but when combined with Focus Mind, having an entirely Blessed team cured every turn goes a long way to make bosses easier.

Going with selection reworks, you can select a living character with a reviving item/skill, if you know they'll be dead before the reviver's turn comes up. Especially useful against the Level 5 boss, as he uses team targeting attacks the most. You can ALSO select dead members with curing. So, have Nicholas revive with an item, and Polina, who is the 2nd fastest, cure them with an item. That'll revive and heal all in 1 turn, as oppose to 2 turns.

Polina's Overpower skill gets a damage boost for any kind of stat raise she has, even speed boosts. On turn 1, you can select Overpower for polina, and have Nicholas use Haste on her. She'll get the speed boost before her turn rolls around, and so get the damage boost. Starting from turn 2, she'll now be the fastest thing in most battles, and you'll be able to use her attacks knowing she'll probably move first out of anything, and defiantly move first in your team.

If you beat a battle in 1 turn, you get a gold bonus. It's useful to use Nemun's cheap little direct damage spells if you know they'll let you win a fight in 1 turn, 'cause the bonus gold will pay for itself. if the battle goes to 2 turns, however, don't use his skills, as their slight gold costs will add up to hundreds over the course of the game.

Hope this can help!

BerryB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Let me try to elaborate on some of these points I suppose.

Ok. Your strategy...works really well. Wow. Overpower + buffs + Focus Mind makes the battle a whole lot easier. Add that with poison which makes the boss' HP drop so much faster. Wow. I guess I haven't thought of it that way. My original strategy was to Focus Mind + Poison with status effects. But apparently, it helps to take out the fairies much easier then when you can use Overpower instead. Forgot since I actually can set up buffs before then and just hit focus mind at the right time. Now that I've seen the ending. I'm pretty much satiated now. And after trying the second time, I've finally completed the game in easy mode. But yeah, this game is interesting in its own little way, so good job.

I'm aware of the gold bonuses. I think it could be increased on easy mode though. Just my two cents on it.

Edward's pretty useful with his blessed/cursed combo really. It's his attacking skills that just seems far too situational in the game. It honestly could have been replaced with a taunting skill, but that's just me being picky, he's still great overall with his own strengths and weaknesses as a healer tank.

And I kind of aware that a lot of the enemies can be debuffed, but I don't know that all the enemies are debuff-able, so I guess that's a plus I suppose.

But yeah. With that, I'm done with this game. I don't think I would be completely bothered to play on normal or hard since I know this is just near pure gameplay (easy already drained me) unless it had extra story on it. Good work on it though. Other people may have a much easier time in normal/hard mode than myself though.

TheTitan99

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updated to version 1.0.2, after some new feedback. Mainly some rebalancing, and minor tweaks.

IamGilgamesh

Game Developer - Rapper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Welp. Downloaded and played. Ran too much from the chase scene and am now too broke to be able to beat Level 4 Boss. Already saved my game, so I can't go back. Already spent over two hours getting this far. Much fun as I was having, I can't say I really feel like starting all over at this point. I was doing really well up to that point too. No one had died yet til the Ice level boss. I had some struggles, but they all seemed really reasonable and fair. But this kinda stuff ruins games for me. I literally can't do anything with my saved game. Unless I wanna fight two hundred battles to get enough money, but then I won't have enough items. Pretty frustrating. Just when I was really starting to have fun and wanted to see your ending. smh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kes wrote on Chef's profile.
I have deleted your profile post as our Rules are quite clear that you may not use them to advertise non-RM products, nor may you give a link to anything that solicits payment for you.
140 Thousand words, take one down, toss it around, discover I hate the direction I went and decide to start a complete rewrite.
I like being a butt to people.
Dirtnap wrote on Tyler Warren's profile.
Hi Tyler,

My name is Sean, I am the owner of an indie studio, and I am looking to get some paid art work done. I am working with MV, but our programmer will be heavily modifying it.

If you are interested, or would like to hear more, I can provide my personal e-mail address.

S.G.
The stream will be live shortly with some more Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BwadeZ