The RPG MAKER features

Jacobson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is it possible to change the appearance of. RPG MAKER to a realistic one? What would be a dark dystopian fantasy with animated characters in dialogues, (Blink and animation of emotions and body) that the characters would be times higher and similar to the enlarged Fallout 1

Animated main screen and animations of enemy deaths in combat?

How are you doing with the graphics? Under realism or stylization? What about music? What software do you advise for creating your own music?
What code do you write RPG MAKER MZ AND UNITY in?
How did you learn to program? Is it hard to do?

What about the sounds of footsteps and armor? How do you do full animations in rpg maker outside of combat? Opening doors, dying, screaming, begging, and picking things up? How do you draw characters and enemies?

Help a newbie. I want your advice.

PS How can this be done with a plugin? What level of coding is required for all of the above?

Last edited:

ZombieKidzRule

Note to Self: Patience Newbie...Patience.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I can't answer all of your questions, but I can answer a couple and offer a suggestion.

From your questions, it sounds like you are new to RPG Maker. RPG Maker uses Java Script if you want to use scripts.

I have seen many people respond to questions like these that almost anything is possible. It is limited to your knowledge and how much you are willing to learn.

For my suggestion. You should watch as many tutorials and videos about RPG Maker as you can. I recommend focusing on MZ.

Watching videos should give you some idea of what you would be getting yourself into.

I was brand new about a year ago and I have learned a lot from watching tutorials and experimenting.

I hope this helps a little.

TheAM-Dol

Randomly Generated User Name
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What software do you advise for creating your own music?
If you have never written AND produced your own music, I do not advise that you start learning these skills with an ambitious project such as a soundtrack for a game. Even if you manage to write a full soundtrack, I can promise you that it will not sound good since music - like any art forms - is a skill that takes experience and practice.
However, there are some toys that other devs use on this forum that might be accessible to first-time music writers, though my personal opinion is that you should cut right to the meat of real music production. Pick up a DAW (music production software) and begin watching tutorials and the documentation that comes with the DAW.
Your best picks would be:
Bandlab's Cakewalk studio because it's free.
Fruity Loops Studio because of consumer friendly licensing and supportive community
Or
Reaper because it's incredibly generous licensing and very stable performance.

On a different note, it might be better to break this topic up into multiple different topics. It's too many questions that all of them have lots of different answers to.
But general advice: if you are new to RPG Maker, then start by just using the vanilla default assets before trying to make a full game with lots of new assets and custom work. Baby steps.

Last edited:

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is it possible to change the appearance of. RPG MAKER to a realistic one? What would be a dark dystopian fantasy with animated characters in dialogues, (Blink and animation of emotions and body) that the characters would be times higher and similar to the enlarged Fallout 1

How are you doing with the graphics? Under realism or stylization? What about music? What software do you advise for creating your own music?

What about the sounds of footsteps and armor? How do you do full animations in rpg maker outside of combat? Opening doors, dying, screaming, begging, and picking things up? How do you draw characters and enemies?

PS How can this be done with a plugin? What level of coding is required for all of the above?

As the guy who pushes MZ to it's animation limits... What you are essentially doing is shuffling frames of each character. The best I've managed to achieve is 30 images (488x366) per 60 frames per character, with 30+ characters on screen. While I prefer a more stylized look, there's nothing stopping you from using more realistic images.

As for how I'm doing it, or evidence of it being possible. You need only look at my signature, I keep past streams of game dev on my YT. If you go this route be prepared to learn and use extensive amounts of JavaScript.

Incidentally if you're looking to learn JS, I learned just by breaking apart plugins, and messing with the engine's code. While this is partially necessary to learn how RM handles stuff, the best way to learn JS is tutorials on YT. It's free and provides easy to understand visuals. Oh and download yourself a copy of Visual Studio Code (also free), using a non-professional editor is awful.

For sound effects I recommend https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...l-audio-voice-acting-new-channels-etc.128741/ ...which is basically a complete overhaul on MZ's sound system allowing for spatial audio, and layered sounds.

SGHarlekin

Orc Jester
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV

All of the above are possible with various plugins and a lot of effort put into making a whole bunch of sprite sheets to get all the extra animations you want.

Yes it is hard to learn coding.
RPG maker MV/MZ use java script.

The style can be whatever you want it to be. If you want realistic looking sprites, you just need to make them.

Should you consider doing all this while having no clue about the engine you're using? Certainly not, but it is all possible.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As to your second question, it depends on how good you are at understanding computer logic.
If you can understand logic structures (which is NOT easy or automatic), then you can learn programming in a reasonable time (read: months of work).

If you have problems understanding logic structures (something that is true for a lot of people), then you will either need years to learn how to program, or never do.

As to your first question - you need to follow tutorials (preferably not video tutorials as programming is about writing and details that often get lost in videos) and get experience by slowly programming from minor ideas up to complex programs.
But there is no need to program if using the RPG-Makers, you can stay with eventing (although eventing is a low-level and easy form of programming where you can start to learn logic structures)

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A lot of your questions are either subjective (they depend on the person answering, which doesn't necessarily have anything to do with you) or answered in the product information you can already see. However...

Is it possible to change the appearance of. RPG MAKER to a realistic one?
Yes. The graphics can look like whatever you want to draw.

Sure.

How are you doing with the graphics? Under realism or stylization? What about music?
This is what I mean by subjective - why would my answer have anything to do with you? Most RPG Maker projects use either an anime or cartoon style, but I've seen people using artwork exported from 3D rendering software. The musical styles range similarly.

What software do you advise for creating your own music?
This has already been answered, but if you're asking that here, that's not a great first step. Writing your music for your own game that is going to sound good and be memorable requires musical and compositional training. You can easily Google sequencers to see what options there are.

There's stuff out there that allows amateurs to slap together stuff that is generally inoffensive, like GarageBand and Fruity Loops.

This is right in the product descriptions - JavaScript and C#.

Just like you learn to do anything else - you take classes, tutorials, read books, etc. My brain is not your brain, I can't tell you if it'll be hard for you.

What about the sounds of footsteps and armor? How do you do full animations in rpg maker outside of combat? Opening doors, dying, screaming, begging, and picking things up?
It makes no sense for you to be asking how to implement these specific things when you don't even own RPG Maker, haven't started to learn how to use it, don't have a project going. There are many threads about all of this if you just Google them.

How do you draw characters and enemies?
With any image editor that supports transparency.

I suggest you calm down and approach life logically. Choose an RPG Maker, do tutorials. Learn how to use it. Search for your questions. No one minds helping a newbie, but your post is a big mess.

This really doesn't mean anything. Most of what you asked has nothing to do with a plugin and doesn't require coding.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This has already been answered, but if you're asking that here, that's not a great first step. Writing your music for your own game that is going to sound good and be memorable requires musical and compositional training. You can easily Google sequencers to see what options there are.
In fairness, believe it or not Nobuo Uematsu has no formal musical training whatsoever; he's entirely self-taught. That said, the chances of anyone here being the next Nobuo are slim to none. XD

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In fairness, believe it or not Nobuo Uematsu has no formal musical training whatsoever; he's entirely self-taught. That said, the chances of anyone here being the next Nobuo are slim to none. XD
There are a few people like that, but as you say - I don't think it makes sense to jump into a field of study and say "I'm not going to try to learn this, I'll just be a genius" :guffaw:

Jacobson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Многие ваши вопросы либо субъективны (они зависят от человека, который отвечает, что не обязательно имеет какое-либо отношение к вам), либо ответы на них содержатся в информации о продукте, которую вы уже видите. Однако...

Да. Графика может выглядеть так, как вы хотите нарисовать.

Конечно.

Вот что я имею в виду под субъективным - какое отношение мой ответ имеет к вам? В большинстве проектов RPG Maker используется стиль аниме или мультфильма, но я видел людей, использующих изображения, экспортированные из программного обеспечения для 3D-рендеринга. Аналогичным образом варьируются музыкальные стили.

На этот вопрос уже был дан ответ, но если вы спрашиваете об этом здесь, это не лучший первый шаг. Написание музыки для собственной игры, которая будет хорошо звучать и запоминаться, требует музыкальной и композиционной подготовки. Вы можете легко использовать секвенсоры Google, чтобы увидеть, какие есть варианты.

Есть вещи, которые позволяют любителям собирать вещи, которые обычно безобидны, например, GarageBand и Fruity Loops.

Это прямо в описаниях продуктов — JavaScript и C#.

Точно так же, как вы учитесь делать что-то еще — вы ходите на курсы, обучаетесь, читаете книги и т. д. Мой мозг — это не ваш мозг, я не могу сказать, будет ли вам это тяжело.

Вам не имеет смысла спрашивать, как реализовать эти конкретные вещи, если у вас даже нет RPG Maker, вы еще не начали учиться его использовать, у вас нет проекта. Обо всем этом есть много тем, если вы просто погуглите их.

С любым графическим редактором, который поддерживает прозрачность.

Я предлагаю вам успокоиться и подходить к жизни логически. Выберите RPG Maker, сделайте уроки. Узнайте, как его использовать. Ищите свои вопросы. Никто не против помочь новичку, но ваш пост - большой беспорядок.

Это действительно ничего не значит. Большая часть того, что вы просили, не имеет ничего общего с плагином и не требует кодирования.
Тhanks For help!

TheAM-Dol

Randomly Generated User Name
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
he's entirely self-taught
To clarify here, while that may have been more impressive during his hayday, the accessibility of music software now has made it possible for nearly anyone to do such a thing, many artists now have a pretty similar background in that way. In fact, music and musicians have been on that trajectory for a few decades now. Rewind the clock a bit, many of the famous songs of yore built using tracker software was written by programmers, not musicians. Usually folks with little to no musical training, just a keen sense for how to rock out with some chips. (that's computer chips, not potato chips...though rocking out with potato chips is pretty good too.)
Not that I am making this about saying I compose on the same level are Nobuo Uematsu, however, I'm mostly self taught as well, and I don't think it's unfair for me to say that my music competency is relatively good - at least better than some of the stuff I've seen sold as DLC for RM (not to toot my own horn here) :LZSlol: (I'm such a pompous ass)

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
To clarify here, while that may have been more impressive during his hayday, the accessibility of music software now has made it possible for nearly anyone to do such a thing. In fact, to rewind the clock a bit, many of the famous songs of yore built using tracker software was written by programmers, not musicians. Usually folks with little to no musical training, just a keen sense for how to rock out with some chips.
Not that I am making this about saying I compose on the same level are Nobuo Uematsu, however, I'm mostly self taught as well, and I don't think it's unfair for me to say that my music competency is relatively good - at least better than some of the stuff I've seen sold as DLC for RM (not to toot my own horn here) :LZSlol: (I'm such a pompous ass)
That's fine, my only point was that formal training isn't necessary to be good.

Jacobson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You've all heard this theme, right?

Question. Is there a free pack of this kind of singing on the Internet? In general, can it be done with music creation software alone? It's a beautiful topic in its desperation and despair.

ZombieKidzRule

Note to Self: Patience Newbie...Patience.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey, @Jacobson . Just a couple of things to note.

#1 I believe the Forum rules state that you aren’t supposed to double post…meaning you shouldn’t post multiple messages consecutively in the same thread…meaning you shouldn’t have one post right after the other in the same thread.

#2 You can edit your posts…meaning instead of posting right after your own post on a thread, you just edit your previous post.

#3 You can respond to multiple previous posters using the quote option as well as the @ option.

#4 Your last couple of posts in this thread are an example of when it is better to start a new thread if you want to ask something new or substantively different from your original post.

#5 Try not to get impatient if you don’t get an immediate response to your question. People are busy and it can take days for someone who Is actually able to answer your question to see it. Especially when you ask a very specific question that most people might not know. Like whether someone has run across a very specific type of music…for free…on the internet.

I hope someone can help you, but I know I can’t with that.

Good luck!

Jacobson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey, @Jacobson . Just a couple of things to note.

#1 I believe the Forum rules state that you aren’t supposed to double post…meaning you shouldn’t post multiple messages consecutively in the same thread…meaning you shouldn’t have one post right after the other in the same thread.

#2 You can edit your posts…meaning instead of posting right after your own post on a thread, you just edit your previous post.

#3 You can respond to multiple previous posters using the quote option as well as the @ option.

#4 Your last couple of posts in this thread are an example of when it is better to start a new thread if you want to ask something new or substantively different from your original post.

#5 Try not to get impatient if you don’t get an immediate response to your question. People are busy and it can take days for someone who Is actually able to answer your question to see it. Especially when you ask a very specific question that most people might not know. Like whether someone has run across a very specific type of music…for free…on the internet.

I hope someone can help you, but I know I can’t with that.

Good luck!
Hello!

Thanks for the detailed reply. I'm new to this forum.
How long have you been learning to work on Rpg maker yourself? What's the hardest thing about this engine?

By the way on RPG MAKER UNITE only C++ or are plugins from previous versions and old code supported?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@Jacobson, please do not bump unless 72 hours have passed. Your question has nothing to do with this thread, and I see you have also posted it in another thread. Please do not post the same question in multiple places. The HELP link at the top and bottom of every page will lead you to the forum rules. Please take some time to read through them. Thanks.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hi sweethearts! :kaoluv: Check out my review of @EntangledPear's totally oldskool The Stuff Fairy Tales Are Made Of!
When you spend all day at work distracted by things you want to work on or try in your project and then by the time you get home, you are too mentally tired to concentrate so you just browse the forum instead and think of more things you won’t get to work on for a while.
Time to write some enemy behaviors, here's the stream link for those interested.

Call of duty 1&2 had an interesting cheat prevention method. Between levels the game unloads and reloads the engine dll. If you ever employ this method, make sure to include at least an md5 hash check. Otherwise I can just edit that dll and implant cheats into it.
Hi-Fi Rush is one of the coolest games I've seen in a while. I don't have a way to play it so I watched a friend and wow... I really wish I had a powerful enough computer for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peridon